IGNORED

Survivor: VGS - Fires of Redemption (Season 2) Sign-Up Thread! SIGN-UPS FULL - INQUIRE WITHIN TO BE A BACK-UP!

KokiriChild

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The two people that are the least trustworthy are already both talking about having trust 😆

I'm more of a petty revenge guy:  after I was eliminated last game I worked overtime to sink everyone who played any part in my elimination.  Because I'm spiteful like that.  AND I'LL DO IT AGAIN 😂

Pro tip to everyone, if you don’t want reed screwing up your game, eliminate him before he ends up on the jury. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
18 minutes ago, Makar said:

Pro tip to everyone, if you don’t want reed screwing up your game, eliminate him before he ends up on the jury. 

Please do!  My wife would appreciate me not trying to play Burger Time during the middle of the day 😂

Also, eliminate Makar so he's saved shedding BITTER TEARS at the end when his backstabbing catch up to him 😏

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Oh do you think he's talking about me?

Because unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure he's talking about you and Opt, haha

Oh lol maybe that’s it then. That makes more sense. Cripes you do one blindside against an unbeatable opponent and you’re a villain

• Haha 2

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

Please do!  My wife would appreciate me not trying to play Burger Time during the middle of the day 😂

Also, eliminate Makar so he's saved shedding BITTER TEARS at the end when his backstabbing catch up to him 😏

Lol yes because that’s exactly what happened. You totally didn’t manipulate the jury. 

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Makar said:

Oh lol maybe that’s it then. That makes more sense. Cripes you do one blindside against an unbeatable opponent and you’re a villain

I think what irked people about that is that I was one of the nicer players in the game, and I tried my best not to backstab or betray anyone unless I was explicitly told they were planning on doing that exact thing to me. I tried to be as honest as possible with people and I tried not to act too cocky or arrogant, so when I was blindsided it kind of rubbed people the wrong way, even though strategically it made total sense, haha.

Events Team · Posted
11 hours ago, Sumez said:

I still has absolutely zero clue what this is about. Is it a contest? How do you win? What's "immunity"? 

But I'm in. Sign me up. 

OK, I figured I'll try to sit down and explain the game to you as best I can so you can have a better grasp as to what you're getting in to. Keep in mind that I'll be basing my explanation on my experiences with the last game, things can and will most likely be a little different this time around.

So, at the start of the game, the player base is randomly split in to two or three separate tribes. These tribes compete with one another in various (usually video game related) challenges. In the previous game, each game "phase" was divided in to three separate categories: Reward Challenges, Immunity Challenges, and Tribal Council. I'll explain these one by one.

Reward Challenges are, essentially, every tribe competes against one another to gain a reward which will give the tribe that wins it some sort of advantage or upper hand in future Immunity Challenges. The Reward Challenges are generally more varied in what they could be. They could be video game related, or they could be something a bit more creative, such as solving a puzzle or riddle, or the tribe coming together to create something.

Immunity Challenges, which usually immediately follow Reward Challenges, are the meat and bones of the game. A very simple example of an Immunity Challenge could be, say, get the highest score you possibly can in Tetris on NES. Each tribe has a certain period of time (usually a day or two) for every player to get as high of a score as they can in Tetris, and whichever tribe has the highest cumulative score wins "Immunity," meaning that tribe gets to continue on with the game and not lose any of their members, and the same goes for the tribe in second place when there's more than two tribes. Keep in mind it's not Tetris every time, Immunity Challenges can be anything, I'm just using this as a simple example.

The tribe that got the lowest total score, on the other hand, goes to Tribal Council, wherein the tribe must all debate amongst themselves which member of their own tribe they think should be voted out of the game. After a certain period of time passes, every player in that tribe has to cast their votes for who they think should be voted out, the player with the most votes gets voted out of the game, and the game continues. The other tribe(s) that won immunity can simply take a few days to relax and not have to worry about anything whilst the losing tribe takes a day or so to debate who should be voted out, so for the winning tribe(s) this is a little break from all the excitement, whereas for the losing tribe, it's a debate on who on their tribe should be voted out of the game.

In addition to all of this, there are also "survival" mechanics in play for each tribe as well. Usually these are smaller challenges that each tribe will have to address individually, rather than competitively, during the Reward Challenge and Immunity Challenge which, if not addressed, will give the tribe a penalty to their Immunity Challenge score. Last game, these survival mechanics were Food, Shelter, and Fire. Food and fire were usually simple things, like beating a certain game or achieving a score above a certain threshold in a game. Still using the Tetris example, If the tribe doesn't do this before the Immunity Challenge is over and they submit their scores, they will receive a penalty on their end cumulative score. So, if they don't secure fire before the end of the Immunity Challenge, they might get a -50,000 penalty to their overall score at the end of the Immunity Challenge. The way shelter worked last time was that it was more of a scaling thing rather than something that the tribe had done or not done like with food and fire. So, for example, let's say to get shelter, each tribe must play Pac-Man. The higher the tribe's cumulative Pac-Man score is, the better their shelter is, and the less of a penalty they'll receive on their Immunity Challenge score. So, if the tribe scores a total of 10,000 or more amongst themselves in Pac-Man, they will have a basic shelter and will get -100,000 on their Immunity Challenge score. 25,000 or more, the tribe will have a better shelter and will only receive -75,000 on their Immunity Challenge score rather than -100,000, and so on.

Still with me? Good, because we're not done yet 😛

The game will continue on like this until a certain number of players are eliminated, after which, The Merge happens. (And sometimes there's some shenanigans before The Merge like three tribes being merged in to two which throws everything outta wack but I'll gloss over that)

The Merge essentially has the same game mechanics, except now, there are no tribes. What this means is, Rewards and Immunity are given out on an individual basis, rather than to a tribe of people. In addition to this, while Tribe players cannot privately communicate with players on an enemy tribe at the start of the game, now anyone can privately communicate with anyone else. This is where the alliances, betrayals, and backstabbings really start coming in to play. Reward Challenges still happen and follow the same formula, Immunity Challenges still happen and follow the same formula, and Tribal Council still happens, except now this time, only a single player is immune from it. Every other player must discuss, either publicly, privately, or both, who they think should be voted out. Everyone casts their votes, the player with the most votes gets voted out, much to their dismay, and the game continue.

The only difference is that, once The Merge happens, everyone who is voted out joins The Jury, which I will explain here in just a bit.

The game continues like this until there are only 3 players left. Once these 3 players are all that are remaining, they each must make their case for why they think they deserve to win and be declared the Sole Survivor to The Jury, which is comprised of every single player who was voted out after The Merge took place. The Jury gets to privately discuss amongst themselves how the game is going, what they think about the events that are taking place, and who they think should win even before they arrive at The Final 3.

So, The Final 3 make their cases to The Jury, and The Jury gets to ask any questions they like to the remaining 3 contestants. Anything from why they betrayed someone to what their favorite band is. The Jury discusses amongst themselves, The Jury casts their votes, and whichever player among The Final 3 has the most votes from The Jury wins the game and is declared The Sole Survivor.

Phew... OK, I think I covered everything there. If you have any questions feel free to ask them, since I know that was quite a lot to take in and process. Also anyone else can feel free to fill in the gaps if I missed anything, although I think I covered all the essentials.

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3