IGNORED

Survivor: VGS - Fires of Redemption (Season 2) Sign-Up Thread! SIGN-UPS FULL - INQUIRE WITHIN TO BE A BACK-UP!

KokiriChild

Hello, everyone, and WELCOME to the second season of SURVIVOR on VGS - FIRES OF REDEMPTION!

We are back after a very successful first season, ready to bring you more action, more video game challenges, more deception, more drama! We have it all!  

Your strategy is up to you, yourself, and your (optional) alliance! Lie, cheat, steal, and vote out the competition. Plus, this year, there will be extra twists and turns which will push you to the absolute limit of both your social abilities and gameplay skills. Can you survive the FIRES OF REDEMPTION!? Who will become the SOLE SURVIVOR and claim the GRAND PRIZE?

This year, I will be joined by a co-host, the one and only @JeevanSOLE SURVIVOR and WINNER of the first season from last year! Plus, we have an additional, extra-special surprise for you all! This year, there is even more prize support. Not only will the Sole Survivor win something super awesome for their gaming collection, but there will be prizes for second and third place as well!!

Surivivor 2 Logo.png

FAQs

How many players can play?  We are limiting the number of players to 20. There seems to be a lot of demand, so it will be strictly a first-come, first-serve basis. If you have any interest in playing, I suggest signing up early. If we are already full, or you are unsure if you will be able to commit, you are more than welcome to sign-up as a back-up player if someone needs to drop out. Again, the entry of back-ups into the cast of players is first-come, first-served.

How do you play online Survivor?  All of the rules will be posted in the main game threads when the game begins - don't worry! The game will follow all of the traditional rules and layout of the game as seen on the popular TV show... complete with alliances, camp life, challenges, hidden immunity idols, and, of course, the dreaded Tribal Council!

Where on the forum will the game be played?  All majorly relevant threads will be posted in club specifically used for Survivor. You will need to join it in order to play.

Do I need to know about the Survivor TV show to play?  The short answer is no, but being familiar will definitely help you. If you have never seen the show, or it has been a very long time, and you want to try it out, two modern seasons that I always recommend to newcomers are Season 28 - Survivor: Cagayan, and Season 37 - Survivor: David v. Goliath

How long will the game last? The start date for the season is April 1st, 2021! The game takes just under a month and a half to play. That means the game will continue until early-to-mid-May. Please keep this in mind when signing up.

About the challenges... Yes, the challenges for Reward and Immunity will consist of a variety of video games (usually high scores), puzzles, riddles, and a whole secret surprise mixed bag o' fun! And yes, as long as save states/cheats are not used, emulators are allowed (we will pretty much be following the same rules as the "Can VGS Beat..." and Weekly Contest threads.)

Is there actually a prize for winning?  YES! It's not quite a million dollars but there will be a grand prize for the winner, as well as prizes for the 2nd and 3rd place finalists.

Sign-Ups

1.  ZeldaFreak

2.  Reed Rothchild

3.  Sumez

4.  OptOut

5.  0xDEAFC0DE

6.  Makar

7.  Bettington Bear

8.  ZeldaFan042

9.  Murray

10.  mideast

11.  Hammerfestus

12.  imabadguy1

13.  DefaultGen

14.  MagusSmurf

15.  Generic

16.  behemos

17.  ChickenTendas

18.  Jmbarnes101

19.  G-Type

20.  North

Backup Players

Edited by KokiriChild
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Events Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Sumez said:

I still has absolutely zero clue what this is about. Is it a contest? How do you win? What's "immunity"? 

But I'm in. Sign me up. 

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

Good to see ya Sumez! 

Don't worry about the game, it's easy! Stick by me and I'll see you right! 😉 

Don't listen to him, Sumez. I made that mistake last time...

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Sumez said:

I still has absolutely zero clue what this is about. Is it a contest? How do you win? What's "immunity"? 

But I'm in. Sign me up. 

You only need to know two things:

1.  Playing the games for 10+ hours each and racking up wins, @ZeldaFreak style, will only serve to get a target on your back

2.  Don't believe @OptOut 's lies

• Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Events Team · Posted
26 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You only need to know two things:

1.  Playing the games for 10+ hours each and racking up wins, @ZeldaFreak style, will only serve to get a target on your back

2.  Don't believe @OptOut 's lies

Yeah that about covers it. Be as mediocre as possible and don't trust Opt (or Makar for that matter) and you're golden, haha

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Don't worry, I've completely lost any naivety or trust I went in to the last game with, haha

Survivor involves some trust, as much as that is possible in a game like survivor but you also need to know when to tell that the tides have turned. 

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted

The two people that are the least trustworthy are already both talking about having trust 😆

I'm more of a petty revenge guy:  after I was eliminated last game I worked overtime to sink everyone who played any part in my elimination.  Because I'm spiteful like that.  AND I'LL DO IT AGAIN 😂

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1