IGNORED

New to the forum! Building my NES Collection from Scratch!

Hello! I am Amanda. I've been a life long fan of video games since the NES and Game Boy days. I've recently started re-building my NES collection from scratch, which I can finally do now that I'm in a good spot in life. I'm not aiming for anything too crazy, but my end goal is to fill up my small childhood bookshelf with boxed NES games, which can fit 63 games when they're in protectors.

My favourite NES series is Ninja Gaiden, and some of my favourite NES games are from the earliest years of first party Nintendo. Those games had these nice uniform packaging boxes with pixel art on them, and I've always loved the simplicity, charm and fun of those games. As a kid I thought those boxes looked really pretty with the multi-coloured game logos on the black background, and I've started off my new collection by going for a bunch of those early games. Though I don't intend to buy them all, there are a large amount of them that I'm after.

I plan to start a collection finds thread as soon as I can, as that section is what made me want to join this forum. I was trying to find a place where I could follow along with people as they built their collections, and no other forum I found has something quite like the one here.

I look forward to posting along with everyone else on their finds!

• Like 12

8 hours ago, AmandaCathedral said:

Hello! I am Amanda. I've been a life long fan of video games since the NES and Game Boy days. I've recently started re-building my NES collection from scratch, which I can finally do now that I'm in a good spot in life. I'm not aiming for anything too crazy, but my end goal is to fill up my small childhood bookshelf with boxed NES games, which can fit 63 games when they're in protectors.

My favourite NES series is Ninja Gaiden, and some of my favourite NES games are from the earliest years of first party Nintendo. Those games had these nice uniform packaging boxes with pixel art on them, and I've always loved the simplicity, charm and fun of those games. As a kid I thought those boxes looked really pretty with the multi-coloured game logos on the black background, and I've started off my new collection by going for a bunch of those early games. Though I don't intend to buy them all, there are a large amount of them that I'm after.

I plan to start a collection finds thread as soon as I can, as that section is what made me want to join this forum. I was trying to find a place where I could follow along with people as they built their collections, and no other forum I found has something quite like the one here.

Nice! Welcome, fellow new member. What's your favorite Ninja Gaiden game? 

2 hours ago, tigerwolf said:

Nice! Welcome, fellow new member. What's your favorite Ninja Gaiden game? 

Hello! That's a tricky question for me since all three have their ups and downs. My overall favourite is the first one, but the second and third games are great too. They all excel and falter at different things the others falter or excel at.

Edited by AmandaCathedral
Talked way too stinking much.
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
On 2/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, AmandaCathedral said:

I want to see a GIF of the empty shelf with a new photo/slide for every time you add to the shelf.  Also I feel like you are going to have a another shelf come around to hold those other great games that weren't part of your original collecting goals.  But love how you have such a clear vision for your collecting.  Not often you find something so precise when not a "full/complete" collection goal.

One of my side goal of collecting game that are cartoon based from a childhood filled with watching cartoons and playing the hell out of Tiny Toons Adventures (NES).

Anyway, welcome to the forum and glad you are here

welcome stephen colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Not really. I'm mainly aiming for my favourite ones, and a few other significant to history ones, but I'm not interested in getting all of them. Most of the sports games I don't like, nor do I like Mach Rider, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 3, Wild Gunman, and the two dumb expensive ones of Stack Up and Jr. Math. I don't think any quality of life position would make me feel it a good idea to buy those two even just cartridge only, let alone with the box.

7 hours ago, AmandaCathedral said:

Not really. I'm mainly aiming for my favourite ones, and a few other significant to history ones, but I'm not interested in getting all of them. Most of the sports games I don't like, nor do I like Mach Rider, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 3, Wild Gunman, and the two dumb expensive ones of Stack Up and Jr. Math. I don't think any quality of life position would make me feel it a good idea to buy those two even just cartridge only, let alone with the box.

This exact method of thinking is why I think I've managed to stick with this hobby for so long.  I can't even imagine what I'd be doing if I approached it any other way. Curated collections are underrated. I'm excited to see what kinda stuff you end up getting your hands on.

also welcome!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...