IGNORED

Game Debate #37: Wii Sports

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

I think 9 is a proper rating because I believe EVERYONE should play this game.  When I say everyone, I mean everyone, not just gamers.  The retirement community that my Grandmother used to live in still has Wii Sports bowling leagues every Friday.  This game can be enjoyed by anyone.  

• Like 2

I gave it a 7.  It's good almost great, but not excellent and not the best in that year either.  It's just very accessible by any group of people gamer or not, and quite fun either alone or with others.  Why?  It's easy to get into, basic entirely, and very engaging for the little that is there within the 3 choices of sport.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Never played the wii. Not a single game. I almost bought the mini red wii at the end of the consoles life span but ended up giving it a pass.

I seriously bought a used Wii a few years back just to play this and the Punch Out remake. Wii Sports Resort is a fun game too.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
30 minutes ago, BortLicensePlate said:

I thought the game was really fun and novel at the time. But honestly this one game is why the wii was so successful, its hard to knock it with that historical significance 

Weekly reminder to rate based on personal preferences and not historical significance

• Like 1

I'm hard pressed to think of any game I find to be more overrated than Wii Sports.

That being said, I get why non-gamers really enjoy it. It's such a simple idea and design that a monkey could learn how to play it.

I found it amusing for 10 minutes, and never wanted to play it again. I've gone back to it since others wanted to bust it out, but just found it to be a completely shallow experience.

Adding spin to the bowling ball felt nice though!

• Like 2

This is one of those games that deserves 2 separate ratings: one for the personal rating and one for the casual gamer rating. 

I personally found it to be more than just a gimmick, and it was a genuine LOL at parties. Obviously, it’s a rather simplistic take on various sports and I’d rate it 7/10.

If on the other hand, someone asks me to rate a game to recommend to the general casual gaming crowd, then  this would be my top 5 pick, 10/10.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
14 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Haven't played it in 10 years or more.  I liked boxing the best.  Reminds me a lot of my favorites arcade boxing game, Konami Mocap boxing. 

@Richardhead

Not gonna lie, i was hoping a speedbag would fall and bash him in the face if he got knocked out 😛