IGNORED

WATA The Indiana Collection Database?

I’d be honestly interested to know if someone is actually going for the complete set of “Indiana collection”?

Otherwise, I struggle to see how it would be any significant if owning a couple of 9.8A+ (Indiana pedigree) versus a 9.8A+ (non-pedigree)...?

In other words, who on planet Earth, really cares?

Edited by GPX
  • Like 3

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, GPX said:

I’d be honestly interested to know if someone is actually going for the complete set of “Indiana collection”?

Otherwise, I struggle to see how it would be any significant if owning a couple of 9.8A+ (Indiana pedigree) versus a 9.8A+ (non-pedigree)...?

In other words, who on planet Earth, really cares?

Zero people go for the "set" and that's part of why you'll never see it listed out anywhere properly. It's "oh I have this SPECIAL copy, it came from blah he blah...". It's adding a story to your shit cuz you don't have interesting stories of your own cuz you just bought it at auction for way too much money. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DirtyDeets said:

Only folks who have access to Wata’s population database is through the relationships with board members (i.e. dentist dude dropping mad coin on big titles off key members) or Heritage Auctions who has a vested interest / partnership with WATA behind the scenes. 

Rest of us normal joes are unfortunately out of luck and that “coming soon” mobile app thing is comparable to VGA’s “database lookup” from back in the day. 10 years later and waiting  ;). 

Never understood why the “secrecy” behind population stats in this hobby.  Can only assume its to protect value of certain titles in ownership that most others don’t have. Appearance or assumption of low population = higher purchase values (i.e. “sales” on HA). 

Well yeah, that's exactly what it's about. Keep the "rare" items "rare", keeps the value up.

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

Zero people go for the "set" and that's part of why you'll never see it listed out anywhere properly. It's "oh I have this SPECIAL copy, it came from blah he blah...". It's adding a story to your shit cuz you don't have interesting stories of your own cuz you just bought it at auction for way too much money. 

Hear me out homie,

you aint nuthin’ until you got a degree.

Try new adventures and play da Wii,

and at least own one graded pedigree!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The indiana pedigree is the first video game collection i would accept as a legitimate in line with what the term implies in other mediums. It'd be interesting to know what titles were in there- potential for some big surprises.

That guy who originally purchased that sticker sealed smb and kept it forever wouldve been another candidate with his games but that ship sailed before grading games was an option.

The carolina collection thing was insulting although i dont know who gets the ultimate blame for that. Are those games labeled as such by wata?

• Thanks 1