IGNORED

Which is worse, totes or double stacked?

fcgamer

Which is worse, totes or double stacked?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse, totes or double stacked?

• Totes
    • Double-stacked

Some of us may have the problem, too many games, not enough space. So some choices are double-stacking items on the shelf, i.e. a row of stuff and then a row behind it. If you have deep shelves, generally you can fit two rows.

Then there's the alternative of just putting everything in totes, and putting it wherever, in the corner, in storage, etc.

So which do you think is worse, and why?

I'll vote for totes as the better way to go.  I can't possibly have everything setup or on display at once, so I rotate systems in and out.  If I want to play TG16, I grab that tote and spend 15 minutes setting it up.  Wanna switch to the Jaguar? Put the Turbografx back in its tote and grab the Jag tote. And so on.

• Like 1

Totes that can fit on the shelves would be great. It's like having drawers of games.

Double stacking will get old really fast if you play the games in back enough, and if you don't, how is it any better than storing them elsewhere? You're blocking them from display by the games in front. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

IMG20190916122453.thumb.jpg.e1cb4cd50fd06b16232d7343c7487b0b.jpg

Tubs are the thinking man's tote! 😉

I do like this but I think it defeats the purpose for me. When I double stack my games I put the filler in the back and the games I love in the front. This at least enables me to see the games I like, putting them in tubs like this I wouldn’t be able to see my favorite games and enjoy why I collect. 

Obviously that is all my opinion based on why I collect so to each his own. Either way a good solution for some

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I do like this but I think it defeats the purpose for me. When I double stack my games I put the filler in the back and the games I love in the front. This at least enables me to see the games I like, putting them in tubs like this I wouldn’t be able to see my favorite games and enjoy why I collect.

That would work if you had a 50-50 split between favorites and filler, but I don't think most people are like that. But it definitely is a to each their own.

9 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

That would work if you had a 50-50 split between favorites and filler, but I don't think most people are like that. But it definitely is a to each their own.

I’ve only got one shelf that requires the double stack method and it’s pretty much all PS2 and Xbox 360 when I was collecting it awhile ago. I will admit that there is some filler in the front as well but you get the idea. I guess for me I’d rather be able to at least see some of the games that I spent my wife’s hard earned money on 😂

• Like 1