IGNORED

Tie Dyed Thread

drxandy

20200706_071835.thumb.jpg.0c5f14e4801274c85e7d10e5e6f11530.jpg20200706_071934.thumb.jpg.37be40c47d19cce9eab17051f6aae5e8.jpg

Anyone else into tie dye? 

I've been dyin' for a few years now, always looking to try new techniques and play around. I was previously posting work in my collection pickup thread but made this thread to separate the two. My favorite is usually ice dying.

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/1010-drxandys-pickups-of-the-week/page/5/#comments for the old stuff.

This weekend's adventure is in snow dying! 

spacer.png

We have been blessed with a bit of fresh snow, at least an inch or two. I've been meaning to try snow dying; perfect timing. 

Here's this weekends batch. A variety of 9 items, all pre soaked in soda ash solution and hung till barely damp.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This time around I went with dye directly on the garments, then topped with snow. The buckets are muck dyed as well (which is just leaving them to do their thing and soak up all the residual dye).

spacer.png

My snow babies.

Right now they're finishing up, will report back in the next few days with the results.

• Like 4

Man, I like that vintage WDW t-shirt. When I was in late high school/early college, I think 75% of all of my shirts were tie dye.  I haven't worn tie dye since I wore out my last shirt.  Nothing against it, and I do like it, but for me it was a phase that was gone, and I tend to not double-back to "phases" of personal style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RH said:

Man, I like that vintage WDW t-shirt. When I was in late high school/early college, I think 75% of all of my shirts were tie dye.  I haven't worn tie dye since I wore out my last shirt.  Nothing against it, and I do like it, but for me it was a phase that was gone, and I tend to not double-back to "phases" of personal style.

I get it, I honestly never was into it until doing it on my birthday like 5 years ago and then it was onnnnn. I love loud colors. The disney shirt was a thrift find after we came back from visiting and I was super stoked to dye it, it's a little big for me though (3x).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...