IGNORED

The Not So Chubby Cherub Challenge!!!!

Jeevan

11 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

It's not really that bad is it?  I enjoyed what i played, granted i had no stipulations.........

Dare I say to you all git gud!!!!  😛  

With this selection, you have officially dethroned @BeaIankas the cruel and punishing mod when it comes to game selection. Karate champ > chubby cherub and she was merciful enough to let us play for high score. I cant think of a contest game where people complained more than that one this year.

All that said, I just started playing ths game. If you know my patterns and practices, I generally hate every new game each week at the outset. Fast forward to Sunday and Im declaring it amongst the greatest games in the library. So dont beat yourself up too much. 🙂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Also, I could be mistaken, but you don't have to go through a dungeon to beat the game................

You don't have to, but it doesn't cost a life or progress when you fall down there, so it's horribly demoralizing if you can't get out. I've figured out a pretty good strategy for escaping, but it's certainly worth contemplating a reset if you do fall.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
40 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Maybe its more fun if you arent playing for low score? Pretty slow and boring thus far. I have a pretty wide strike zone for what I consider fun on NES. Ive really enjoyed a week plus of futile attempts at side pocket where most people in my position would want to set their nes on fire after losing so many times. These two carts are sitting next to each other and side pocket is still the more appealing of the two. 

As far as difficulty, you apparently have not found the level 3 dungeon refrenced in this thread. It is maddening. 

There's a dungeon? Why would you go into a dungeon on a low-score run? I am clearly missing something lol. 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

You don't have to, but it doesn't cost a life or progress when you fall down there, so it's horribly demoralizing if you can't get out. I've figured out a pretty good strategy for escaping, but it's certainly worth contemplating a reset if you do fall.

How is anyone falling at all? You fly the whole game lmao.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 2/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, DoctorEncore said:

If you die at the stage 3 boss, the respawn point is on a ledge. So if you're holding right and not paying attention, you will fall and end up in the dungeon.

I cant believe you found a way out of there. I played around looking for a path up using the invisible raises in the floor. Yeah, no, its an easy reset if you get caught down there. 

Here is a score for now so @Glovesdoesnt get too cocky. 

Stage 10- 44,270

20210213_163625.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, NESfiend said:

I cant believe you found a way out of there. I played around looking for a path up using the invisible raises in the floor. Yeah, no, its an easy reset if you get caught down there. 

Here is a score for now so @Glovesdoesnt get too cocky. 

Level 5 - 19,020

20210211_123318.thumb.jpg.e768d0176e1c15c232ebd199efd5b673.jpg

Don't make me turn on my NES again bro, I'm playing Diddy Kong Racing.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, scaryice said:

The game loops after stage 12, so according to the rules, it seems like you would have to stop there.

Good call, I was looking at the rules on Speedrun.com and they wrote it loops after Stage 16 by mistake. But looking at the video you're right it's after 12.

2bmmRgd.png

Edited by mideast