IGNORED

Legend of Zelda appreciation thread

Tulpa

Zelda!  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which Legend of Zelda game is your favorite?

• The Legend of Zelda
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    • A Link to the Past
    • Link's Awakening
    • Ocarina of Time
    • Majora's Mask
    • Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
    • Four Swords
    • The Wind Waker
    • Four Swords Adventures
    • The Minish Cap
    • Twilight Princess
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks
    • Skyward Sword
    • A Link Between Worlds
    • Tri Force Heroes
    • Breath of the Wild

When I was really little I used to play the original Zelda on nes at my cousins' house. Me and my brother always would enter Zelda as the name for our save game not knowing that was starting us on the 2nd quest. Later I played Ocarina of Time when it came out. When I beat the first temple I thought I'd beat the game. When I got out of the woods into Hyrule Field for the first time it blew my mind. I used to stay up late at night just reading the instruction manual for that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NEET.dreams said:

When I was really little I used to play the original Zelda on nes at my cousins' house. Me and my brother always would enter Zelda as the name for our save game not knowing that was starting us on the 2nd quest. Later I played Ocarina of Time when it came out. When I beat the first temple I thought I'd beat the game. When I got out of the woods into Hyrule Field for the first time it blew my mind. I used to stay up late at night just reading the instruction manual for that one. 

That is quite hilarious, did you manage to ever beat the second quest as a kid?

I can relate to the feelings of playing Ocarina of Time back when it came out. I had no reference for how long or big such a game should be. So when I beat The Deku Tree I was almost sure the quest was nearing an end. And like you said, stepping out unto Hyrule Field really gave me goosebumps of excitement for what lied ahead. Then I had the exact same feeling again when exiting the Temple of Time after the first three child dungeons, just to discover that you aren't even halfway finished yet!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ifightdragons said:

That is quite hilarious, did you manage to ever beat the second quest as a kid?

Nah. I was so young at the time I'm not sure if I even understood the concept of beating a game yet. I'd just wander around for a bit, kill a few octoroks then get bored and pop in Super Mario Bros. or Rambo or whatever other games my cousins had. 

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Little fun bit of info.  When i was a kid, i played the heck outta first zelda.......A friend of mine asked me a question and I explained it to him, didn't understand what i meant.....I think it was about burning stuff with candles........So i asked my mom if i could go to his house after school.  We were in 3rd or 4th grade I think, and by george it was friggin hilarious to see his face when I burnt down the first tree/bush.  He had no clue.

• Like 1