thunder lightning

twin cobra

vice project doom

xevious

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Win a chip? Wtf does that mean? Also, are you currently holding a broken Styrofoam cup and using it as a spoon? Best post of 2020

“Ode to a piece of styrofoam found in my lunchbox”

F8167012-4350-4595-99D7-18A3E6CF4E70.jpeg.df5e0e474c2725ed2421dff8da5988d0.jpegC3FB30C6-9ED3-4943-A7B9-959C8FA9E38B.jpeg.6321fa2ec260021257859af7fa4d8e6c.jpeg

Edited by Murray
Ball Street Kid for season Opener!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Murray said:

“Ode to a piece of styrofoam found in my lunchbox”

F8167012-4350-4595-99D7-18A3E6CF4E70.jpeg.df5e0e474c2725ed2421dff8da5988d0.jpegC3FB30C6-9ED3-4943-A7B9-959C8FA9E38B.jpeg.6321fa2ec260021257859af7fa4d8e6c.jpeg

I didnt remember that it also includes a blue mountain dew. I love mountain dew. And blue shit. Candy, slurpies, gatorade. If there is a blue option, Im usually down. I dont think I could take a drink of blue mountain dew. 

• Haha 1

What do you get when you cross David Lynch w/Purple Drank?

... The bulk of the last 6 posts on this thread, apparently.

It's 2021 and its official: Nothing is required to make sense, Ever. 

No explanation necessary.

Maybe I just forgot to read it backwards...

Edited by PII
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I didnt remember that it also includes a blue mountain dew. I love mountain dew. And blue shit. Candy, slurpies, gatorade. If there is a blue option, Im usually down. I dont think I could take a drink of blue mountain dew. 

its "sharkberry" and you would absolutley drink some

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

We could do something like playing for progress this time around.

That would either be boring and take too long to play or would have people abusing warps.
It would require some very distinct set of rules like "Highest score in the first 5 stages" or something like that.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 1/28/2021 at 11:52 PM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I've been meaning to get into Dr. Mario, so that would be a fun one.

I played Battle Tank for the completion thread and enjoyed it. It's a bit on the long side (1.5 hours) but has a scoring system. It might make for a more diverse pick that we've never done before.

Lastly might as well suggest The Legend of Zelda scored in the style of Reed's ALttP competition. It looks like we've never done Zelda before, probably because there's no scoring system. Reed solved it by going Progression > Low deaths > Low hearts > etc. I imagine Zelda 1 could be scored similarly as Dungeons completed > Low deaths > Low hearts > etc. Where etc. could be specific (like Low sword upgrades > Low ring upgrades > Low weapons) or more generic (Low items and upgrades). Also there probably needs to be a ruling on whether retrying is allowed as it won't increase the death counter.

I looked up the Low% speedrun rules and they ban Heart containers, Letter, Blue Potion, Red Potion, Bomb Upgrades, White Sword, Magic Sword, Blue Ring, Red Ring, Power Bracelet, Magic Shield, Wooden Boomerang, Magic Boomerang, Wand, Red Candle, Book/Bible, Magic Key. This leaves Sword, Raft, Stepladder, Bow, Arrow, Silver Arrow, Blue Candle, Recorder, Food as the required items. Plus the Power Bracelet is required if we are doing second quest.

This would be a hit imo.  But I've only played through LoZ once.  I assume a week is enough time.

9 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Do they still make that? Im curious enough at this point to make a bad decision 

It looks like it's a Walmart exclusive. I wouldn't mind trying it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-pack-Mtn-Dew-Frost-Bite-16-9-oz-Bottles-6-Count/744878517?athcpid=744878517&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=15708f04-007-17788ea0884d43&athancid=null&athena=true

19 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Do they still make that? Im curious enough at this point to make a bad decision 

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

my bad "frost bite"