IGNORED

Game Night 2/6/2021 Poll!!!!

Jeevan

Game Night 2/6/2021  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do we wanna play?

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, lots of battle mode and teams????
    • Jack Box, I own them all. (Will do a poll to what we wanna play, or will take suggestions if this wins!)
    • Power Bomberman (bomberman battle with up to 12 per lobby)
    • Tetris 99
    • Sector's Edge (New fps gloves recommended)
    • Quake through browser!
  2. 2. What is your second choice if we get bored? Basically this is the second game we will play if we so choose!!!!!

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Jack Box
    • Power Bomberman
    • Sector's edge
    • Among Us, who are we kidding we will play this I'm sure
    • Quake through browser
    • Tetris 99
    • Dominating 12 *smirk*

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2021 at 11:00 AM

Events Helper · Posted
24 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Well yeah, like I said I'm not completely opposed to it, and like I said I hadn't tried it so people should take my criticisms with a grain of salt, I'm just not entirely convinced yet based on what I've heard about it. Maybe I'll hop on this game night ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶦˢ ᶦᶠ ʷᵉ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ˢʷᶦᵗᶜʰ ᵍᵃᵐᵉˢ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ and try it out.

Can you not draw a penis?

that is the only thing you have to do to win jack box 🤣

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

HE'S GOT YOU AAAAAALL FIGURED OUT!

lol, apparently not.  In outside conversation (On @Jeevan's Minecraft server, check it out [plug, plug]), it appears that folks thought I was saying chat was being relocated so VGS could pull a Dain?  Totally not the case of what I was saying.

I appear to have misunderstood the below quote (and re-reading it, yeah, apparently read it too fast):

23 hours ago, Jeevan said:

So, the real reason we are trying out gather is for a few things:

1)  It is a "private" area for vgs in general.  We can host a whole "host", sorry, i had to, of things from game night, to brew talk, other events, etc.

When I ran through that post, I took it to mean that the Gather server was being hosted on VGS owned/rented hardware.  As such, VGS would control/own/whatever all content coming through it.  Since Gloves and the vast majority of the old NA staff came here specifically to prevent the type of wholesale data piracy through technicality that happened on NA, in the back of my mind I saw this as folks maybe wanting to move chat from a server they didn't own or have complete control of to one that did, protecting whatever super secret info folks felt like talking about, specifically preventing another GoCollect incident.

No real tinfoil hat here, just a couple of misinterpretations, the first by me.  Sorry for any confusion, folks.  If you can follow/accept my above clarification, I basically believed (and still do) that all the VGS staff had/have all our best interests at heart and might have been switching stuff to a more secure/privately owned setup in order to further the protection of everybody's data that they're already striving to provide.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
21 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

lol, apparently not.  In outside conversation (On @Jeevan's Minecraft server, check it out [plug, plug]), it appears that folks thought I was saying chat was being relocated so VGS could pull a Dain?  Totally not the case of what I was saying.

I can't speak for others, but I can say that's not what I personally thought you were saying, I understood what you were trying to say and I still thought it was quite a reach, haha.

I actually enjoyed Gather, and prefer it to Discord. I did not want to make a Discord account. It was a huge turn off when I was thinking about joining game night, but eventually I ended up sucking it up and making one. After I made one, I used the browser to access Discord, which sucked. Voice chat was constantly stuttering or straight up not working. I could not understand anything that anybody said. I did not want to download the desktop application for Discord, but I ended up having to in order to use the account that I didn't want in the first place in order to participate in game night. Gather is incredibly easy to use and circumvents all of these issues. I only use my Discord account for game night (and Werewolf once), so it's kind of a waste of space on my computer.

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, ZeldaFan042 said:

I actually enjoyed Gather, and prefer it to Discord. I did not want to make a Discord account. It was a huge turn off when I was thinking about joining game night, but eventually I ended up sucking it up and making one. After I made one, I used the browser to access Discord, which sucked. Voice chat was constantly stuttering or straight up not working. I could not understand anything that anybody said. I did not want to download the desktop application for Discord, but I ended up having to in order to use the account that I didn't want in the first place in order to participate in game night. Gather is incredibly easy to use and circumvents all of these issues. I only use my Discord account for game night (and Werewolf once), so it's kind of a waste of space on my computer.

That is good to know.  

I think we will try gather one more time, maybe you folks can give it one more shot?  I hope this isn't a turn off for anybody.  I think with some of the things we can do with it people will eventually kind of migrate to at least tolerating it.......maybe, hopefully 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Ok so here's my problem with gather, and why it will probably reduce the amount of game nights I participate in:  Just the lack of any kind of PTT feature.  I have a baby and I live in a Japanese apartment.  Which means if you guys like hearing babies whining and crying, invite Rooster to game night.  Otherwise I'll probably just have to wait until you guys are hosting a night with the discord instead, so I don't subject you all to constant noise and crying other than the crying I do when some degenerate shoots me with a red turtle shell.

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Rooster said:

Ok so here's my problem with gather, and why it will probably reduce the amount of game nights I participate in:  Just the lack of any kind of PTT feature.  I have a baby and I live in a Japanese apartment.  Which means if you guys like hearing babies whining and crying, invite Rooster to game night.  Otherwise I'll probably just have to wait until you guys are hosting a night with the discord instead, so I don't subject you all to constant noise and crying other than the crying I do when some degenerate shoots me with a red turtle shell.

I mean, i personally don't care.......We have had children interupt before, not that big a deal.  Also, um code yellow.  2x's and not your code yellow.......so some people don't care either 🤣

9 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I mean, i personally don't care.......We have had children interupt before, not that big a deal.  Also, um code yellow.  2x's and not your code yellow.......so some people don't care either 🤣

If people really don't care then I have no true preference between discord or gather, and you'll see me Sunday.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked