IGNORED

Let's close this one.

fcgamer

Very cool lot of items here. I may be interested in some of the Famicom carts, but I’m not super familiar with the bootleg scene. Are they just unlicensed versions of Japanese release? For example, is B65-Ninja Cats an exact copy of Ninden Teyandee, or are there differences? I’m also interested in B61-Altered Beast if you have any relevant info on that one.

Forgive my ignorance here, all of my FC carts are licensed.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 11:16 AM, pacowles said:

Very cool lot of items here. I may be interested in some of the Famicom carts, but I’m not super familiar with the bootleg scene. Are they just unlicensed versions of Japanese release? For example, is B65-Ninja Cats an exact copy of Ninden Teyandee, or are there differences? I’m also interested in B61-Altered Beast if you have any relevant info on that one.

Forgive my ignorance here, all of my FC carts are licensed.

Hi, thanks for the interest!

Some of the games are originals, and others are copies of the Japanese games.

So to take your example, yes, Ninja Cats is an exact copy of ninden teyandee. Some of the games will have the copyrights removed, but others are identical. I'll check the two games you mentioned when I finish work tonight, to let you know specifically on these two.

Back in the late eighties and early to mid 90s, Taiwanense were pretty poor, so many couldn't afford to purchase the original Japanese cartridges that were being imported into the country. So local companies would make their own copies and sell them, and these same carts would also be sold globally in other regions such as central / eastern Europe, South America, etc., again because people couldn't afford the originals, yet everyone loves games.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the additional context! Let me know of anything noteworthy you see when you check the two games out, and no rush from my side.

From your experience, how is the physical quality of the bootleg carts? Do they tend to have the same useful life as normal FC carts, or are they prone to failure? Are they made in Taiwan or elsewhere? Also, is there any risk of them damaging consoles? I assume not, but I’m super ignorant of this type of game. 

If you have a chance, I’d also be interested in more detailed photos of the two games I mentioned, including the back of the carts. Thanks!

2/7 EDIT: I’m also interested in NES24 Snow Bros if you have any details or additional photos for that one.

Edited by pacowles

• The title was changed to fcgamer's corner shop - items for Famicom, Sega Mega Drive, NGPC, Game King, Game Boy, etc (updated 2/16/2021)
6 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

What else is on that Ninja Turtles cartridge? I'm kind of interested in it, as well as King Kong 2 and that MC21 64 in 1 cartridge.

Thanks for the interest! I don't remember off hand the other games on the TMNT cartridge, I'll check when I get off work and let you know. Thanks 🙂

• The title was changed to Let's close this one.