IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

7 hours ago, Estil said:

I bet the Pride of the Yankees must be spinning in his grave right now (pardon the cliche).  Seriously what is so wrong with having a marching band?  All these radical leftist/SJW types do is ruin everyone's fun 😞 

Did you miss the part where they admitted to “sexual misconduct, assault, theft, racism and injury to individuals"?

On 9/16/2020 at 12:27 PM, avatar! said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/15/nyregion/columbia-marching-band-shutdown.html

I wonder how common this is across universities? 

I suspect it is pretty widespread.  I know at my college the marching band was known for partying harder than any of the fraternities, and got away with hazing in an era when fraternities were being shut down and people being expelled for the slightest implication of it.

41 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I suspect it is pretty widespread.  I know at my college the marching band was known for partying harder than any of the fraternities, and got away with hazing in an era when fraternities were being shut down and people being expelled for the slightest implication of it.

I think you're absolutely right. This is probably something that should have been tackled a long time ago but somehow slipped under the radar. I also suspect the disbanding of the Columbia marching band was at least partly to cover-up wrongdoings. 

Screenshot from 2020-09-23 14-57-54.png

21 minutes ago, Estil said:

They can't just punish the individuals responsible and hold auditions for replacements or something?

That often doesn't solve the problem of an environment that fosters it. Often people that escaped punishment will start up the problems again.

It sucks, but all this needs to be eliminated:

“sexual misconduct, assault, theft, racism and injury to individuals"

Sorry for not having a marching band, but not allowing those awful things is more important.

• Like 1

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cursing-parrots-lincolnshire-wildlife-park_n_5f73a420c5b6374c5585beeb

During their time together, the birds shared the ability to curse up a storm, something they engaged in quite often, according to Steve Nichols, the park’s CEO. “I get called a fat t**t every time I walk past,” Nichols told CNN.

Screenshot from 2020-10-01 09-16-01.png

As bad as your day may go at times, remember you'll never a failure like 32 year old Christopher Hendrix.  

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article246237190.html

fled a crash he was involved in at about 7:45 a.m. on Interstate 4...The woman who was pumping gas sprayed Hendrix from the hose, scaring him away from her car...The suspect then jumped into another victim’s Town and Country minivan...That victim, a concealed weapons permit holder, drew his handgun and pointed it at the suspect...Hendrix again took off running, police say... Hendrix attempted to get into the back seat of the latest car. But the doors were locked...Hendrix then ran across I-4 to the other shoulder, and hopped into the passenger seat of a red Chevy Equinox whose driver had also stopped to help. That quick thinking driver took the keys out of his ignition and jumped out of the car...Polk County deputies who had just responded to the rear-end crash were able to snag the suspect at the scene. When placed into the back of a patrol car, Hendrix reportedly kicked out the rear window and attempted to escape, but again failed.

Screenshot from 2020-10-05 18-10-20.png

• Haha 1

https://news.yahoo.com/11-old-steals-school-bus-150644207.html

“As he got closer and closer and closer, I saw it’s a little boy in there and he was laughing,“ Gradney told the news station. “He was like giggling on the way across Florida Boulevard as he goes right past me. I’m like I can’t believe it’s a little boy.”...The child is now charged with theft of a motor vehicle, aggravated flight, aggravated damage to property and aggravated assault, according to police.

Screenshot from 2020-10-13 10-42-24.png

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sunfish-massachusetts-911_n_5f875826c5b6c5eccffcf2da

We are aware of a sunfish in Broad Cove. We have checked on it, and it is doing normal sunfish activities. Its swimming. It is not stranded or suffering. The sunfish is FINE.

Dont be jealous just because its not swimming weather anymore!

PLEASE STOP CALLING THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ABOUT THIS SUNFISH!!

Screenshot from 2020-10-15 14-00-11.png

18 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Heh, now don't say that fate doesn't have a sense of humor! 

Twenty minutes after a "homeless Jesus" sculpture was installed on the grounds of St. Barnabas Episcopal Church in Bay Village, someone called the cops. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/us/jetpack-guy-back-lax-trnd/index.html

An unidentified man was seen flying in a jetpack near the Los Angeles International Airport ... again.

The man was spotted by a flight crew around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday, the Federal Aviation Administration confirmed to CNN.
"A China Airlines crew reported seeing what appeared to be someone in a jet pack at an approximate altitude of 6,000 feet, about seven miles northwest of Los Angeles International Airport," the FAA said in a statement.
The FAA said it alerted local law enforcement agencies and are investigating the report.
Similar sightings of a man in a jetpack near LAX were reported to the FAA in September.

How to make ends meet when the cost of apartments goes through the roof:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-found-living-rafters-nevada-205715877.html

When I was working at a college in Denver a student hid in the fly loft of the theater for several weeks one summer. He had found an out of sight alcove and set it up with a mattress and strung an extension cord to it. He would sneak out at night and wash up in the rest rooms.  

Edited by Tabonga

20 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Trophy hunters are shit. People that kill defenseless animals are evil shit. Let's get rid of shit from this world.

https://nywolf.org/2020/10/hunters-kill-336-black-bears-for-trophy-in-new-jersey-bear-hunt-to-re-open-in-december/

bear.jpg

I’ve always been told that Hunting bears in NJ is a good thing.

They are an apex predator so if their populations grow too large then they would eat through the Deer population.

I think there’s something like a 50% increase in population over the past couple years which is nuts for an animal population.

Also, NJ is the most densely populated state in the US with very few remaining bastions of nature for them to do bear stuff. so having too many bears is a bad thing to begin with in a state like NJ....this isn’t exactly a state known for wide open spaces.

Disclaimer: Hunting bear (or any other intelligent animal) for sport goes against my personal belief that animals that are killed should only ever be killed for food, human safety, or population control. I would prefer it be handled by Park Rangers than your every day hunter, but people like hunting and it gets the job done I guess.

5 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I’ve always been told that Hunting bears in NJ is a good thing.

They are an apex predator so if their populations grow too large then they would eat through the Deer population.

I think there’s something like a 50% increase in population over the past couple years which is nuts for an animal population.

Also, NJ is the most densely populated state in the US with very few remaining bastions of nature for them to do bear stuff. so having too many bears is a bad thing to begin with in a state like NJ....this isn’t exactly a state known for wide open spaces.

Disclaimer: Hunting bear (or any other intelligent animal) for sport goes against my personal belief that animals that are killed should only ever be killed for food, human safety, or population control. I would prefer it be handled by Park Rangers than your every day hunter, but people like hunting and it gets the job done I guess.

As always, the problem is humans. Too many damn humans. I've never understood how humans can even try to claim they have any real compassion or understanding, when they think it's okay to destroy natural habitation, kill off species, and then decide to what extent any species OTHER than humans remains in check. We're a shite species. If I could I would arm the bears and let them take back their territory...

• Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...

Karma sometimes moves quickly:

https://www.drewreportsnews.com/2020/10/29/giovanni-barajas-fatally-took-the-life-of-michelle-weissman-before-losing-his-own/

While I do feel sorry for the bicyclist in this case I think the main perpetrator got what he deserved - hopefully the driver will face some serious time for this sad situation.