IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

1 minute ago, Tabonga said:

For what it is worth I grew up in Eden Prairie in Minnesota.

One odd thing about Fargo is that just about everyone I know who has moved from Minnesota finds the movie to be hysterical whilst those who still live there don't see the humor - don't cha know!

So are you a fan of the TV series and movie?  The movie probably falls into my top ten all time favorites, and the TV series is one of my favorites as well.  I tried to start a Fargo discussion thread back on NA after the first season, but I couldn't' get anyone to join in on the discussion unfortunately.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

So are you a fan of the TV series and movie?  The movie probably falls into my top ten all time favorites, and the TV series is one of my favorites as well.  I tried to start a Fargo discussion thread back on NA after the first season, but I couldn't' get anyone to join in on the discussion unfortunately.  

Yumpin' Yimminy Ya!!!

The movie and series seem to be one of those deals where one either really likes them or is basically indifferent to them.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, avatar! said:

Some people are just evil.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/disturbing-video-shows-random-attack-hydrant-head-smash-of-92-year-old-woman-in-manhattan/2466659/

Screenshot from 2020-06-16 21-27-02.png

A senior law enforcement official tells News 4 Brimmage is a recidivist with 100 prior arrests who has gotten a desk appearance ticket for his most recent ones because of bail reform...He’s been arrested three times since February for alleged assaults. On March 9, he allegedly punched a 29-year-old man in an unprovoked attack at a pizza shop in Manhattan. A few weeks before that, Brimmage allegedly punched a 39-year-old female at a Dunkin’ Donuts in the Bronx. On Feb. 4 he allegedly punched a 39-year-old man in the face at that same Dunkin' Donuts. In the latter two cases, he received desk appearance tickets. Brimmage is currently a suspect in a grand larceny that happened on Feb.19 at the 116th St. train station in which a woman had $120 stolen from her purse, the senior law enforcement official said. He's also a transit sex crime recidivist.

This is just utter bull-SHIT. 100 prior arrests, violent person, needs mental assistance and a danger to society - and just roaming the streets. Oh, and what the hell is a desk appearance ticket?? Apparently a NYC thing 😕

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desk_appearance_ticket

Well, sure appears to be working well in this case, eh. I wonder how many other recidivists have numerous desk tickets and couldn't care less...

Here is another one for the file of worthless pieces of dog flops:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elderly-woman-choked-robbed-thief-150739514.html 

I bet if they catch this dirtbag he will have a record of this type of crap.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article243907452.html

Screenshot from 2020-07-02 10-08-09.png

Cote told police he “noticed Hanson was still moving and shot him in the head a second time.” Cote then called 911 to report he’d killed them with a shotgun, KSNV reported. When police later asked Cote why he didn’t take his daughter inside and call 911 before resorting to gunfire, he told them “words to the effect of ‘not tonight,’” KLAS reported. Cote also told police he opened fire because he “was in fear,” but no weapons were found on Olivo or Hanson...Cote, who is married and has three children, was arrested on suspicion of murder, KVVU reported.

Yup, he's kinda suspicious... oh,and definitely a "man of God... in his own eyes, hope he burns" 😕 

Edited by avatar!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roblox-app-game-daughter-dad-debit-card-180302646.html

Steve Cumming, 72, permitted his daughter to spend £4.99 on the Roblox game on 16 April but when he checked his internet banking recently he found thousands of pounds had been used.

The father said his daughter was confused and thought she was using monopoly money instead of real cash on his debit card.

Cumming has now slammed the makers of the game and accused them of trapping youngsters.

Roblox has since agreed to refund Cumming the money after he contacted BBC Radio 2's The Jeremy Vine Show.

Screenshot from 2020-07-04 20-41-31.png

It is true that birds of a feather flock together!

According to the Newberg-Dundee Police Department, officers responded to a report of a stolen Toyota Land Cruiser and located the vehicle shortly after it was reported stolen. The suspect was driving it through town. Police tried to stop the driver, but the driver fled officers through downtown Newberg and crashed the Land Cruiser into a Buick Regal near East Franklin and College Street. Officers took the driver of the Land Cruiser into custody and then realized the Buick Regal was also a vehicle that had been reported stolen in a separate incident three weeks prior. Police said the driver of the stolen Buick was under the influence of intoxicants  and they arrested her as well. 

3 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Seriously. She should be tried for treason and if found guilty life in jail or executed. Consider all the lives she could have jeopardized by placing top secret info into the hands of an enemy (Russia). 

Just now, avatar! said:

Seriously. She should be tried for treason and if found guilty life in jail or executed. Consider all the lives she could have jeopardized by placing top secret info into the hands of an enemy (Russia). 

Have a feeling this will end up as a new case study for clearance reviews, since someone who is divorced and doesn't have primary custody of their kids is pretty clearly "at risk", just like the financial issues they tend to look into.

From what I can tell from this and another 2 articles while she had drafted a letter on her computer explaining her hoped for arrangement she hadn't sent it - she was apparently going to do this  in Mexico (and arrange with the Russians to move her stash of physical materials from the US to Russia).

I kinda doubt the Russians would do this unless what she had was pretty valuable - and just because something is classified top secret doesn't mean it actually is - materials tend to be given blanket designations on a better safe than sorry approach. Mrs.Tobanga while a state employee had a case where she was dealing with classified federal materials and was lectured/threatened  on the severe legal consequences for her if she left materials unsecured if she left as briefly to just get a drink of water.  (Not to open a can of worms but this was the same law that Hillary should have been pursued under vis a vis her email imbraglio.)  Much of what she handled was pretty routine and likely wasn't really worthy of being labeled top secret.

It also looks like the last time she actually worked in a position to gather material was in 2012*.  So the value of much of what she had might have been pretty diminished.   And apparently she had been stashing materials since 2009 - since the kid is only six years old she apparently had been scheming something else and modified her plans in order to kidnap the kid.

*None of the articles I read makes it clear what she has been doing since then - I am just guessing she no longer had access to stuff after that.

Edited by Tabonga

https://www.newsflare.com/video/370320/divers-retrieve-dozens-of-electric-scooters-from-sea-near-thessaloniki-greece

Divers in Thessaloniki are seen retrieving dozens of electric scooters that have been thrown into the sea by locals...The electric scooters pose a harmful threat for the local sea life as the batteries and electric parts dissolve and pass into the food chain. According to reports, the same issue has occurred in parts of North America and France with locals dumping the electric scooters in bodies of water.

Why are people so pathetic?? 😕 

Screenshot from 2020-07-31 22-44-39.png