IGNORED

Finally unpacked what's left of my collection!

GharetSaiDe

After a cross country move almost 9 years ago my collection stayed boxed up, and another move a year later had me (regrettably) selling off some of my NES carts and left the NintendoAge community. I've finally just unpacked what's left and found room for most of it to put on display, so I am diving back into collecting! This is what I have for display so far since I only have the one wall and a closet to start but really like how the shelves are working out for me 🙂

There are about 2 more shelves of games added since I took the pic and some rearranging. I have a huge lot coming next week and looking forward to updating with progress as I fill out the shelves!

20210119_093621.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Yeah, but it's no Vibrant Mullet!

full.jpg

What...haha.

The Mario shampoo is something I had bought an ad for like 10 years ago and meant to get bottles for and only just finally got a couple weeks ago. Hoping to find the other 2 styles someday but marion and peach are more abundant. I do have an extra Mario one if somebody is interested in one for their collection 🙂 Like the cereal box it was funny how stumbling across these reminded me of all the mario stuff I loved as a kid. There was nothing like eating rhe Nintendo cereal while watching Mario Bros/Zelda cartoon on TV (with Friday being special of course because that was when Zelda played!

The painted NES was commissioned from a guy on NintendoAge many years ago and is for sure not favorite and most unique part of the collection. It was done with such high quality 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update on collection growth, mostly NES carts towards my full set but picked up some other fun things and a really well priced (by today standards) N64 lot. Looking a lot better with the shelves filling out! Starting putting boxes, plastic, etc around a lot of stuff for extra protection too

I had to take my genesis games off the shelves because I'm running out of space already, so I'm going to have to build something to expand into 🙂

20210323_131915.jpg

20210323_131934.jpg

20210323_131940.jpg

20210323_131903.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

I like that gold N64...and that there's a collector's edition copy of Majora's Mask sitting beside it in the first picture.

Wow - good eye! I got that copy of Majora's Mask so long ago, as well as the Gold N64, that I can't even remember how I got them at this point. Must have been over 10 years ago. I love the holographic label on the cart. I've never used the Gold N64 I just have it on display. Way too worried about wearing the paint!

On 3/23/2021 at 4:21 PM, drxandy said:

Oo I really like the way you displayed your boxed stuff in the middle of the carts, I wanna copy that! Looks great!

Thank you 🙂 I thought it would look nice flanked by loose carts, and it just so happened that 2 columns from each shelving unit was enough for a full NES NTSC licensed set so it would look at lot more even than having 1.5 shelves filled with carts and all the boxes at the end. Luckily (I guess?) I don't have a lot of boxes yet in order to run out of space

15 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I love how clean this all looks!

Thanks! It's going to be hard to keep it clean going forward though because now I have too many things that don't fit in here so I either need to expand to the closet in this room or start cramming stuff together. Means I have to stop being lazy and build some makeshift shelves.  I really want to have some bigger areas to highlight consoles - the console itself (boxed), some of the top games, guides/ whatever. Those cubbies I have now in the middle are not really the best sizes

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Lots of progress since March towards my complete licensed NES set, and a bunch of cool items along the way (I really like the NES rental case!) I ended up taking off the doors and clearing out the closet in this room and installing new shelves - now I can store more of my collection (but not quite all) - and put in a rolling workbench and a CRT so I can do all of my cleaning/testing/repairs righty by my collection ... and next to my desk for work when I have downtime 😅

Need a slighltly newer CRT with s-video/rgb but this one was pretty cheap and fits perfect!

20210917_085317.jpg.6890c565a2b0933411fa0c4b6ca96c5d.jpg

(also, if you have lots of NES games lmk because I still need about 100 to go!)

20210917_085245.jpg

20210914_084340.jpg

20210907_202124.jpg

20211006_064724.jpg

20211006_065442.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2