IGNORED

Nintendo DS NA Game Collectors List

Maelwys

Hey gang - I'm relatively new to this forum but used to be on NA/SA a lot (more on SA) and more recently on a number of Facebook pages. I've been working on the Nintendo DS for a few years and have what I think is a fairly comprehensive list of North America releases. The DS is a bit of a pain because so many retailers made up their own bundles to sell shovelware, so I'm sure there are a lot of those out there that may be missing from the list. Also note that many titles have both a US and Canada cover art / manual with localized language options. These variations are not included as the UPCs between versions should be identical.

Don't hesitate to message me or post with updates, corrections, or issues.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MFQzeLcWDLcPxMK0OGclC_B8AsTXNKx-pDUh-8UaG6A/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 5:39 PM, Maelwys said:

Hey gang - I'm relatively new to this forum but used to be on NA/SA a lot (more on SA) and more recently on a number of Facebook pages. I've been working on the Nintendo DS for a few years and have what I think is a fairly comprehensive list of North America releases. The DS is a bit of a pain because so many retailers made up their own bundles to sell shovelware, so I'm sure there are a lot of those out there that may be missing from the list. Also note that many titles have both a US and Canada cover art / manual with localized language options. These variations are not included as the UPCs between versions should be identical.

Don't hesitate to message me or post with updates, corrections, or issues.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MFQzeLcWDLcPxMK0OGclC_B8AsTXNKx-pDUh-8UaG6A/edit?usp=sharing

Finally going through my entire collection for insurance purposes and this list is a life-saver. Newer consoles are a pain in the ass to find complete lists for.

• 3 weeks later...

That's awesome, thanks for sharing!
I don't know what you consider a variant, everyone seems to have a different definition of the word, but I have a couple things in my database you can consider adding to your list:

• Spongebob's Atlantis Squarepantis [Includes $5 Nickbucks]

image.png.d0b0de45847fc051f08cd6ef291626b7.png

• Backyard Baseball '10 [Free Topps Cards Inside]

image.png.8e9d1a8ba1cc0937aa7638ec254d49a4.png

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Did some digging this morning and last night, mostly figuring out NTSC-U/C variants for Metroid Prime: Hunters. Wanted to share what I found in case it's useful for your spreadsheet.

- Made in Japan, UPC 00001, Print Code 57096B
- Made in Japan, UPC 00002, Print Code 57096C
- Made in Japan, UPC 00000, Print Code 57102A, Canadian (English and French)
- Made in Japan, UPC 00001, Print Code 57102B, Canadian (English and French)

Still havent figured out if there's a MIJ 00000 / 57086A print but presumably it exists somewhere.

EDIT: confirmed there's no 00000 / 57086A. Likely had an error that was caught early in production so no copies ever shipped.

Edited by inasuma

24 minutes ago, inasuma said:

Did some digging this morning and last night, mostly figuring out NTSC-U/C variants for Metroid Prime: Hunters. Wanted to share what I found in case it's useful for your spreadsheet.

- Made in Japan, Serial Code 00001, Print Code 57096B
- Made in Japan, Serial Code 00002, Print Code 57096C
- Made in Japan, Serial Code 00000, Print Code 57102A, Canadian (English and French)
- Made in Japan, Serial Code 00001, Print Code 57102B, Canadian (English and French)

Still havent figured out if there's a MIJ 00000 / 57086A print but presumably it exists somewhere.

PLEASE.  what do you mean by this information and where could one find this on the cart/cib

haha sorry that's probably good info to specify, my bad. all this information is on the game case and can be cross-verified on manual/cartridge to confirm a given manual/cart goes with its case. 

Picture reference:

916633665_Inked2022-04-1019_20_32-metroidprimehuntersdscib_eBay_LI.jpg.cdfae7ec07a1d550b86b607eaf973109.jpg

1. "Made in Japan" or "Made in USA" is on almost every Nintendo game. Usually corresponds to the serial code / UPC (see next bullet).
  2. The UPC "satellite" code is on the back of every case-style (DS/Gamecube and onward) Nintendo game. The main digits to care about are the middle digit and last digit. Middle indicates country of manufacture, e.g. 00000 is Japan and 00100 is USA. The last digit is the revision. 0 is earliest revision, 1 is first revision, etc. The won't always correspond to first print so it's improtant to look at the print code too. If there's an alternative print of a game (e.g. NFR) then the game won't align with the retail UPC. 
  3. The "print code" denotes the actual model and its revision. It's either five or six digits followed by a letter. "A" being first print, "B" is next revision, and so on. Although I can't prove it definitively yet, I think the lower this number, the earlier the print run. Other games follow this pattern based on the content of their case art (e.g., if Wii U advertise amiibo or not).

The other description info I shared is just other print identifiers. So in the case of Prime: Hunters, the last two in the list are Canadian prints (hence English & French).

USA (English):

589119745_2022-04-1019_23_32-metroidprimehuntersdscib_eBay.png.0126026583a08886dd8f1f971ec699c8.png

Canadian (English + French):

1616237192_2022-04-1019_24_27-MetroidPrime_Hunters(NintendoDS2006)-TESTED!-Complete!_eBay.png.43e7958dcc9e5605b134171cbbecca5c.png

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, inasuma said:

haha sorry that's probably good info to specify, my bad. all this information is on the game case and canb e cross-verified on manual/cartridge to confirm a given manual/cart goes with its case. 

Picture reference:

916633665_Inked2022-04-1019_20_32-metroidprimehuntersdscib_eBay_LI.jpg.cdfae7ec07a1d550b86b607eaf973109.jpg

1. "Made in Japan" or "Made in USA" is on almost every Nintendo game. Usually corresponds to the serial code / UPC (see next bullet).
  2. The "serial code" is on every case-style (DS/Gamecube and onward) Nintendo game. You can find it on the back of the game. the main digits to care about are the middle digit and last digit. Middle indicates country of manufacture, e.g. 00000 is Japan and 00100 is USA. The last digit is the revision. 0 is earliest revision, 1 is first revision, etc. The whole string of numbers doesn't correspond to first-ever print of a game. Just the revision of the current game design. Significant changes usually end up resetting this string, or if the game is a pack-in, then the game won't align with the retail serial. 
  3. The "print code" denotes the actual model and its revision. It's either five or six digits followed by a letter. "A" being earliest revision (first print), "B" is first revision, and so on. Although I can't prove it definitively yet, I've started to notice five digits indicates an earlier print run. Other games follow this pattern based on the content of their case art (e.g., if they advertise amiibo or not).

The other description info I shared is just other print identifiers. So in the case of Prime: Hunters, the last two in the list are Canadian prints (hence English & French).

USA (English):

589119745_2022-04-1019_23_32-metroidprimehuntersdscib_eBay.png.0126026583a08886dd8f1f971ec699c8.png

Canadian (English + French):

1616237192_2022-04-1019_24_27-MetroidPrime_Hunters(NintendoDS2006)-TESTED!-Complete!_eBay.png.43e7958dcc9e5605b134171cbbecca5c.png

lol so this is like the gameboy carts where the "A, B" indicate rom versions but for DS Case it goes to the print run.  is this what your saying @inasuma

20 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

lol so this is like the gameboy carts where the "A, B" indicate rom versions but for DS Case it goes to the print run.  is this what your saying @inasuma

I should clarify I'm mostly interpreting based on what I've seen on the case art's content. so like, if 8xxxxA doesn't advertise a compatible product, but 10xxxxA does, then I would assume the former is first. Then A, B indicating another order to the print. It's certainly possible the letters represent ROM version here as well 🙂 still figuring things out as i go. hah

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 1