IGNORED

A decade out of the game has got me trying and hack into my old Photobucket account! See what I can find!

35051EA8-66B9-4269-AF0D-8E2C63EF0E77.png.8ca05a18fda13e4d3b6bc9f32ef41a29.pngC899196D-29B3-4F49-97F8-FF0C54EBBE0A.png.689f0467caaed03b3292ba11d219f70d.pngWell... it looks like I’m addicted. I sure have missed the community! Ha, to my wife’s dismay I’ve been writing replies while in the bath (weird). She doesn’t quite know what to think of this still. Writing on Nintendo forums, cursing while trying to unlock ancient photo bucket passwords... telling her random stories of an obsessive gaming past. Yep.... maybe I should ease into this, ha!

I don’t want to flood anyone with random uselessness but with the current state of collecting and getting into looking at current prices and such made me think about old transactions I use to have. I broke into the photbucket account and found mostly what I most wanted to find. I wish I could remember names better but, a Canadian fella sold me this back in 2004-2005ish for $450 (I’m pretty sure). A few years later I recall selling it at one of my first NA auctions for $1900. It was incredibly hard to let go but I needed the money at the time. It seems that the BB market has only gotten crazier!

Edited by TheFrisbee
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to A decade out of the game has got me trying and hack into my old Photobucket account! See what I can find!
Administrator · Posted
17 minutes ago, TheFrisbee said:

to my wife’s dismay I’ve been writing replies while in the bath (weird).

To the potential dismay of some people, know this:

If you're talking to me on Discord in the middle of the day and I'm actually responding, there's a decent chance I'm doing so while in the shower.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Gloves said:

To the potential dismay of some people, know this:

If you're talking to me on Discord in the middle of the day and I'm actually responding, there's a decent chance I'm doing so while in the shower.

Honestly, I would only think this was weird out of concern for the phone, lol.  I'm sure more than a few folks post/respond while on the can, which I would consider worse ("getting dirty") than in the shower ("getting clean"), although neither bother me (so long as you wash your filthy hands!).

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Honestly, I would only think this was weird out of concern for the phone, lol.  I'm sure more than a few folks post/respond while on the can, which I would consider worse ("getting dirty") than in the shower ("getting clean"), although neither bother me (so long as you wash your filthy hands!).

My phone is waterproof. 🙂

Just now, Gloves said:

My phone is waterproof. 🙂

Waterproof or water resistant?  I used to work at the board level on cell phones, so water of any kind near one of those things, new or old, is somewhat triggering for me.  To date I've not seen any modern phones guaranteed to be waterproof, although newer smartphones claim to do a decent job, with resistance even underwater down to 2-3 meters for up to a half hour.  That's more than what everybody used to have, but still not as good as what nice watches have, leaving me forever hiding my phone, putting it in a plastic baggy, etc., when it's wet out.

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Waterproof or water resistant?  I used to work at the board level on cell phones, so water of any kind near one of those things, new or old, is somewhat triggering for me.  To date I've not seen any modern phones guaranteed to be waterproof, although newer smartphones claim to do a decent job, with resistance even underwater down to 2-3 meters for up to a half hour.  That's more than what everybody used to have, but still not as good as what nice watches have, leaving me forever hiding my phone, putting it in a plastic baggy, etc., when it's wet out.

Fair enough. I suppose it may have been marketed as waterproof when in fact it's technically only resistant. I do have a "waterproof" case on it in addition to the marketed water proofing, but granted, manufacturer defects and time can have an impact.

Suffice to say I've had my phone in the shower almost daily for a year or so without (visible) issues.

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

Suffice to say I've had my phone in the shower almost daily for a year or so without (visible) issues.

😳  How long are your showers? I’m moving constantly scrubbing and rinsing, then when I’m done I’m out. I could see being on the phone relaxing in a bath...

822d7e436556f5251bb46c5d1de45844f3cfd493

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, TheFrisbee said:

35051EA8-66B9-4269-AF0D-8E2C63EF0E77.png.8ca05a18fda13e4d3b6bc9f32ef41a29.pngC899196D-29B3-4F49-97F8-FF0C54EBBE0A.png.689f0467caaed03b3292ba11d219f70d.pngWell... it looks like I’m addicted. I sure have missed the community! Ha, to my wife’s dismay I’ve been writing replies while in the bath (weird). She doesn’t quite know what to think of this still. Writing on Nintendo forums, cursing while trying to unlock ancient photo bucket passwords... telling her random stories of an obsessive gaming past. Yep.... maybe I should ease into this, ha!

I don’t want to flood anyone with random uselessness but with the current state of collecting and getting into looking at current prices and such made me think about old transactions I use to have. I broke into the photbucket account and found mostly what I most wanted to find. I wish I could remember names better but, a Canadian fella sold me this back in 2004-2005ish for $450 (I’m pretty sure). A few years later I recall selling it at one of my first NA auctions for $1900. It was incredibly hard to let go but I needed the money at the time. It seems that the BB market has only gotten crazier!

Mofasa?  I did 2-3 crazy deal with that Canadian bro...

I have taken a bath literally 4 out of 5 days this week. I get many comments from my boss questioning whether or not I like men. I have no idea what is behind it... a shower seems like work. I’d much rather sit in my own bath of body soup. It’s just... easy!

im currently a plumber by trade. So that’s the only real gripe my wife has.... I mean technically there is probably very small portions of other poo-poo settling in my pores.

Edited by TheFrisbee

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Link said:

😳  How long are your showers? I’m moving constantly scrubbing and rinsing, then when I’m done I’m out. I could see being on the phone relaxing in a bath...

822d7e436556f5251bb46c5d1de45844f3cfd493

I shower like 20-30 minutes. At least for the last year or so.

TBH I find it a bit of an escape, while I'm quarantined. It's not good though; my feet do not like me right now.