IGNORED

Music Debate #99: U2

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal thoughts

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking band. Or artist.
    • 8/10 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. More than a few songs you like. You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area. Or still alive.
    • 5/10 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
    • 3/10 - Not very good. You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time. You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.

Events Team · Posted

3 by definition.  I literally change the radio whenever they play except an occasional allowance for Mysterios Ways.  That wah-guitar hook gets me.

I'll hand it to the Edge for his guitar talent but Bono and the band's sound in general just rub me the wrong way.

Several songs that I enjoy if I hear them on the radio, but very rarely have I ever selected a U2 song to listen to.  Probably the only exception was back during the Batman Forever days when Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me was popular.  I still have that soundtrack.  I was just barely young enough when that movie came out that I enjoyed it. 😛  

Moderator · Posted

2/10 - I hugely dislike Bono’s voice, and find little redeeming about the music, unlike a band like Rush, where even though I don’t like Geddy’s voice, I respect the music. Edge’s guitar playing is awful, all the wah wah pedal stuff is garbage. Just watch the guitar documentary with him, Jimmy Page and Jack White to see a fish out of water. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, doner24 said:

2/10 - I hugely dislike Bono’s voice, and find little redeeming about the music, unlike a band like Rush, where even though I don’t like Geddy’s voice, I respect the music. Edge’s guitar playing is awful, all the wah wah pedal stuff is garbage. Just watch the guitar documentary with him, Jimmy Page and Jack White to see a fish out of water. 

Edge's guitar is more echoey than wah wah. He always sounds like he's copying Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd.