IGNORED

Nintendo Wii starlight Children's Foundation Fun Center hospital kiosk

Member · Posted

Hey, I'm new to the forum and just thought I would share the largest item in my collection. I think it is pretty rare as I can hardly find any info on it online.

It is an old Kiosk originally made to be sold to Children's hospitals around the country. Has anyone seen these in Canada?

The one I have has a few cosmetic blemishes but it still works. It has a Wii locked inside with a hard drive that has some games pre-loaded. There is no standard menu screen like you've seen on a home Wii console. These were also made with a single DIN DVD player on the right side. You would normally have a few discs that can be reached through the hole in the front. You can insert movies into the player but can not get the DVD out of the unit.

Controllers are attached to the kiosk similar to how game store demo units were done.

It looks like this one was released in 2007 as a couple of the sports games are titled for 2008.

20210115_204300.thumb.jpg.b7e4190026e7fe38ff1c4d5519445180.jpg 20210115_204241.thumb.jpg.8f43dc2753e18ca8f7e115bd2317f7b3.jpg

20210115_203944.jpg.d6bc7cc9498b29b8e5a4950832cd7a2d.jpg

20210115_203947.jpg.ba31acec1e43dde6ce8b7975c7278b1d.jpg

20210115_204014.jpg.230d7b4c30bd6fa99293ca874f823119.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, I'm new to the forum and just thought I would share the largest item in my collection. I think it is pretty rare as I can hardly find any info on it online. It is an old Kiosk originally mad

There is. I was able to use one during a hospital stay. These Starlight Kiosks are amazing and do bring kids some joy in a time of uncertainty. They have also partnered up again to roll out the Ninten

I haven't seen them in person, but I know of them, these Starlight kiosks. I know there's an N64 Starlight kiosk, and... I want to say there's a Gamecube one as well, but I could be misremembering, an

Posted Images

I haven't seen them in person, but I know of them, these Starlight kiosks. I know there's an N64 Starlight kiosk, and... I want to say there's a Gamecube one as well, but I could be misremembering, and probably a few other consoles as well. I don't see them pop up for sale very often at all, but I know they exist. Very cool to see a Wii one! I actually have an N64 cartridge that was originally used in one of these Starlight kiosks, sort of a quasi Not For Resale.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I want to say there's a Gamecube one as well,

There is. I was able to use one during a hospital stay. These Starlight Kiosks are amazing and do bring kids some joy in a time of uncertainty. They have also partnered up again to roll out the Nintendo Switch.

I really wonder what hospitals do with these after several years. It would be nice to see some of these older systems rolling around hospitals.

• Like 4
Member · Posted
4 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

I really wonder what hospitals do with these after several years. It would be nice to see some of these older systems rolling around hospitals.

Hospitals usually treat them like old computer equipment. They have a company that regularly picks up and recycles computers just take these kiosks to dispose of them.

Because of this, it is likely that 95% of them just get pulled apart and the components recycled.

I saw a Nintendo Wii U kiosk at a hospital a couple years ago. I did not take note of what brand it was. Like someone else said, there is also a new Switch kiosk announced but I don't think that unit has been delivered yet.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...