IGNORED

My notable sega 32x finds and their stories!

28 minutes ago, Trade-N-Games said:

Thanks for coming in to the store. Love when a true collector finds something they have been looking for.  Just in case someone calls you out, the system was new but they never came in shrink wrap. I offered to do this for free to help protect it and it looks super nice and keeps dust and grime off of the box.

Our web site is www.tradengames.com

Good call out.  Yes I forgot to mention that in the posting, i think i was still in shock that day i got it to even mention that detail. The shrink wrap really helps imo. I think ill even get a case protector like i have for my games

thanks again. This was an amazing find!

On 1/22/2021 at 9:01 PM, Trade-N-Games said:

Thanks for coming in to the store. Love when a true collector finds something they have been looking for.  Just in case someone calls you out, the system was new but they never came in shrink wrap. I offered to do this for free to help protect it and it looks super nice and keeps dust and grime off of the box.

Our web site is www.tradengames.com

I learned about your store because of this thread and ended up ordering a bunch of stuff that I needed... patiently waiting for all of it to arrive now! Thanks for posting pictures and detailed descriptions on your website, makes a huge difference. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I learned about your store because of this thread and ended up ordering a bunch of stuff that I needed... patiently waiting for all of it to arrive now! Thanks for posting pictures and detailed descriptions on your website, makes a huge difference. 

Don’t mind me asking what treasures did you find?:)

• 2 weeks later...

So, more stories coming but I've been heavily looking for the spiderman box these days thus halted my epic finds stories.  But, since my spiderman box saga has come to an end I thought I'd share the cool story!

Being obsessed with finding this last piece to make my collection more complete i started combing the interwebs again and landed on another gaming forum that i had registered in the beginning trying to find some of these games.  This time, I decided just to do some more digging on the spiderman 32x subject.  

What i found was a series of people selling collections and what not years ago.  One particular posting was nearly 6 years ago with a guy selling his entire 32x collection (mostly there; but missing some manuals).  I remember seeing it back in December and just wrote the idea off since it was 6 years ago and more than likely all gone.  But, this time i was like "what the heck, what do i have to lose?"  So i wrote a message to the OP seeing if he had spiderman still and if he would be willing to part with the box (normally this wouldn't ever even be considered but since it was missing the manual and had some battle damage i thought it would be worth an ask).

A day later he replied!  He said he has the game, but wasn't going to sell it alone.  So, i was like "alone...what does that mean...does he just want me to buy the cart and the box or does he want me to buy the entire collection?"  We exchange some more messages and he was wanting to sell the entire collection and at the time 6 years ago he was asking only $1300 (which is amazing deal if that was today lol)  Needless to say that wasn't the case.  

Excited and tormented at nights on potentially considering buying the entire lot and systematically selling off what I didn't need (but realizing my wife may murder me for doing that).  I then thought is there another way?  Then it dawned on me, another good friend on this forum was also collecting for 32x and he was looking for bulk.  So i sent him a message as well and to protect him i'll keep his name out of it unless he decides to chime in:)  At first we didn't quite know what this guy wanting for the collection and I think at the time we had caught him off guard as he hadn't kept up with the prices over the years (at least i don't he had at the time).  

The plan was to see if the bulk buyer here on VGS was ok with me buying the spiderman box while he took the rest of the lot.  Normally this wouldn't fly, but I knew he wanted a better conditioned box so i thought the request might be ok.  We both agreed and decided to ask the seller if he would consider selling the lot to the bulk buyer and sell me the box.  Occasionally id still ask if he would consider just selling us what we needed because even the bulk seller would have to sell off some of the doubles.

Negotiations went back and forth and I as well as the bulk buyer was getting nervous lol.  Ultimately, the seller granted our request and just sold us what we were looking for!  He didn't have to do that; but I guess saw that we were serious collectors and would treat his treasures well!  If he joins here we will definitely point him out as he has some other goodies he'd like to sell including more from his great collection!

Pictures below!  Enjoy and more stories coming:)

PS:  i had changed out the tray with a matching cardboard tray. The box had a bit of water damage but hard to tell from the pics!

Edited by Matthewnimmo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!  Its been a while since my last posting here as ive been busy going back and forth collecting between my game gear and N64. But now that im broke for a while its time to swing back here. Next up is chaotix!  At the time of my shopping this was going for around $180’s cib as good condition on ebay. Now i know most ebayers jack up the prices so i take that with a grain of salt

in calling around looking for I believe tmek at the time i cane across elite games. They literally had this title come into the store that day. I wanted to think about it for a week and i needed to sell a few more items to cover the cost. The next week. I pulled the trigger on it for $149!  When it came in i was surprised as the manual had another manual tucked inside. The original owner had tucked away Blackthorne for the 32x in excellent condition!  So got the cib chaotix and a hidden blackthorne manual for $149. Not bad:)

26BE05BB-FEE0-4415-A129-CF94F33FAFC5.jpeg

• Like 3

Today my grade sega 32x has arrived!  The turkeys did grade it under qualified instead of standard even though i asked them to consider the tab had never been opened. I did talk to them before hand and they said they do grade unsealed systems like the 32x that never came factory sealed as standard IF they are certain the tab hasnt been opened. So i guess there was just enough uncertainty that they went ahead and opened it for qualified grading. Still works for me!  See below for the grade:)

@Trade-N-Gamestagging jason here as he might be curious on how his system graded!:)

2B470CAD-7C4C-4B27-B97D-B34890B8FC9E.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...