IGNORED

The Hardest 1st Level Ever

PII

On 1/14/2021 at 6:48 AM, nesmaster14 said:

Image Fight on PC Engine.  Technically the first level begins after the 3rd level (the first three are considered training stages).  However, the kicker is, if your hit ratio is below a certain threshold (90% iirc), you get sent to a punishment level!  It literally looks like some guy just threw every sprite on screen at once, with lasers and homing missiles firing at you...

imagefight_pce.jpeg.c302299b4e8425ec8cf251713f7808f1.jpeg

I was considering resetting the game at this point, but I pushed onward and managed to clear it somehow. I eventually made it to the final stage but the game became very stale at that point.  So, yeah, this is an introductory stage to the "real" levels of the game (if you miss the threshold). Brutal, lol.

I clicked on this topic just to post this one.  This shooter even saves your progress and power ups after each stage and I still can't beat it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hyrulevyse said:

However, the kicker is, if your hit ratio is below a certain threshold (90% iirc), you get sent to a punishment level!  It literally looks like some guy just threw every sprite on screen at once, with lasers and homing missiles firing at you...

Lol, this sounds like the Shmup equivalent of "Mighty Bomb Jack" getting sent to the punishment room for being too greedy about collecting power-ups.  I wonder what the NES version is like....?

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 1/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, PII said:

Lol, this sounds like the Shmup equivalent of "Mighty Bomb Jack" getting sent to the punishment room for being too greedy about collecting power-ups.  I wonder what the NES version is like....?

The NES version of Image Fight is pretty tame. To be fair, I always play with turbo-fire, but if I can make it to the last level of that game, anyone can (watching me play video games is like watching a snake tie his shoes).

Which is why I'm surprised to hear how difficult the PC Engine port is ... I'd still love to try it out, though.

-CasualCart

• Like 2