IGNORED

Broken consoles

Rudybegga

I have quite a few broken consoles/non working games and was wondering if there was any source looking for them.  I have 2 gamecubes, 4 ps2 phats, 3 ps2 slims, 5 wiis, a dsi, dsi xl, 3 nes phat, 2 super nintendo, and a bunch of pokemon games needing batteries.  Anyone know of a store/vgs member giving cash or credit?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the wii consoles all turn on but most have been hacked to play roms.  I have a couple of Pokemon Gold, 3 Crystal and 1 Diamond, and a red without the label.  And an import pokemon.  Silver I think.  And a few bootleg pokemon.  The Gold and crystal have dry batteries I think.  And I don't know how to solder.  Diamond shows an icon picture on DS home screen, so it recognizes it.  But when it boots, it says something like "An error occurred loading this cart."  Or something like that.

I also have like a dozen original xboxes.  I need them gone asap.

Edited by Rudybegga

• 1 month later...

I would be interested, as I enjoy repairing old consoles.  The biggest hurdle is shipping costs... are you by chance in southwest Ohio? 😁

Other than finding someone local, it would be hard to sell them online, as shipping is often higher than the value... Maybe advertise on FB marketplace or craigslist.  Games needing batteries would be easy to sell on Ebay, as they will have low shipping costs, and you could bundle them together.

Social Team · Posted
On 2/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, poppj said:

I would be interested, as I enjoy repairing old consoles.  The biggest hurdle is shipping costs... are you by chance in southwest Ohio? 😁

tenor.gif?itemid=9275724

On 2/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, poppj said:

Other than finding someone local, it would be hard to sell them online, as shipping is often higher than the value... Maybe advertise on FB marketplace or craigslist.  Games needing batteries would be easy to sell on Ebay, as they will have low shipping costs, and you could bundle them together.

I'll second that in the Cincinnati region there are people who advertise that they are looking for broken consoles on FB maketplace/Craig's lists/NextDoor.  If you post the status of the broken console on Ebay you can also sell them there.  I will say that the more information you can provide, including photos, the better price you'll get.  I've seen some dirt cheap broken consoles get passed on GoodWill Auction site as they don't provide enough information on what is broken.  Other systems go for good money even when they are posted as broken without much information.