IGNORED

Pro Wrestling thread

CodysGameRoom

Full Gear was probably the best AEW ppv yet. It's good to see them improving. I wasn't surprised by the ending to the title match. It reminded me of the 1994 Survivor Series WWF title match where Owen Hart acted concerned for Bret and got their mother to throw in the towel before celebrating with Bob Backlund because it was all a swerve. When they kept showing Cody's mom in the audience I thought they were going to copy it and have MJF go over to her to get her to do it. The Moxley/Omega match was just crazy. They were pushing ECW levels of hardcore. It almost seemed tame by Moxley's standards compared to his stuff in CZW.

1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

I didn't but my friend did.  I did call that finish, it made the most sense.

Since Cody put out the stipulation that if he didn't win, he wouldn't challenge for the title again I thought they might go the lazy route and have Jericho lose by DQ. It's good that they took a more creative route. It didn't make sense that MJF is a heeI, but he's Cody's best friend so it's good to see that angle actually went somewhere and will probably end up with a payoff match. It's good to see some long term storytelling instead of the current WWE method where they act like their fans don't have an attention span longer than one episode.

28 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Still not sure why the stipulation was thrown out so early. 

I'm legitimately interested to see how they handle that. Does Cody honor what he said about not challenging for the title again or does he use MJF throwing in the towel as an excuse? Cody made that stipulation himself so its not exactly binding. It is impressive that the EVPs (Cody, Omega and the Young Bucks) are going out of their way to put other guys over instead of booking themselves into all of the top spots.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

12 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm legitimately interested to see how they handle that. Does Cody honor what he said about not challenging for the title again or does he use MJF throwing in the towel as an excuse? Cody made that stipulation himself so its not exactly binding. It is impressive that the EVPs (Cody, Omega and the Young Bucks) are going out of their way to put other guys over instead of booking themselves into all of the top spots.

Good points. 

I feel like its Cody's way of saying 'as a higher up, I'm not gonna pull a triple h and book myself as champ'.

2 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Good points. 

I feel like its Cody's way of saying 'as a higher up, I'm not gonna pull a triple h and book myself as champ'.

He mentioned the conflict of wrestlers that are also management as being the reason for his decision during his promo last week. I'm guessing because of how the match ended he either changes his mind or somehow gets challenged or does something to qualify for another title shot down the road.

27 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

I enjoyed full gear for the most part. There's certain people on the roster that I could care less about but they have fun matches so it is what it is. The main events were a lot of fun. 

Joey Janela and Shawn Spears don't interest me at all. At least they were in the same match, which was probably the weakest match on the card.

• Like 1

Spoiler

So CM Punk showed up on WWE Backstage last night. Pretty wild. Figured he'd never be back. Also figured that if he did, it'd be like... on a PPV or something, not like an afterthought C show? Weird.

WWE spoilers above. Beware!

Edited by CodysGameRoom

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So CM Punk showed up on WWE Backstage last night. Pretty wild. Figured he'd never be back. Also figured that if he did, it'd be like... on a PPV or something, not like an afterthought C show? Weird.

Reaction time! (more spoilers)

Spoiler

CM Punk said in an interview that he tried out for the WWE Backstage show because he clarified that he would actually be working for Fox and not the WWE. I would rather see him wrestle (even part time), since he didn't rule out the possibility in the same interview, but he didn't seem too high on the idea either.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

4 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Apparently it is a deal exclusively with Fox, not WWE (which was what I had been hearing) so right now, I'm not expecting it to be anymore than it is other than it does seem to open the door a little bit.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

On 11/13/2019 at 8:36 AM, CodysGameRoom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I guess it's not a spoiler by now, so I wonder if there will be a CM Punk appearance on Smackdown tonight, even if it's just a promo for WWE Backstage?

On 11/14/2019 at 6:43 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Any AEW/NXT thoughts from last night? I was expecting a better effort from AEW coming off the ppv. It just seemed like an average show.

Unfortunately I am a little behind and still getting caught up on AEW. I am about to watch Full Gear this weekend. Hoping it's great!