Jump to content
IGNORED

WTB Mega Man 6 Capcom NES-G6-USA Nes Variant...willing to buy or trade for it...it does not have to be cib and can be in any condition


Recommended Posts

On 1/10/2021 at 9:28 AM, Hollywoodcaddy said:

I am willing to buy this mega man 6 variant but in my experience most collectors like me want to trade so we aren't really losing a game out of the collection...either way is fine for me this time...I'm very serious about finding and acquiring this mega man 6 variant so any help or any leads would be very much appreciated...thank all of you...you've all been so much nicer and been more helpful then anywhere else I have looked...a lot of class in here...I mean that...have a good one everybody!!!

Are you talking about this ? No ,I am not interested in trading /or selling it ..I am a big MM collector ,and this cart is a very big part of my collection..Anyway good luck with the hunt !

DA266B47-EE04-4E17-A7FF-20E6B80F281A.jpeg

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you talking about this ? No ,I am not interested in trading /or selling it ..I am a big MM collector ,and this cart is a very big part of my collection..Anyway good luck with the hunt !

Your opinion does ring true though,as the collector that I got this cart from did mention that they got it in a lot they bought from someone in SA ..I must point out the PCB on the Capcom label valian

If The Flintstones: the Surprise at Dinosaur Peak was really a Blockbuster "exclusive", it was only temporary. I rented it in 1994, and I didn't even go to Blockbuster at the time.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Are you talking about this ? No ,I am not interested in trading /or selling it ..I am a big MM collector ,and this cart is a very big part of my collection..Anyway good luck with the hunt !

DA266B47-EE04-4E17-A7FF-20E6B80F281A.jpeg

is there any proof this was ever officially released in the united states?

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

is there any proof this was ever officially released in the united states?

I have no idea ,but from all of the evidence I can found on it’s existence Capcom probably originally planned on publishing it in the US ..That’s the closet thing I can find to answer your question..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Like a standard late release US NES game ..

Thats REALLY interesting.  I can't say personally they were ever shipped in the US.  If that was the case there would be more of them.  Not a significant amount, but not like the 4 or 5 that have ever been found.

My gut tells me they we're printed for most of South America, since they use NTSC.  Playtronics also printed some as well, which is why I asked about the back but I believed they were based out of Brazil which use NTSC-M, or PAL-M.  I personally feel the "USA" really just means "NTSC" and not exclusively the US. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC#/media/File:PAL-NTSC-SECAM.svg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Thats REALLY interesting.  I can't say personally they were ever shipped in the US.  If that was the case there would be more of them.  Not a significant amount, but not like the 4 or 5 that have ever been found.

My gut tells me they we're printed for most of South America, since they use NTSC.  Playtronics also printed some as well, which is why I asked about the back but I believed they were based out of Brazil which use NTSC-M, or PAL-M.  I personally feel the "USA" really just means "NTSC" and not exclusively the US. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC#/media/File:PAL-NTSC-SECAM.svg

You are correct ,i worded my initial response to your question in a badly .I should of wrote like a late release NTSC cart ,as I do have a NTSC “Surprise at Dino Peak “that has a back that looks like some carts that come from SA ..So yes you are correct in your information.I do not have the Playtronic valiant MM6 ,so I can’t compare it to that ..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Thats REALLY interesting.  I can't say personally they were ever shipped in the US.  If that was the case there would be more of them.  Not a significant amount, but not like the 4 or 5 that have ever been found.

My gut tells me they we're printed for most of South America, since they use NTSC.  Playtronics also printed some as well, which is why I asked about the back but I believed they were based out of Brazil which use NTSC-M, or PAL-M.  I personally feel the "USA" really just means "NTSC" and not exclusively the US. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC#/media/File:PAL-NTSC-SECAM.svg

Your opinion does ring true though,as the collector that I got this cart from did mention that they got it in a lot they bought from someone in SA ..I must point out the PCB on the Capcom label valiant has G6-USA printed on it like the label ,but the rom on the PCB is exactly the same as the one in the standard/regular US release..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Your opinion does ring true though,as the collector that I got this cart from did mention that they got it in a lot they bought from someone in SA ..I must point out the PCB on the Capcom label valiant has G6-USA printed on it like the label ,but the rom on the PCB is exactly the same as the one in the standard/regular US release..

You mean the date code?  If I remember correctly, the date codes of the G6-USA's should be earlier than the G6-USA-1s

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

You mean the date code?  If I remember correctly, the date codes of the G6-USA's should be earlier than the G6-USA-1s

^^Yes ,this is correct ..As I have several other later release carts that have the same date code printed on the PCB ..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

^^Yes ,this is correct ..As I have several other later release carts that have the same date code printed on the PCB ..

Ah yeah.  Which of course still makes me believe they were made for that area.  MM6 was released by Nintendo because Capcom said (For whatever reason) they were not releasing in the US but everywhere else, to with Nintendo replied OH HELL NO, knowing Mega Man is a strong IP.  I suppose Capcom thought because of the SNES, they wouldn't sell a lot and wouldnt be cost effective printing copies of it if they werent gonna sell.  If it was on Nintendo's dime, they could afford it.  So i would guess it was released everywhere else earlier, and the US last.  Which is unusual.  Im not entirely sure if MM6 was released in Europe though.  It was in Japan Nov of 93 but dunno where the March 94 date came from for the US.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Ah yeah.  Which of course still makes me believe they were made for that area.  MM6 was released by Nintendo because Capcom said (For whatever reason) they were not releasing in the US but everywhere else, to with Nintendo replied OH HELL NO, knowing Mega Man is a strong IP.  I suppose Capcom thought because of the SNES, they wouldn't sell a lot and wouldnt be cost effective printing copies of it if they werent gonna sell.  If it was on Nintendo's dime, they could afford it.  So i would guess it was released everywhere else earlier, and the US last.  Which is unusual.  Im not entirely sure if MM6 was released in Europe though.  It was in Japan Nov of 93 but dunno where the March 94 date came from for the US.  

As far as I know there is no PAL  release for MM6 ,I could be wrong though ..Just like   “Surpise at Dino Peak “has no NTSC-J release ,it was a NTSC and a PAL release only ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Ah yeah.  Which of course still makes me believe they were made for that area.  MM6 was released by Nintendo because Capcom said (For whatever reason) they were not releasing in the US but everywhere else, to with Nintendo replied OH HELL NO, knowing Mega Man is a strong IP.  I suppose Capcom thought because of the SNES, they wouldn't sell a lot and wouldnt be cost effective printing copies of it if they werent gonna sell.  If it was on Nintendo's dime, they could afford it.  So i would guess it was released everywhere else earlier, and the US last.  Which is unusual.  Im not entirely sure if MM6 was released in Europe though.  It was in Japan Nov of 93 but dunno where the March 94 date came from for the US.  

Your theory on the Capcom label valiant MM6 also lends credence to another long held rumor being total BS ,the opinion that “Surprise at Dino Peak “was a “Blockbuster “exclusive only ..The reason why I say that is a lot of the F2 carts that have turned up recently have the different backs on them that seem to suggest that they were manufactured and sold in South America..And with a lot of the ebay listings for that game ,and Little Samson as well coming from SA in recent years that definitely furthers the truth that F2 was not a Blockbuster exclusive..So in another words your position seems pretty correct from that angle as well ..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Your theory on the Capcom label valiant MM6 also lends credence to another long held rumor being total BS ,the opinion that “Surprise at Dino Peak “was a “Blockbuster “exclusive only ..The reason why I say that is a lot of the F2 carts that have turned up recently have the different backs on them that seem to suggest that they were manufactured and sold in South America..And with a lot of the ebay listings for that game ,and Little Samson as well coming from SA in recent years that definitely furthers the truth that F2 was not a Blockbuster exclusive..So in another words your position seems pretty correct from that angle as well ..

The only thing about F2 being a blockbuster 'exclusive' is that the chip dates are considerably older than they should be for their release date.  I think the chip dates were VERY late 93, and the 'release date' (if accurate) is like august 94.  Could possibly be it was a rental only from Feb till Aug?  Really strange but the only thing I can think of why the date codes are so far off.  Usually its a month or two between chip production and release.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

The only thing about F2 being a blockbuster 'exclusive' is that the chip dates are considerably older than they should be for their release date.  I think the chip dates were VERY late 93, and the 'release date' (if accurate) is like august 94.  Could possibly be it was a rental only from Feb till Aug?  Really strange but the only thing I can think of why the date codes are so far off.  Usually its a month or two between chip production and release.

Lol ..^^I never thought of that before ,I will check the PCB on my copy of F2 when I get home ..That does seem strange about the chips ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Lol ..^^I never thought of that before ,I will check the PCB on my copy of F2 when I get home ..That does seem strange about the chips ..

But thats only if the release date is accurate.  I think Nintendo implied  it would be out by Jan 1994 but that always isn't accurate.  Knowing what the real release date of the game would help a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

But thats only if the release date is accurate.  I think Nintendo implied  it would be out by Jan 1994 but that always isn't accurate.  Knowing what the real release date of the game would help a lot.

^^Yes ,that would help ..I have to do some digging to see if I can find any reliable information on when the game was actually released ,consistency in information from multiple sources would certainly help in that regard ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

The only thing about F2 being a blockbuster 'exclusive' is that the chip dates are considerably older than they should be for their release date.  I think the chip dates were VERY late 93, and the 'release date' (if accurate) is like august 94.  Could possibly be it was a rental only from Feb till Aug?  Really strange but the only thing I can think of why the date codes are so far off.  Usually its a month or two between chip production and release.

I think that Blockbuster theory was busted when numerous people proved they had purchased it elsewhere. That being said, I have no proof of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...