IGNORED

Interest Check: Sony Trinitron and late-model Sharp CRTs

Seeing if there is interest in the community for these.  2 really good CRTs.  I am getting rid of them because I recently upgraded to a huge 36" Trinitron.  Promised the wife I would get rid of my main CRT TV and backup CRT when I got my big thick boy.  Pickup in SE Michigan.  I also drive to NE Ohio periodically for family but not too often with COVID.  Delivery available (or meeting halfway) within reason.

The Sony Trinitron WEGA is a 27".  Remote included and it works great.  Has component, RF, composite, and S-video.  Asking $40 for it.  PENDING

The Sharp is a 32".  Remote included and works great.  Has component, composite, RF, and S-Video inputs and is a really great gaming CRT.  Asking $20 for it.

20210108_124322.jpg

20210108_124332.jpg

20210108_124342.jpg

20210108_123233.jpg

20210108_123308.jpg

20210108_123316.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 2
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bump.  Really glad Obi Wan Kenobi popped up twice in this thread to compliment these TVs.  "This is the CRT of a Jedi Knight.  An elegant TV for a more civilized age"

Solid tubes at a solid price.

Seeing if there is interest in the community for these.  2 really good CRTs.  I am getting rid of them because I recently upgraded to a huge 36" Trinitron.  Promised the wife I would get rid of my mai

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Jeevan said:

which was your main, imightbe interested in one.

@LutherDestroysTheGond

sorry prolly should have done this originally lol

The Sharp was my main just because it was bigger. Image quality seemed the same to me but I didnt do a side-by-side or anything (mostly S-Video and composite for everything).  Sound is better on the Sony.  I may have someone lined up for the Sony though

• Sad 1
Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

The Sharp was my main just because it was bigger. Image quality seemed the same to me but I didnt do a side-by-side or anything (mostly S-Video and composite for everything).  Sound is better on the Sony.  I may have someone lined up for the Sony though

if it falls through let me know good sir, i was looking at the 27 incher for space saving

• Like 1

@RH I have read a lot that these are worth something but having them out for the prices listed above on Craigslist, VGS, Facebook, etc for a few days with basically no hits has me thinking otherwise.  Even the 36" Trinitron I got for $50 sat for almost 48 hours before I was the first to contact her

@B.A. I looked up the Sony Trinitron Wiki and the 36" I got is listed at 216 lbs.  Felt more like 300 moving that thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1