IGNORED

Interest Check: Sony Trinitron and late-model Sharp CRTs

LutherDestroysTheGond

Seeing if there is interest in the community for these.  2 really good CRTs.  I am getting rid of them because I recently upgraded to a huge 36" Trinitron.  Promised the wife I would get rid of my main CRT TV and backup CRT when I got my big thick boy.  Pickup in SE Michigan.  I also drive to NE Ohio periodically for family but not too often with COVID.  Delivery available (or meeting halfway) within reason.

The Sony Trinitron WEGA is a 27".  Remote included and it works great.  Has component, RF, composite, and S-video.  Asking $40 for it.  PENDING

The Sharp is a 32".  Remote included and works great.  Has component, composite, RF, and S-Video inputs and is a really great gaming CRT.  Asking $20 for it.

20210108_124322.jpg

20210108_124332.jpg

20210108_124342.jpg

20210108_123233.jpg

20210108_123308.jpg

20210108_123316.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeevan said:

which was your main, imightbe interested in one.

@LutherDestroysTheGond

sorry prolly should have done this originally lol

The Sharp was my main just because it was bigger. Image quality seemed the same to me but I didnt do a side-by-side or anything (mostly S-Video and composite for everything).  Sound is better on the Sony.  I may have someone lined up for the Sony though

• Sad 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

The Sharp was my main just because it was bigger. Image quality seemed the same to me but I didnt do a side-by-side or anything (mostly S-Video and composite for everything).  Sound is better on the Sony.  I may have someone lined up for the Sony though

if it falls through let me know good sir, i was looking at the 27 incher for space saving

• Like 1

@RH I have read a lot that these are worth something but having them out for the prices listed above on Craigslist, VGS, Facebook, etc for a few days with basically no hits has me thinking otherwise.  Even the 36" Trinitron I got for $50 sat for almost 48 hours before I was the first to contact her

@B.A. I looked up the Sony Trinitron Wiki and the 36" I got is listed at 216 lbs.  Felt more like 300 moving that thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1