IGNORED

I need help

Hollywoodcaddy

Hello...I collect variants for Nes games...I know its tedious and it's all been done before but I'm doing it...there are many very hard to find variants but the two that are giving me the most trouble finding are Tecmo NBA Basketball NES-N7-USA and Mega Man 6 Capcom USA-G6-USA...if anyone could help me out in anyway it would be much appreciated...obviously I'm willing to buy or trade with anyone for these two variants...but any info to where best to look for them or a buddy that has one and might want to sell or trade would help me out a lot...I've looked for months and months and I dont know where else to turn....so thank you guys and happy collecting 😁

Hi there

It would be more effective to put up a post in the buying section, with the specific variants you're after in the title. Without a specific title many people may skip over this, but seeing exactly what you need someone could skim over that and realize they might have what you're after.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

A simple eBay alert for Tecmo NBA will eventually net you that one. The Mega Man 6 will be significantly harder to find since it was never truly released in America. Your best bet there is to look at South American auction sites, particularly Brazil. Good luck. 

Like @ThePhleotold me about the N7 Tecmo NBA, there has only been 1 copy on Ebay in the past 4-5 months.

29 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Like @ThePhleotold me about the N7 Tecmo NBA, there has only been 1 copy on Ebay in the past 4-5 months.

I can’t exactly guarantee I seen EVERY one...but I’ve been actively trying to spot one for that time.

The good news is that patience is key with a variant like this one. Eventually it will be listed and it will be affordable.

If I see one I’ll alert you to it, or if you want I can even buy it straight up and sell it back to you at cost...I’ve got no interest in owning multiple, but I do have an interest in seeing if there’s variants on the circuit board.

4 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I can’t exactly guarantee I seen EVERY one...but I’ve been actively trying to spot one for that time.

The good news is that patience is key with a variant like this one. Eventually it will be listed and it will be affordable.

If I see one I’ll alert you to it, or if you want I can even buy it straight up and sell it back to you at cost...I’ve got no interest in owning multiple, but I do have an interest in seeing if there’s variants on the circuit board.

I wasn't trying to imply that it's common, but I wouldn't consider it ultra rare either. It's just not sought by an especially large number of people, it can be somewhat tough to spot, and sellers rarely recognize it as special, so it will continue to pop up regularly. I've seen it numerous times over the last several years.

4 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Ill take you up on that @ThePhleo

This forum stuff is all new to me...you all are much more advanced at this then me...its hard following who's saying what...but that's why I'm here asking for some help...please bare with me...is there a better place I should be asking for help and should I go about this in a different way...I mean...I have no idea how to set up an Ebay alert to find an N7 variant of tecmo basketball or how to search Brazil for a mega man 6 😥...I do appreciate what you guys have said so far...I'm trying bare with me

3 minutes ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

This forum stuff is all new to me...you all are much more advanced at this then me...its hard following who's saying what...but that's why I'm here asking for some help...please bare with me...is there a better place I should be asking for help and should I go about this in a different way...I mean...I have no idea how to set up an Ebay alert to find an N7 variant of tecmo basketball or how to search Brazil for a mega man 6 😥...I do appreciate what you guys have said so far...I'm trying bare with me

Well here’s the bad news and good news. The bad news is the -USA Mega Man 6 is a tough nut to crack since it involves lots of very hard work.

The good news is the N7 Tecmo NBA Basketball just requires patience.

The Bad News: -USA Mega Man 6

Buying stuff from a foreign market is pretty tough. I’m also in search for a Mega Man 6 -USA variant so I can tell you that they’re only found in Brazil.

The Brazilian equivalent of eBay is called “Mercado Libre” and the website is in Portuguese. I think nowadays they have an English option, but the hard part is actually getting items on there to your door.

There are additional services you can use, like a buying service that has a Brazilian address which then forwards it to you. This is extremely complicated so I highly suggest, if you’re not able to do this, to just post a bounty. That being said it’s hard to tell if even that will work.

The Good News: N7 Tecmo NBA Basketball

For the N7 Tecmo NBA Basketball, it’s much easier. You just have to have a couple months of patience and wait for one to show up.

Step 1: Download the eBay app to your phone

Step 2: Make an eBay account.

Step 3: Type “Tecmo NBA Basketball NES” in the eBay searchbar.

Step 4: Once you get your search results, click the little heart in the top left corner of the screen to “Save Search”. Make sure to also check the “Alerts on phone” button after clicking the heart as well to get alerts on your phone.

What saving a search does is lets you know when new listings for those words you typed in show up on eBay.

Wish you the best of luck! Those are some tough variants to find 🙂 

• Like 3

You've just helped me more then anyone else has in 6 months...THANK YOU...and a "bounty" I'm assuming that's where i name a price or a trade and then wait to see if someone can come up with the mega man 6 for me...where would the best place for me to do something like that...on this site? Somewhere else? I really wasnt joking about me being terrible at this forum stuff haha...I'm sure I have things I could use for trade...I just dont know exactly where and what to say...I pretty much got laughed off reddit...so I'm kind of at everyone mercy ...so what I'm saying is yes...the bounty thing...I want to do that.......how 😁😁😁

2 hours ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

You've just helped me more then anyone else has in 6 months...THANK YOU...and a "bounty" I'm assuming that's where i name a price or a trade and then wait to see if someone can come up with the mega man 6 for me...where would the best place for me to do something like that...on this site? Somewhere else? I really wasnt joking about me being terrible at this forum stuff haha...I'm sure I have things I could use for trade...I just dont know exactly where and what to say...I pretty much got laughed off reddit...so I'm kind of at everyone mercy ...so what I'm saying is yes...the bounty thing...I want to do that.......how 😁😁😁

https://www.videogamesage.com/forum/36-buying/

Here's a link to our buying section. Just post a new topic with a very clear title. WTB is short for want to buy, so you could write something like "WTB Mega Man 6 Capcom USA-G6-USA Variant" and put in a price you're willing to pay. You're allowed to bump your thread once per day, so you can pop into the site everyday at the same time, and post a reply to your thread that says "bump" this will bring your thread up to the top of the list so more people can see it. You may need to do this for a while before a copy turns up for you but its worth a try 🙂

6 hours ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

Currently the best place to post a “bounty” would be either on our community forums in the “Buying” forum, or one of the many Buy/Sell/Trade groups on Facebook.

Be advised though, places like Facebook are somewhat predatory. once you post a bounty that instantly becomes the “zero point” meaning you will only have people coming to you with offers HIGHER than what you posted, and you also may create additional competition for this item since people want what other people want.

The reddit community is or less an entry level community of people either just rediscovering the NES, or casual collectors. That isn’t a bad thing at all, but you’re not likely to get the help you want from there.

Ill be honest, I think only a couple people own copies of that game here as well. You certainly picked a hard game to hunt!

I appreciate all your help, I really do...i will think about the bounty thing, you bring up some good points about that...I know its pretty rare and I have a monumental task ahead of me to find one, but if I dont at least try it will haunt me and thanks to people like you I get closer and closer to it every day...the next hurdle is what on earth is it even worth haha...I guess it's worth what someone is willing to give it up for...I'm hoping the person that has one is willing to trade something they have never had for it...I have a few rare items myself that I can put on the table that other serious collectors have never been able to acquire....I will give the bounty thing some thought and if I decide yes I will post it on here in that section you recommended in the next day...thank you again and your experience and help us ALWAYS welcome