IGNORED

Collections accomplishments in 2020

13 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

What made you give up on the N64? I considered picking up more of the games I had as a kid but it seems like I can't catch a break. 

A bunch of reasons including what you said. First it was when an English translation was announced for Densha de Go 64 and I realized that I really want to play it on original hardware which necessitates an Everdrive. Also my original collection from childhood was in pretty bad shape and I'm really obsessive about having everything complete which would have necessitated spending decent coin to upgrade and replace stuff. Which I wouldn't mind if N64 collecting was my focus, but it's not. I did manage to land a couple games in great condition (Wipeout 64 and Mario Tennis) which I debated keeping but then it was like, why bother if I'm not going to keep pursuing it? The tipping point was when I made a really big trade for a not great condition complete Snowboard Kids and then realized I had given up over $200 worth of stuff for a game that wasn't worth $200 in the condition I had it, and I still didn't have some of the high priority games I wanted to get for other platforms. Then there was a Black Friday deal on the Everdrive X7 and I was like "it is time." And yeah, N64 collecting isn't fun, because I never see any deals on the stuff. Even with something like GameCube I've been able to find some local deals occasionally but N64? Forget it. And I could just say "well I'm going to collect loose games instead" but again, not my focus so why bother putting in that kind of effort? And finally, I just don't even have space for N64 games. I had them in a box that I was shuffling around my house. They had to go. 

I made about $1k after all was said and done selling off my N64 collection and will make maybe $250 selling off Mario Party 1 + 2 + 3 when I get around to that, which at this point is just me offsetting some of the stupid amounts I've spent on other stuff. And hopefully this weekend I can set up my Everdrive finally 🙂

If you decide to continue forging ahead with N64 collecting I would say don't be discouraged. The games keep gaining value so whatever money you put in you could probably get back if you decide to sell later on. My advice is just be a stickler about condition, don't waste your money on junk, even if you are going for cart-only make sure the carts are minty. HTH. 

• Like 3

On 1/9/2021 at 10:10 AM, MiamiSlice said:

A bunch of reasons including what you said. First it was when an English translation was announced for Densha de Go 64 and I realized that I really want to play it on original hardware which necessitates an Everdrive. Also my original collection from childhood was in pretty bad shape and I'm really obsessive about having everything complete which would have necessitated spending decent coin to upgrade and replace stuff. Which I wouldn't mind if N64 collecting was my focus, but it's not. I did manage to land a couple games in great condition (Wipeout 64 and Mario Tennis) which I debated keeping but then it was like, why bother if I'm not going to keep pursuing it? The tipping point was when I made a really big trade for a not great condition complete Snowboard Kids and then realized I had given up over $200 worth of stuff for a game that wasn't worth $200 in the condition I had it, and I still didn't have some of the high priority games I wanted to get for other platforms. Then there was a Black Friday deal on the Everdrive X7 and I was like "it is time." And yeah, N64 collecting isn't fun, because I never see any deals on the stuff. Even with something like GameCube I've been able to find some local deals occasionally but N64? Forget it. And I could just say "well I'm going to collect loose games instead" but again, not my focus so why bother putting in that kind of effort? And finally, I just don't even have space for N64 games. I had them in a box that I was shuffling around my house. They had to go. 

I made about $1k after all was said and done selling off my N64 collection and will make maybe $250 selling off Mario Party 1 + 2 + 3 when I get around to that, which at this point is just me offsetting some of the stupid amounts I've spent on other stuff. And hopefully this weekend I can set up my Everdrive finally 🙂

If you decide to continue forging ahead with N64 collecting I would say don't be discouraged. The games keep gaining value so whatever money you put in you could probably get back if you decide to sell later on. My advice is just be a stickler about condition, don't waste your money on junk, even if you are going for cart-only make sure the carts are minty. HTH. 

I agree with basically all of this lol I was well on my way to completing all my childhood collection games CIB before the pandemic. I was particularly frustrated with the N64 stuff bc it's the system I had been focusing on the least and the prices went absolutely insane across-the-board.

Pokemon snap selling for $150 completely put me on the sidelines. Like you said, I could knock out 2-4 other CIB games on my wanted list for the cost of a popular, best seller on N64

I actually considered rounding out the set with JPN games since they're a legit fraction of a price. Since I have a Everdrive64 and the HDMI mod, all the games are strictly for display purposes in my office. Maybe when prices calm down I could justify some of the new prices, or if my salary triples lol Until then, I just try to watch for auctions with false hopes 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, MrWunderful said:

If you are still interested I might cut loose with a chunk of my collection for that player price. Cart only though

Aghh I'm looking for CIB now. I have at least all the carts I want. I've been slowly upgrading but recently just got priced out. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1