IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
47 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I wanted to ask if the Doom 64 version on the Nintendo Switch is faithful to the original and whether it would count towards completion?

From what I can tell, it has no changes other than graphical/framerate improvements. So I'd count it.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Got this in today, what are the requirements @Splain😊

Nice, that looks like a really clean copy!

There's a mission mode in the game, go ahead and complete all the missions to unlock a secret mission. I'd say finishing the secret mission is a good requirement, there aren't any credits to be seen anywhere. The secret mission itself is basically credits though. 😄

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Splain said:

Nice, that looks like a really clean copy!

There's a mission mode in the game, go ahead and complete all the missions to unlock a secret mission. I'd say finishing the secret mission is a good requirement, there aren't any credits to be seen anywhere. The secret mission itself is basically credits though. 😄

Ya, she got a few dings, but the sticker is pretty nice and the pins are pretty clean as well 🙂  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Splain said:

go ahead and complete all the missions to unlock a secret mission. 

He says so nonchalantly as if he is just asking @Jeevanto run up the road for a quick errand. Just go ahead and do all those missions and report back lol. Do not be fooled, some of those missions are really frigggin tough! Such a good game though. You will have fun with it. And if you do complete all the missions, you will get good enough to school anyone foolish enough to challenge you at multi-player worms

• Haha 2

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 117/303
Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

He says so nonchalantly as if he is just asking @Jeevanto run up the road for a quick errand. Just go ahead and do all those missions and report back lol. Do not be fooled, some of those missions are really frigggin tough! Such a good game though. You will have fun with it. And if you do complete all the missions, you will get good enough to school anyone foolish enough to challenge you at multi-player worms

I tried playing this game last year, since I poured tons of hours into Worms 2 on PC as a kid. I got... not very far through the missions lol. But @Jeevan can surely bang em out.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 118/303
Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

Playing mischief makers today, very enjoyable game, hope to complete it pretty quickly kuz I played it just last year, on keyboard and emulation, so it is going much smoother on actual hardware 😊.  Love it, one of my favorites recently discovered!

"Shake shake"

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Mishchief Makers done!!!!  Been at it for awhile, and been having to baby my N64 along 😞  I think my power supply is on the fritz so i am in the order of trying to get a new one.  Anyone ever have it just randomly freeze on you?  It is an aftermarket one so I figure that is the problem.  I cleaned the n64 up last year and all the games seem to have good pins that are freezing, even my worms cart that the pins look immaculate in.  I am holding off on playing anything further, just figured I would beat this today.  Hopefully i can get back into it next week guys!!!!

The only reason it is aftermarket is cuz i couldn't find my OG power supply when I went to play it last year.  Any recommendations on aftermarket ps?  Or are oem the way to go?

LAYSIlv.jpg

W7pkXVL.jpg

• Like 3

I started my playthrough of Doom 64 yesterday and got to level 13. It's actually my first time ever playing a Doom game (believe it or not) and I'm having a lot of fun so far. It's just quite challenging and some levels can be insane mazes. Anyway, I got another game in the mail today, that I used to play a lot at a friends house back in the day. This will probably be my next project:

20210225_144058_2.jpg

• Like 4

Figured I would pop in and let everyone know Im still slowly working on pod racer. First time around, I forgot all about pit droids. Apparently, they are really important. Had to start a new game even though I went pretty deep in it the first time, but my upgrades were all screwed up. This time I bought all the pit droids early and did my research on upgrades, so its been much smoother sailing. I will continue to make an effort and see if I can get this thing done 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, FireHazard51 said:

soon.....

ACtC-3eiGiRPLE7u2kOTT4Iv30myZ2Uf8t6okXjf

Only problem is my converter from N64 to USB is on a boat somewhere in the Pacific and won't arrive for like 3 weeks.  Maybe I can tackle a game I actually own though.....

I have a retro brawler controller. One thing I noticed with it is. The control stick has a smaller range of movement, than the Nintendo controller. Making games like Conker, Mario, and, Golden Eye harder to play. 

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 119/303
Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, McBryce said:

It got dragged pretty hard back in the day but I just played it for 3 hours straight and it’s really not that bad.

The only annoying thing is the random encounter rate sometimes.

Last year it crashed for me as I approached the end of the longest dungeon in the game. THAT was painful lol. Still, I soldiered on. 

I finally beat Doom 64. Really good game and it still holds up. I loved the weapon selection, the atmosphere and the crazy action. However, I'm not a big fan of platforming sections in FPS games. I already disliked them in Turok and they're only slightly better here. Also, sometimes it was very confusing where I had to go or to figure out what certain switches did. It's not very intuitive in every level and I struggled in some. Next up is Hexen, which at first glance doesn't seem to be nowhere near as good as Doom 64. But we'll see.

2053820164_Doom64.jpg.4166c71efa00f57e0268f4724c95e42c.jpg

• Like 5