IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

On 1/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, Gloves said:

I still haven't played Tooie, despite having loved the 1st game when it came out.

Fun fact, I beat Tooie before I even knew Kazooie existed as a kid. Then I had Kazooie to go back and beat! To this day I still love Tooie more and consider it in my top 5 N64 titles.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

I was gonna wait, but it was hard fought enough that I am proud of my yankees victory!!!!!

all-star baseball 2000 done.  I must say i could play a season of these they are very nice.  I actually think they are decent games.  Anyways, on to the kobe games.  I am decent at them, ill play a short season then playoffs since someone seems to think skipping to the playoffs is lame and cheaty, no names........yes im bitter, no im not sorry for saying so, fuck 'em.

Anyways, ❤️ this thread, lets keep it up boys!!!!!

EItyRge.jpg

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted

I'm slowly chipping away at buck bumble btw, and haven't put up forsaken 64 yet, i will play that as well if i get the time, but i will play kobe 1 this friday, and kobe 2 on sunday me thinks, and maybe finish buck bumble in between the kobe games 🙂  gonna be fun, i remember kobe courtside as a kid, still have my childhood copy, kobe 2 i never played, but have a copy now so look forward to it.

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I'm slowly chipping away at buck bumble btw, and haven't put up forsaken 64 yet, i will play that as well if i get the time, but i will play kobe 1 this friday, and kobe 2 on sunday me thinks, and maybe finish buck bumble in between the kobe games 🙂  gonna be fun, i remember kobe courtside as a kid, still have my childhood copy, kobe 2 i never played, but have a copy now so look forward to it.

FYI if you get motion sickness, Forsaken can really fuck you up.

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, OptOut said:

True dat, but it's definitely a good game tho! Soundtrack is especially good if you like that classic late-90's techno sound! 😉

Oh for sure; I love the game and the soundtrack is excellent. It's just unfortunate that as an adult I've grown more susceptible to motion sickness.

• Sad 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, bronzeshield said:

I bought that game, played it for about 2 minutes, and then put it on the shelf. Haven't touched it since. I could tell right away that it was going to lay me out.

well that sux, hopefully it wont be bad for me.  🤞  I have never gotten motion sick so we will see.......

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 132/303
Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, themisfit138 said:

I had a little setback yesterday. My memory card wiped when I was in the middle of a save.

After that I decided to give Ogre Battle a try.  That game plays weird. I don’t think I am going to get very far in it, but it looked nice. Oh well, back to what I was playing I guess. 

That sux buddy 😞  Hope u can get back to where u were in a timely manner.  I was thinking bout ogre battle because i love those types of games, but i haven't yet, imma try to knock out sporty ball games for now, get them dwindled down.

Imma try to knock out buck bumble tomorrow before game night, maybe tonight even, who knows.......Then onto forsaken and kobe 2 maybe.  Kobe 2 for sure, we will see if forsaken doesn't forsake me 😛 

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 134/303

Quest 64 complete.

Really enjoyed it overall. Navigation took a while to get used to, especially in Cull Hazard. The insane encounter rate made me escape more battles than I normally do during RPGs. Rock is way overpowered, Magic Barrier and Avalanche made most bosses trivial. I might try it again focusing on fire, but I can only imagine how difficult this would make the game. Really liked it and I'm glad I was finally able to take it down. I think I will make Goemon's Great Adventure my next project.

image.png.a88710e0df4dd045906df702138f02ef.png

image.png.ee90660c4e3b5ac56b97ad2a805470b2.png

image.png.e74b7ff915227e9c37a874f194a31819.png

image.png.11df4b644423682df28836368a1142b5.png

• Like 9

7 hours ago, OptOut said:

What memory card you using? OEM or 3rd party?

BBD6EDA6-D3EA-4DE2-95EA-18EA3A7C8DCB.jpeg.1373cfc86c5b172e85819405de4e7b00.jpeg

I am using one of these memory cards. The dump happened when I was playing Gex3. I was swapping out the rumble pack and memory card. Just didn’t have the card seated properly, I guess. I got a card corrupt warning. Then all the files were gone when I retried it. 

8 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

BBD6EDA6-D3EA-4DE2-95EA-18EA3A7C8DCB.jpeg.1373cfc86c5b172e85819405de4e7b00.jpeg

I am using one of these memory cards. The dump happened when I was playing Gex3. I was swapping out the rumble pack and memory card. Just didn’t have the card seated properly, I guess. I got a card corrupt warning. Then all the files were gone when I retried it. 

Ah yeah, those ones are notoriously unreliable. Generally speaking, what you want is the OEMs, however, I have had really good luck with the Joy Tech ones:

image.png.6105853331436b30a739f9c612b4b422.png

Best thing about these is they have a replaceable battery, so as soon as you buy one you can chuck a new battery in it and you should be good for another 20 years! 😅

• Like 1