IGNORED

Post your collecting goals for 2021

Great thread. Here are my goals: 

• Complete Nintendo Power set. After making a lot of progress in 2020, on something I never thought would be possible, I have about 60 issues left to go and I'm going to commit to doing this before the year is over. It won't be a mint set, there likely won't be an EON ticket or other Pokemon cards in it, but it will be the whole series. 
  • Continue collecting for Switch - not much to say here
  • Complete the Mario Party collection - technically I finished this last week, just waiting for the last game to arrive
  • Acquire Kirby's Dream Land 2
  • Acquire Warioland 4 to complete the Super Mario Land / Wario Land set
  • Acquire an Etrian Odyssey Nexus cart to complete the Etrian Odyssey set
  • Complete some other series like Ace Attorney, Korg across DS and Switch, every Sonic game on Nintendo consoles, Style Savvy, Cooking Mama and her spin-offs, etc. etc. 
  • Focus on strategy guides - I wasn't taking these seriously before COVID-mania started, now there are some that are really hard to find which I wish I had picked up before. Highest priority is Gotcha Force. 
  • Focus on unusual stuff - Been really enjoying picking up obscure variants lately, really don't need to be buying a lot of games this year, instead I'm chasing down some stuff I won't mention til I have 'em. Basically just looking for under the radar stuff, especially Nintendo-related. 
Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, Galdius said:

I have just a few goals because I feel like I don't really have a focus right now.

1) Reach 4000 games in the collection (I'm at almost 3600 right now);

2) Reach 350 3DS games (I'm at 300 games right now);

3) Complete the Brazilian GBA set (I'm missing just 1 manual but this is more a luck thing than money since I've been looking for a CIB copy of this game for more than one year and have yet to find it);

I didn't expect to complete a goal so fast into the year but the 1 manual that I was missing for the Brazilian GBA set came into my hands this week and so I've completed this set. 

I bought a Japanese Mega Drive game from a store and asked if they also had GBA manuals. The guy told me that had several, I asked abou the one that I wanted. He told me to wait a few days while he checked. 3 days later he sent me a picture of the manual. We agreed on the price (US$10) and the post office took 1 week to deliver it but it was worth it.

• Like 3

I got awful close to completing the NA DS collection in 2020, so I definitely want to finish that. I also am about 100 games off a mostly complete 3DS collection so I may shoot for those as well. 

After that, I'm kind of running out of collecting goals beyond picking up whatever Switch games I want to play as they are released. Suggestions welcome! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2

My main goal for this year is to get my game room set up and in order (just been a storage area for us while we remodeled for the past few years)

Side goals are to get my Mario display statue restored.

Add at least 3 more CIB handheld systems to the collection. Eventually I'd like to get a sealed set of all the handhelds graded. 

And finally to stay on budget and not go to quick with collecting. Before I feel like I bought to much and didn't take the time to enjoy the games and it eventually burnt me out on having things just sitting around. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cgfeelit said:

My main goal for this year is to get my game room set up and in order (just been a storage area for us while we remodeled for the past few years)

Add at least 3 more CIB handheld systems to the collection. Eventually I'd like to get a sealed set of all the handhelds graded. 

And finally to stay on budget and not go to quick with collecting. Before I feel like I bought to much and didn't take the time to enjoy the games and it eventually burnt me out on having things just sitting around. 

I can understand that feel. I'm a bit worried that I'll burn myself as well, but then again being able to display an impressive library I think will be a massive source of pride. I'm sure once your game room is set up at version 1 (cause we both know that's a Neverending project) you'll feel a bit different. You should definitely do a before during and after set of pictures. I'd love to see it! It'll give me ideas for my media room

11 hours ago, cgfeelit said:

Check out this thread for shelving ideas and to share yours! Looking forward to seeing the game room!

No goals really other than to sell off a bunch of stuff I don't play. PS1 RPGs are going for silly money and selling fast so some of those have already been dropped (Thousand Arms, Vanguard Bandits and so on).

I'll probably concentrate on picking up some PC parts where I can find them cheap. I'm quite interesting in getting a Raspberry Pi to use with mt32-pi and just mess around with.

• Like 1