IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You must have gotten fairly close at 7 loops. It seems like it took me either 8 or 9 to max the score. Contra is definitely a top 5 NES game for me too.

I think my top 5 would be something like Tetris, Marble Madness, Contra, Ninja Gaiden and Batman.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 3:03 PM, NESfiend said:

This is one that @scaryice usually completes. Thats probably why it has a low point total. He usually hammers it out early. I remember hearing there is some sort of shortcut where the game can be beat in 10 or 15 minutes if you know what to do/where to go. 

I've looked on Youtube and it appears there's a way to cheese the timer and get the the 30th floor faster to end the game. The game is terrible IMO. It's too bad because I want to like it. The advanced mode is just straight up unfair. Don't think I'm gonna be able to clear that.

2 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Another year, another playthrough of Rad Racer II.

Rad Racer II.jpg

You put me out of my misery. I tried a couple nights this week and kept dying on level 7. I had cleared it once years back when I first got it and played it to death, so I wouldnt even have got the 1st time clear satisfaction. Its a really fun game, but was frustrating me geting stuck. I was debating about taking a break and playing something else and Im relieved the debate is over. Nicely done!

1 minute ago, WashYourFace said:

Nice job. I would say Rainbow Islands is an "undiscovered gem" of an NES game, even though there are not really any undiscovered ones.

Thank you! I’d have to agree, I had this one growing up but I do still feel it’s not super widely known. It’s a great game, I love the numerous other Taito references throughout and the challenge picks up nicely throughout. 

I'm playing a boy and his blob. This game was like a riddle,  wrapped in an enigma when I was 7 years old. I could make it to the blobs planet but couldn't get past the cherry bombs. I never thought to shoot them with the vitablaster. When you have the vitablaster on earth you can't use it, which is lame as hell, it never even crossed my mind to use it again later on. That shit was very cryptic and I spent countless hours going in circles with this game. I plan on completing this once and for all tomorrow. 😎👍🏻

• Like 1