Jump to content
IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 614/677


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AHOY! I've finished Pirates!- this game and uncharted waters are very similar.  For me pirates was harder to get into but after reading about the scoring conditions it's much easier to complete t

Morning everyone qbert is done  

My balls have been busted.....All over the dragonlord and then the princess Thanks for letting me do this guys, and I will contribute more later when I get some backlog done!!!! Also, pics c

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, WashYourFace said:

Wow! Close! Are all the remaining ones super hard? Or just random? I'm only at about 35%.

I've worked REALLY hard to get most of the ones I was worried about out of the way. Recently finished Ikari Warriors and Q*Bert. The last 2 games that I have any worries about are Championship Pool (which @BeaIankhas graciously offered to help with) and Mutant Virus. Feels like if I can get those 2 beaten it would just be a matter of time after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

I've worked REALLY hard to get most of the ones I was worried about out of the way. Recently finished Ikari Warriors and Q*Bert. The last 2 games that I have any worries about are Championship Pool (which @BeaIankhas graciously offered to help with) and Mutant Virus. Feels like if I can get those 2 beaten it would just be a matter of time after that.

Well if it makes you feel better, even I beat Championship Pool. It isn't easy, but not as hard as a lot of other games. Mutant Virus is a bitch, though.

Edited by WashYourFace
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

I've worked REALLY hard to get most of the ones I was worried about out of the way. Recently finished Ikari Warriors and Q*Bert. The last 2 games that I have any worries about are Championship Pool (which @BeaIankhas graciously offered to help with) and Mutant Virus. Feels like if I can get those 2 beaten it would just be a matter of time after that.

Would love to see you take down Mutant Virus for the thread this year. Any others left on your list and this one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • scaryice changed the title to NES Completions thread 2021 - 575/677
Events Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

I've worked REALLY hard to get most of the ones I was worried about out of the way. Recently finished Ikari Warriors and Q*Bert. The last 2 games that I have any worries about are Championship Pool (which @BeaIankhas graciously offered to help with) and Mutant Virus. Feels like if I can get those 2 beaten it would just be a matter of time after that.

Oh boy... Mutant Virus is a major chore.
The last level requires the proper use of the super gun and of the counter measures and it takes effing forever.
Moving your character around the screen feels pretty unnatural too.
You will need some serious patience with that one.
That one is truly the last major hurdle for you to achieve your mission.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WashYourFace said:

Well if it makes you feel better, even I beat Championship Pool. It isn't easy, but not as hard as a lot of other games. Mutant Virus is a bitch, though.

I put about 30 hours into it a few years back and only had a couple runs that even got close. After hearing from you guys I think maybe I was missing something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Strikezone1 said:

Wow, very nice! 
 

Just curious, you list 669 as the total, but the total on this thread is always 667. What is the difference between the 2?

677 (not 667) is the total number of unique carts on the system. Once you remove the duplicate games though (SMB/DH, World Class Track Meet, DK Classics, etc) you're left with 669 unique games to play. Only difference between my list is I'm including the non-game stuff like Miracle Piano and Taboo.

Edited by Crabmaster2000
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Only about 6-7 left that crossover. I'm prioritizing them though. Started working on Solstice last night.

I was just looking at Solstice last night (just watching videos of gameplay) and considering starting it myself. It looks like a lot of fun, I'll probably start playing it soon too, regardless of points.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bearcat-Doug Yeah, Fun House isn't bad per se, but I thought that some of the later levels can get quite frustrating. Sometimes you only have one attempt to shoot certain discs or the time limit is so short that you basically have to know the layout beforehand in order to have a realistic chance. Maybe it would have been better if the levels had a map or something like that.

Also, at this point I'm just trying to find any game at all that I can still beat. The selection of games is getting smaller and smaller after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

@Bearcat-Doug Yeah, Fun House isn't bad per se, but I thought that some of the later levels can get quite frustrating. Sometimes you only have one attempt to shoot certain discs or the time limit is so short that you basically have to know the layout beforehand in order to have a realistic chance. Maybe it would have been better if the levels had a map or something like that.

Also, at this point I'm just trying to find any game at all that I can still beat. The selection of games is getting smaller and smaller after all.

Same here. Fun House was the last game left that I had finished before. There are only a few left that I've even played before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

677 (not 667) is the total number of unique carts on the system. Once you remove the duplicate games though (SMB/DH, World Class Track Meet, DK Classics, etc) you're left with 669 unique games to play. Only difference between my list is I'm including the non-game stuff like Miracle Piano and Taboo.

Ahh, my bad, I totally misread that, not sure how I was thinking 667 when it clearly says 677 on this annual thread, lol. Thanks for clarifying. Makes perfect sense the 677 minus 8 duplicate games.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Crabmaster2000 what kind of pace did you run with completing those games, and how long have you been going?  I've always toyed with the notion of trying to do the same thing. I don't think I'll ever come close though. I'm like at a 10 new nes games/year pace at best.  I think it'd take me about 50 years at this point. 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

@Crabmaster2000 what kind of pace did you run with completing those games, and how long have you been going?  I've always toyed with the notion of trying to do the same thing. I don't think I'll ever come close though. I'm like at a 10 new nes games/year pace at best.  I think it'd take me about 50 years at this point. 🤣

I started in October 2011, BUT I took a nearly 5 year hiatus to open a business and have my second child. Assuming I can finish by October 2021 I'd say I actively worked on the goal for pretty much 5 years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Went to type in the website to tell you guys I beat Solstice and I instinctively typed in Nintendoage and made myself sad 😞

Solstice - Ending.JPG

Congrats, Crabby! What's next for ya?

I did the first two areas of Lone Ranger last night and had a putrid run on Shadow of the Ninja. I'm hoping to play a little tonight, because I'll probably be out of the house (and away from my consoles) for most of the weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Congrats, Crabby! What's next for ya?

I did the first two areas of Lone Ranger last night and had a putrid run on Shadow of the Ninja. I'm hoping to play a little tonight, because I'll probably be out of the house (and away from my consoles) for most of the weekend.

Not sure yet. Thinking maybe crossing off another flight sim.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Started working on Ultimate Air Combat tonight.

That's one that frustrates the hell out of me, because there's one level in the middle I can't make it past. I forget which one. Other people don't seem to have too much of a problem with it, though, so I must be doing something dumb. Other than that, it's not too bad. Good luck!

Edited by WashYourFace
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • scaryice changed the title to NES Completions thread 2021 - 614/677

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...