Jump to content
IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 614/677


Recommended Posts

Goal Two beaten. I've gotten to the point where I can beat this one in 30 minutes, so that's quite an easy 9 points for me. The key is to do long shots outside the box, curve them a little bit, and just score off the rebounds. And of course setting the matches to one minute halves.

w3wKBxU.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AHOY! I've finished Pirates!- this game and uncharted waters are very similar.  For me pirates was harder to get into but after reading about the scoring conditions it's much easier to complete t

Morning everyone qbert is done  

My balls have been busted.....All over the dragonlord and then the princess Thanks for letting me do this guys, and I will contribute more later when I get some backlog done!!!! Also, pics c

Posted Images

  • scaryice changed the title to NES Completions thread 2021 - 429/677
9 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Nicely done! I love that game, but I never get passed level 5. One day I need to get around to beating it, but its definitely not easy. The colorful happy feel makes you think it would be, but it gets really tough. 

World 5 used to hang me up as a kid, now it’s world 6 that usually messes with me. Cindy is the toughest boss, in my opinion. The challenge ramps nicely though. 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, scaryice said:

Goal Two beaten. I've gotten to the point where I can beat this one in 30 minutes, so that's quite an easy 9 points for me. The key is to do long shots outside the box, curve them a little bit, and just score off the rebounds. And of course setting the matches to one minute halves.

w3wKBxU.png

Rough timing - I was two victories away from clearing it when I called it a night. 1 minute halves is impressive. I started out at 2 min halves and had some 0-0 ties becuase I didnt score in time. Upped to 3 min and that gave me enough time to get 2 or 3 scores in most games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Rough timing - I was two victories away from clearing it when I called it a night. 1 minute halves is impressive. I started out at 2 min halves and had some 0-0 ties becuase I didnt score in time. Upped to 3 min and that gave me enough time to get 2 or 3 scores in most games. 

I had two draws in the group stage (which didn't matter), and then one shootout loss in the SF or QF. When I played the game years ago, I used to just rely on going to shootout and praying for good luck. But the rebound trick makes it a lot easier and fun.

Feel free to do Goal 1 if you like!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BriGuy82 said:

I never played that one, so I'm missing the nostalgia factor unfortunately. But I know @arch_8ngeland @guillavoie swear by that game. So it's on my list... maybe next year! Lol 

I hadn't played it until a few years ago. I seriously couldn't put it down and finished it in two days. It's that good.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WashYourFace said:

Still some easy 7 pointers out there for somebody. Heroes of the Lance takes maybe 20 minutes to beat. And Battleship... why the heck is that 7 points? Should be more like 2.

Those are both relatively easy, yes. I'll probably do HotL in the next couple of days unless someone beats me to it.

Heroes of the Lance is the sort of game that you have to hug a walkthrough to get through semi-painlessly. And that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Battleship is just too fucking long. It's what, 35 or 40 missions? And if you don't get a lucky shot on the submarine once it's introduced, those missions just take foreverrrrrrrrrr. But since I'm apparently a masochist, I've been thinking about starting this one in the next week or two unless someone wants to get a first-time clear on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Those are both relatively easy, yes. I'll probably do HotL in the next couple of days unless someone beats me to it.

Heroes of the Lance is the sort of game that you have to hug a walkthrough to get through semi-painlessly. And that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Battleship is just too fucking long. It's what, 35 or 40 missions? And if you don't get a lucky shot on the submarine once it's introduced, those missions just take foreverrrrrrrrrr. But since I'm apparently a masochist, I've been thinking about starting this one in the next week or two unless someone wants to get a first-time clear on it.

True, if you play Heroes of the Lance without already knowing the way, or using a walkthrough, it's pretty rough. I don't find Battleship too painful to go through, maybe I'm just a Battleship fanatic. Or maybe I've been desensitized by other games like 10,000 innings of baseball.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scaryice said:

I had two draws in the group stage (which didn't matter), and then one shootout loss in the SF or QF. When I played the game years ago, I used to just rely on going to shootout and praying for good luck. But the rebound trick makes it a lot easier and fun.

Feel free to do Goal 1 if you like!

You can win shootouts? I have never figured out how to stop a shot during the shootouts. Thats actually why I put more time on the clock. I had to make sure I get a goal every time because a tie ends up being a loss. Never played goal 1. May get there later, but probably going to start on dusty diamond tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Bandit Kings of Ancient China. It was quite a bit different than other KOEI games I've played so it took me a while longer to really figure out the actual objective of the game. Thankfully it wasn't very challenging, just longer and a bit more tedious than it needed to be. 

I need a little break from Strategy, but I'll take a look at the list here and see if there aren't a couple games no one else wants to play that are still on my list as well. 

Bandit Kings - Ending.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

@Crabmaster2000 Wow, nice work! Which scenario did you choose?

I think it has the highest learning curve of any of the NES Koei games, so I can see why you'd need a break.

I went with the 4th Scenario so there wouldn't be any ambiguity. Initially I thought I was doing it correctly and then after MANY hours realized I wasn't quite sure how to gain enough popularity to qualify for the Imperial Edict and ended up looking it up. I was pretty close so it just took a couple more in game years to earn it and then it was quick and easy. The only other KOEI game that took me as long to get a good grasp on was L'Empereur. The rest are much more straight forward. I'll likely play Uncharted Waters later this year too, but gonna up the pace of at least the next few games I play before jumping into another RPG or strategy game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • scaryice changed the title to NES Completions thread 2021 - 614/677

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...