IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

14 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Years of playing billiards irl and abusing the games physics.
You look at the table, at the shot you called and you will have a knack to know exactly what spin and power to put in it to do the shot.

How did you deal with the random element though? Getting uses to the shots and spins is all fine, but there seemed to be like a 20% chance that the ball would not go where you wanted it to through no fault of your own and a miss in the last 2 matches will cause the computer to clear the table. 

Events Team · Posted
38 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

How did you deal with the random element though? Getting uses to the shots and spins is all fine, but there seemed to be like a 20% chance that the ball would not go where you wanted it to through no fault of your own and a miss in the last 2 matches will cause the computer to clear the table. 

As I told you by PM, next weekend I will redo my run and record the last and most annoying matches to show how to deal with that. 🙂

• Wow! 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Burai Fighter is clear!

The end screen for easy-mode is pretty disappointing, but I'm still happy to have finished this one. There's a lot to like about Burai Fighter, especially the multi-direction scrolling and the Bosconian-esque overhead levels. Thanks again for the ring-shot strategy @Strikezone1 - worked like a charm!

-CasualCart

1004551967_BuraiFighterClear.jpg.ab388b55d30aab45443ed2ade3b3b8d6.jpg

• Like 1

New completions

(since beginning of year and today)

Adventure island II

Adventure island III

Adventures of lolo III

Alien 3

All pro basketball

Bases loaded

Bases loaded II

Bases loaded III

Bases loaded IV

Dig dug II

GI Joe

Goal!

Goal! Two

Hook

Joe & Mack

Last ninja

M.U.L.E.

Metal storm

NARC

Paperboy 2

Racket attack

Rad racer II

Ren & Stimpy show: Buckaroo$

Robocop 2

Robocop 3

Star soldier

Strider

Tecmo bowl

Thunder & lightning 

Willow 

Yo! Noid 

46 minutes ago, Mae247 said:

New completions

(since beginning of year and today)

Adventure island II

Adventure island III

Adventures of lolo III

Alien 3

All pro basketball

Bases loaded

Bases loaded II

Bases loaded III

Bases loaded IV

Dig dug II

GI Joe

Goal!

Goal! Two

Hook

Joe & Mack

Last ninja

M.U.L.E.

Metal storm

NARC

Paperboy 2

Racket attack

Rad racer II

Ren & Stimpy show: Buckaroo$

Robocop 2

Robocop 3

Star soldier

Strider

Tecmo bowl

Thunder & lightning 

Willow 

Yo! Noid 

Did you play all of these up to the conditions required in scary's third post? (Link posted below)

https://pastebin.com/ADXEAdn3

Several of those sports games have very long season modes (All Pro Basketball, most of the Bases Loaded series, I think the Goals...) that require 10+ hours of grinding through dozens of games. Even Tecmo Bowl makes you run the gauntlet and beat every other team in the game, making it a few-hour-long experience.

Most of those action games seem straightforward, but I know that Paperboy 2 requires three weeks to see the true ending (and that is required here).

9 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Did you play all of these up to the conditions required in scary's third post? (Link posted below)

https://pastebin.com/ADXEAdn3

Several of those sports games have very long season modes (All Pro Basketball, most of the Bases Loaded series, I think the Goals...) that require 10+ hours of grinding through dozens of games. Even Tecmo Bowl makes you run the gauntlet and beat every other team in the game, making it a few-hour-long experience.

Most of those action games seem straightforward, but I know that Paperboy 2 requires three weeks to see the true ending (and that is required here).

Bases loaded 1, 2, 4 have 225 regular season games alone. This is concerning for the long list marked complete from yesterday also. Even assuming he/she misunderstood rules for sports titles, the amount of new games supposedly completed in one day and the difficulty and length of a lot of those titles? Cmon

I know you dont like it, nerdy, but end screenshots would help solve issues like that

6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Haha, dude says he's beaten all four Bases Loaded games in the first 11 days of the year!  Who are we to judge!!!!  Lolo 3 and Willow take a while too...

There is absolutely no way. I'm not too experienced with these games, but looking at TMR's NESMania sheet, it took him 120 hours to complete the bases loaded games, plus 30 for Lolo 3. That's 6 days' worth of gameplay in 11 days. Not including the other 27 games he has beaten this year.

I'm not saying anyone's lying or anything, must be a misunderstanding of what completing these games means.

• Like 1

Bases loaded pisses me off every year.

bases loaded 4 was honestly the longest play through by far for me.

for paperboy 2 maybe I misunderstood what was asked but I got through the last hard way with the final paper saying paperboy wins or something to that effect

WILLOW took me many hours to complete with no deaths.

Lolo 3 isn’t a ball buster like willow was though but still pisses me off

Edited by Mae247

1 minute ago, Khromak said:

There is absolutely no way. I'm not too experienced with these games, but looking at TMR's NESMania sheet, it took him 120 hours to complete the bases loaded games, plus 30 for Lolo 3. That's 6 days' worth of gameplay in 11 days. Not including the other 27 games he has beaten this year.

I'm not saying anyone's lying or anything, must be a misunderstanding of what completing these games means.

May have misunderstood for bases loaded then.

no need to lie here.

also, all these were not completed today.

19 minutes ago, Mae247 said:

I will just leave it to nerdy and you guys.

To be clear, in my opinion (not that in holds much weight either way) I still think it's important that you get credit for the ones you completed according to the guidelines, so it's important to figure out, game-by-game or at least for the longer ones, which ones were completed so you can get credit where credit is due.

It might be better handled through PM with someone who knows what they're talking about, or you can just check the sheet yourself and edit your original post with any (if there are any) games which you didn't meet the criteria for.

No sense throwing the Chubby Cherub out with the Bubble Babes bath water, or whatever the phrase is.

Edited by Khromak
  • Haha 1

I can appreciate that Lolo 3 would fall pretty fast if you knew what you were doing, and the same is true of the action games listed by Mae above. The part I have trouble with is Bases Loaded 1-2-4 and All-Pro Basketball, with lesser time sinks like Willow, Goal!, and Tecmo Bowl factored in proportionally. The BL games have 75ish game seasons as has been said. APB, which I've done several times for this thread, is 35 games and takes me something like 12-14 hours. plus writing down passwords. That's why I asked if Mae had actually played through the full season modes or had just made the mistake of winning single games and thinking that was sufficient.

I know I beat a lot of games this time of year, too. But I've been on vacation from work and picking on stuff I can do quickly. I think Bomberman II and maybe Code Name: Viper are the only ones I've spent more than two hours on; they can of course be beaten faster and I was hoping for that, but had sloppy runs on them. I've probably spent at least 60 hours of this new year with my AV Famicom and Everdrive, and I think that time commitment is consistent with the number and type of games I've beaten plus the fact that I already knew how to beat every single one of them when I started.

If Mae has as much free time as I do this time of year, I could believe beating a list that size with a couple of time sinks on it, but not with 5-6 of them this quickly. Unless Mae is some kind of android that doesn't need sleep...

But if it does come to requiring photos of end screen, I'll have to walk away from this thread. I don't emulate games, and I don't have a smart device to easily take pictures and share them to the Internet.

• Thanks 1