IGNORED

BST vs Classified Advert sections.. what's the point?

Luciobar1980

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Administrator · Posted

Options. 

If you post in the Classifieds section (https://www.videogamesage.com/classifieds/) it actually will auto-post a thread in the forum for discussion. IMO it's the ideal way to post your BST threads, but there's really no "right" way, just do whatever you feel like really. Neither is more "visible" than the other, both end up with a forum thread so people will see what you post.

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Oh.....maybe. I always see a sale thread and directly under it I see another with different wording. Same item, same user. This is when I check unread posts.

I mean yeah that's how it happens if you post in the Classified section I linked above. It's a different type of post though, and only one is a "thread".

13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I mean yeah that's how it happens if you post in the Classified section I linked above. It's a different type of post though, and only one is a "thread".

I may have used the wrong term. I'm seeing 2 rows in the list of unread topics when 2 of them are for the same thing.

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I may have used the wrong term. I'm seeing 2 rows in the list of unread topics when 2 of them are for the same thing.

Yeah that's right.

I'm not sure it's THAT annoying though - not a whole lot of people use the feature. Maybe if it was constantly flooding or something, but it's definitely not the case.

Just my opinion, but I don’t see the point of both either.

I’d rather just have the classifieds. You can add feedback easily, only one post for a sale instead of two, it is streamlined into one section instead of two and you get options in the classifieds that you don’t in a regular BST post. I feel like the BST is redundant now classifieds are available.