IGNORED

WTB: Sega 32x games to complete collection

Matthewnimmo

Hello everyone:

ive been downloading the Internet these days practically trying to find fair prices and hidden gems to finish off my collection. It seems like ive found some luck by being in the right place at the right time with some stores with some of my finds. Im mainly looking for cib, but im curious on what the community might have?

also, in another thread that ill post up after this one in the collectors discussion ill ask for your guys’ opinion on one games condition that ive just received. Pretty excited talking about game collecting these days!

my hit list

1) Blackthorne 

2) world series baseball: with deion sanders (ive got a loose cart. So might just be interested in cart and manual). But id be happy with cib if someone had one to sell

3) chaotix

4) tempo

5) t-mek

6) BC Racers 

7) wwf raw

***) spiderman (ive got this already believe it or not. With box and manual. My only problem is that someone had taken the original box and cut it to fit a clam shell case!!  Now it actually looks good but id prefer the entire box)

1) MK 2 cib or box and manual 

2) space harrier cib

3). Virtua fighter cib

4). Corpse killer cib

5). Night trap cib

6). Slam city cib

7). Fahrenheit cib

8 ) supreme warrior cib

thank you all!

Edited by Matthewnimmo

Unfortunately, I can't really help you because I don't have any plans to get rid of the small hand full of CIB 32x games I have, but I'm curious if you are going for the full US set, or the entire set since it's only a few extra games. Also, do you plan to get one of the reprint of Surgical Strike 32x?  I personally don't believe you need it to have a complete set, but it would be an interesting piece to have and I'm not sure that it even costs that much.  I have a friend with a complete set including the SS reprint.  Again, purely optional, but I think it looks cool with the set.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Unfortunately, I can't really help you because I don't have any plans to get rid of the small hand full of CIB 32x games I have, but I'm curious if you are going for the full US set, or the entire set since it's only a few extra games. Also, do you plan to get one of the reprint of Surgical Strike 32x?  I personally don't believe you need it to have a complete set, but it would be an interesting piece to have and I'm not sure that it even costs that much.  I have a friend with a complete set including the SS reprint.  Again, purely optional, but I think it looks cool with the set.   

Well im planning on just the US set. SS was released in Brazil and is a complete myth at this point. Id have to think about if i wanted any reprints in my collection at all. Id think it would bother me too much knowing it was a reprint, but who knows i may change my mind when i fully accept that only God knows where all the extra copies of the real SS exists lol. As far as the other non US titles, i can find only Fifa soccer and nothing else besides the same titles ive already got just printed in another region. Darxide is almost that same mythical unicorn like SS

thanks for the reply!  You going for a full set yourself or just enjoying what you have at the moment?

59 minutes ago, Matthewnimmo said:

Well im planning on just the US set. SS was released in Brazil and is a complete myth at this point. Id have to think about if i wanted any reprints in my collection at all. Id think it would bother me too much knowing it was a reprint, but who knows i may change my mind when i fully accept that only God knows where all the extra copies of the real SS exists lol. As far as the other non US titles, i can find only Fifa soccer and nothing else besides the same titles ive already got just printed in another region. Darxide is almost that same mythical unicorn like SS

thanks for the reply!  You going for a full set yourself or just enjoying what you have at the moment?

SS is confirmed but with only 2 known copies, I don't think anyone counts it as part of the official set.  But again, because the story is so interesting, I think the reprint is worth acquiring.  It's not the type of reprint that would sour a collection because of the known history.  There are only 3 other non-US games.  Darxide isn't that mythical from what I've seen, although it's pretty expensive.  Obviously you can do what you want, but considering the full set is only 3 more games and 1 reprint over a US set, if I were a set collector, I would be looking for those.  I'm not going for them myself because I'm not interested in a full set.  I just own the games I want, which is about half the full set.  

Another way to look at it is to go for the full US set.  Once you have it, if the hunt is still fun, you might as well go for the last 3.

5 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

SS is confirmed but with only 2 known copies, I don't think anyone counts it as part of the official set.  But again, because the story is so interesting, I think the reprint is worth acquiring.  It's not the type of reprint that would sour a collection because of the known history.  There are only 3 other non-US games.  Darxide isn't that mythical from what I've seen, although it's pretty expensive.  Obviously you can do what you want, but considering the full set is only 3 more games and 1 reprint over a US set, if I were a set collector, I would be looking for those.  I'm not going for them myself because I'm not interested in a full set.  I just own the games I want, which is about half the full set.  

Another way to look at it is to go for the full US set.  Once you have it, if the hunt is still fun, you might as well go for the last 3.

I may do that. The other 3 are Darxide, Fifa, and the japanses title correct?  Plus the unicorn from Brasil?

Any leads on where i can find those 3 and you mentioned i can get an SS reproduction somewhere?

anyhow thanks for your comments and any help

I’m a loose cart guy, and my set consists of the 31 USA releases, the 1 Japan exclusive (Romance of the 3 Kingdoms IV), and the 2 Euro exclusives (Darxide & FIFA Soccer ‘96)

However, in doing so, I accumulated several boxes and manuals that I set aside in my trade pile for years, which I would gladly sell. (whereby you would then only need to acquire a loose cart to complete them.)

Here is a pic of what I have. PM me if your interested in buying them.

ED33999F-95B4-48EE-A98E-BA4C253DB4D0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Supergun said:

I’m a loose cart guy, and my set consists of the 31 USA releases, the 1 Japan exclusive (Romance of the 3 Kingdoms IV), and the 2 Euro exclusives (Darxide & FIFA Soccer ‘96)

However, in doing so, I accumulated several boxes and manuals that I set aside in my trade pile for years, which I would gladly sell. (whereby you would then only need to acquire a loose cart to complete them.)

Here is a pic of what I have. PM me if your interested in buying them.

ED33999F-95B4-48EE-A98E-BA4C253DB4D0.jpeg

Wow you are a life saver!!  Sending PM now

3 hours ago, Matthewnimmo said:

I may do that. The other 3 are Darxide, Fifa, and the japanses title correct?  Plus the unicorn from Brasil?

Any leads on where i can find those 3 and you mentioned i can get an SS reproduction somewhere?

anyhow thanks for your comments and any help

You are correct about the 3 games (2 PAL and 1 JP).  Unfortunately, not too sure about those 3 outside of eBay or getting lucky in the wild.  I'll message my friend about the SS reprint and find out where he got it.  Hopefully it wasn't a one off thing.  I know they made several copies because I know multiple people who bought one, but that was probably 2 or 3 years ago.  

• Thanks 1

Oh, man, Supergun, had I known that you had a B.C. Racers box I would've totally hit you up for it -- it's one of only two I need (the other is Spider-Man, but I need the whole game anyway).

Enjoy, Matthewnimmo!

P.S. I do have an extra World Series Baseball 32X I keep meaning to sell -- have to figure out whether I want to keep the nice, pristine one or the more sunfaded one. 🙂 Crazy how high the prices have gotten on that game, and Web of Fire too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

Oh, man, Supergun, had I known that you had a B.C. Racers box I would've totally hit you up for it -- it's one of only two I need (the other is Spider-Man, but I need the whole game anyway).

Enjoy, Matthewnimmo!

P.S. I do have an extra World Series Baseball 32X I keep meaning to sell -- have to figure out whether I want to keep the nice, pristine one or the more sunfaded one. 🙂 Crazy how high the prices have gotten on that game, and Web of Fire too.

@Supergunif bronzeshield still needs BC Racer box go ahead and offer it to him before me. Just tonight i found a CIB one that is coming my way:). Might as well make him happy!

@bronzeshieldlet me know if you are willing to part ways with the World Series cib. I can even sell you back my cart version if you like;). But i get it. Tough choice!

• Thanks 1

@Matthewnimmo, that is incredibly kind of you re: BC Racers! I will absolutely take you up on that if @Supergunis willing.

(Supergun, you and I have done business before, long ago at AtariAge with happy results, so I'd gladly do so again. I might like to buy your Doom box too since mine is missing a piece. You don't have an extra Kolibri manual, by any chance? -- I ask, knowing the answer is "no"!)

I will definitely take a look at the WSB situation this week. My extra copy is just gathering dust (or it would be if I didn't have it in an envelope), so I really ought to sell it to someone who'd enjoy it, and I would gladly put you first in line for that. Would you be more interested in a cheaper sunfaded copy, or would you prefer to stick to non-sunfaded copies?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

@Matthewnimmo, that is incredibly kind of you re: BC Racers! I will absolutely take you up on that if @Supergunis willing.

(Supergun, you and I have done business before, long ago at AtariAge with happy results, so I'd gladly do so again. I might like to buy your Doom box too since mine is missing a piece. You don't have an extra Kolibri manual, by any chance? -- I ask, knowing the answer is "no"!)

I will definitely take a look at the WSB situation this week. My extra copy is just gathering dust (or it would be if I didn't have it in an envelope), so I really ought to sell it to someone who'd enjoy it, and I would gladly put you first in line for that. Would you be more interested in a cheaper sunfaded copy, or would you prefer to stick to non-sunfaded copies?

You know if its cib id be interested in either one:). The sunfade would’nt bother me too much. That is very kind to consider parting with one:). Send me a PM after you think it over on a price you are comfortable with!:). Earlier Ive already sent you a PM excited about the thought of getting a cib copy lol

20 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

@MatthewnimmoSure, I'd be glad to! It's only gathering metaphorical dust here, after all. 🙂 Give me a day or two to get some pics together for you and make sure everything still fires up OK (no reason it shouldn't though). I'll drop you a PM by the weekend.

You are my hero!  Ill check my messages this weekend:). Thanks again 

6 hours ago, peg said:

I've got a CIB Blackthorne and T-Mek.  Do you have a trade list?

Blasted. I just got both of those. Being shipped now (now if they don’t arrive i may reach back out if thats ok with you?)

do you have chaotix cib?  I can get them on ebay at sub ok prices but thought id ask

Edited by Matthewnimmo

On 12/30/2020 at 9:35 PM, bronzeshield said:

@MatthewnimmoSure, I'd be glad to! It's only gathering metaphorical dust here, after all. 🙂 Give me a day or two to get some pics together for you and make sure everything still fires up OK (no reason it shouldn't though). I'll drop you a PM by the weekend.

Hey good sir!  Hope you had a good New Year:). No rush as you are doing me the favor here, but I wanted to touch base to see if you got a chance to look things over with that wsb?  Im like a kid excited at Christmas over this lol!

7 hours ago, Matthewnimmo said:

Hey good sir!  Hope you had a good New Year:). No rush as you are doing me the favor here, but I wanted to touch base to see if you got a chance to look things over with that wsb?  Im like a kid excited at Christmas over this lol!

Dropping you a PM! I took a fall on the ice that's slowed me down, but got a chance today to take those pics for you. PM incoming in mere moments. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthewnimmo said:

Oh man!  Hope you are ok?  Im standing by on the PM:)!

Thankfully, yes, though I'm sore all over! The weird thing is, I took a much harder fall a few years ago directly onto ice, and didn't notice any aftereffects at all. This time it was a relatively slow fall with snow cover cushioning my landing, but I guess I still wrenched my back and bruised a few other spots, and today I feel like an old man.

Nothing too terrible and it doesn't appear that anything's broken, but it's annoying to hurt in a bunch of different places at once. Careful on that ice, everyone!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

Thankfully, yes, though I'm sore all over! The weird thing is, I took a much harder fall a few years ago directly onto ice, and didn't notice any aftereffects at all. This time it was a relatively slow fall with snow cover cushioning my landing, but I guess I still wrenched my back and bruised a few other spots, and today I feel like an old man.

Nothing too terrible and it doesn't appear that anything's broken, but it's annoying to hurt in a bunch of different places at once. Careful on that ice, everyone!

Just responded back to your pm!  Looks good to me:). And i am glad you are ok. When i hear falls on ice they can be no bueno