IGNORED

VGS Secret Santa Reveal 2020!!!

Secret Santa

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

My Secret Santa delivered. Copies of DW, Retrozone and RetroUSB sleeves, a poem for the collection, and a portrait of me by @CasualCart!

I've been updating the unorthodox Dragon Warrior website again, so it's just a matter a time before I get the transcribed poem up over there. The real question is, did they all know I did a photo shoot last year with me sitting on a throne made of carts? I didn't think I'd made those public, yet. Hrm...

VGS Secret Santa.png

Dragon Warrior Throne Final 01.jpg

giphy.gif

Glad you liked your gifts! On your website http://theunorthodoxdragonwarriorcollection.com/ you posted a pic back on Oct 12, 2017 which is where the idea came from. 😛

image.png.ad8a61724139a21dae85f8bf6c028f31.png

Also, thank you to @SNESNESCUBE64 for putting in the work as Santa this year! Special shout out to Bunny and @mog for their contribution! Also, it goes without saying, thanks to @CasualCart for being easy to work with and creating some great art as usual. 🙂 

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and let's not forget, Happy Festivus everyone! 😛

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Like 7

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

My secret Santa @JordyRamone donated $50 to Extra Life for my gift! As you all know I'm more than happy to see donations to the kids, so I'm plenty good with that. Thanks bud! 

Ain't nothing more in the holiday spirit than donating to a good cause!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

Happy you enjoyed the Yoshi plush @SNESNESCUBE64 who knew I was giving a present to Secret Santa himself!! Merry Christmas!

I am still not sure who my secret santa is, but they sent me two awesome GameCube games I needed for my collection! Whoever you are - thank you very much!! 😁

20201225_131446.jpg

It took me a solid 30 seconds of staring at the cover to that Yu-Gi-Oh game on the right to be able to read the full title, haha. I dunno if it's just me, but that font is borderline unreadable for me 😆

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

Just you lol. 

I think it's Falsebound in particular that was hard for me to read. Any time I tried to read the whole thing, I would just be able to read "The Falseb___ Kingdom, haha. Falsebound isn't exactly a word that's a frequent part of my vocabulary, so it took me a second to get that one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

Happy you enjoyed the Yoshi plush @SNESNESCUBE64 who knew I was giving a present to Secret Santa himself!! Merry Christmas!

I am still not sure who my secret santa is, but they sent me two awesome GameCube games I needed for my collection! Whoever you are - thank you very much!! 😁

20201225_131446.jpg

Very cool and some fun games. The big question is did Yu-Gi-Oh come with the cards? I have never seen them in a copy. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Very cool and some fun games. The big question is did Yu-Gi-Oh come with the cards? I have never seen them in a copy. 

No, but considering the prices of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards these days due to a huge surge in people collecting them (mainly due to YouTubers like the Paul brothers) I would be shocked if they were, nor do I plan to pick them up any time soon. Alas, my GameCube collection will, for at least a decent portion if time, not be 100% complete. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

My SS was anonymous. But I'm very happy with the dope individually-wrapped gifts. Some Genesis games for my new Nomad, and some Game Gear goodness, just what I asked for. Plus he somehow hunted down the original artwork of my profile pic!! I love this thing. Thanks, whoever you are!!

6EatT1P.jpg?1

EJDcbXF.jpg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Splain said:

My SS was anonymous. But I'm very happy with the dope individually-wrapped gifts. Some Genesis games for my new Nomad, and some Game Gear goodness, just what I asked for. Plus he somehow hunted down the original artwork of my profile pic!! I love this thing. Thanks, whoever you are!!

6EatT1P.jpg?1

EJDcbXF.jpg

The user name is right on the package😂

• Haha 5

Editorials Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, I was about to say, there's something really funny about Splain saying his SS was anonymous, with their SS's username literally being written on the front of the box, hahaha

Anyone who was on Discord when the package arrived, knows that I totally blabbed who my SS was, so I'm trying to overcompensate so I won't be banned next year 👍🏻

• Haha 6

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, neodolphino said:

I'm not sure who my SS was, but they got me a very nice quality Christmas themed repro.  Pretty sweet two toned cart shell 🙂

Thank you, stranger!

20201225_144434.jpg

20201225_144514.jpg

Oh wow, that's probably one of the coolest SNES carts I've ever seen! Really love that two-tone look.

• Like 1

Thank you to my SS... uhh

IMG_20201225_133930__01__01__01.jpg.80560c55387e9928271c3772c924c709.jpg

David Bowie? 

Anyway, I got an NES game and a 3ds game I asked for as well as two more surprise 3ds games. Looking forward to playing them! Thanks again whoever you are. 

IMG_20201225_134116.thumb.jpg.4f26ec6417321b4fcb6d910b3cf0a0fc.jpg

Unfortunately, the package I sent is delayed so my giftee will have to wait a couple more days. 

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Thank you to my SS... uhh

IMG_20201225_133930__01__01__01.jpg.80560c55387e9928271c3772c924c709.jpg

David Bowie? 

Anyway, I got an NES game and a 3ds game I asked for as well as two more surprise 3ds games. Looking forward to playing them! Thanks again whoever you are. 

IMG_20201225_134116.thumb.jpg.4f26ec6417321b4fcb6d910b3cf0a0fc.jpg

Unfortunately, the package I sent is delayed so my giftee will have to wait a couple more days. 

Good to see Ducktales among those games, classic for sure.

• Like 2

I was your secret Santa @KokiriChild, glad you're happy with the games. I opened my gifts from @rdrunner and I'm very happy with them. I asked for Gameboy games and he delivered, a couple games with a nice handwritten note explaining why he recommended them and giving some tips. It was also neat getting presents from a celebrity! 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1