IGNORED

VGS Secret Santa Reveal 2020!!!

Secret Santa

Merry Christmas everyone. The time has come so I'm just gonna get to the point! You've waited long enough for your gifts, open em up!

As per the guess that santa thread, I am revealing myself to be everyone's favorite overweight yoshi, @SNESNESCUBE64. Thanks for everyone who participated, but unfortunately (or fortunately), nobody guessed it. As promised however, the money is going to be donated to Extra Lives!

For those who have not received their gifts yet, just please be patient. USPS has been struggling all year and from what I understand some gifts are still in transit. HOWEVER, everyone has shipped. So they should get to you soon enough. If you have any concerns, I will still be checking this account for the next week or so...

That's enough rambling!!!

Show Me What You Got GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted

Oh yeah, I never would've guessed it was you in a million years, haha.

Unfortunately I don't have anything to reveal as I have indeed not received my package yet and haven't received any tracking updates on it for around a week, but I'll make sure to reveal myself to my giftee once they post in this thread 🙂

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Well Santa was also my Secret Santa!  

Thank you @SNESNESCUBE64for the gifts, very generous and I will enjoy them.

Zelda 2, which was on my list, and the option for a surprise me shooter, which turned out to be Phalanx!

IMG_20201224_104137.thumb.jpg.e54af15ac6f948c835ddf60f9804a883.jpg

IMG_20201224_104335.thumb.jpg.a6b6b75065f81d3c5a8547acc31c7fe0.jpg

Phalanx is a personal favorite of mine, I hope you enjoy it!

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

I got @KokiriChild as my santa this year! He got me the last yoshi I needed to complete the yoshi rainbow! He also got me some neat first gen pokemon cards and a super cool hand-drawn card.

20201225_095552.thumb.jpg.57fe9322fa1d44513483ba0d7fee43c6.jpg20201225_102242.thumb.jpg.cced6369e0cc7d0d427964b23e0f5c9c.jpg

20201225_101211.thumb.jpg.6973ea49a9a512bb443d91fc7c06d0f6.jpg

Thank you so much, have a very merry christmas everyone!

For a brief second I thought he gave you that Ms. Pacman thing in the first image, and I was like "Damn, Kokiri was feeling really generous, huh?" hahaha

• Haha 3

Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

For a brief second I thought he gave you that Ms. Pacman thing in the first image, and I was like "Damn, Kokiri was feeling really generous, huh?" hahaha

Nah I was just using it as a cool display peice. The Ms.pacman table top was something I restored between september and november this year. I like using it as... a table.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Thanks for hosting such an awesome event @SNESNESCUBE64!

Come on people! Now I have to scramble and make up some kind of Christmas game to give away this gift! New thread incoming!

Actually, scratch that. The winner is @SNESNESCUBE64for doing all the work for Secret Santa. PM me your address and I'll send the Fire Emblem! Sorry for hijacking the thread!

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

my Secret Santa was @Scrobinsand he was AWESOME!

each item was individually wrapped (i'm never sure if i should open the shipping box or not, it's been 50/50 so far for me...).

Inside i received a book, Blood, Sweat, and Pixels, which is about game developing. It interviews 100 developers and talks about the pressures they deal with- time crunches, bugs, glitches, cutting content out, and last by certainly not least, making sure the game is FUN. I read the introduction and it seems like it'll be a fun read. Each chapter is focused on a different game, which is a pretty neat set-up. One of the chapters is Diablo 3, so i'm already hooked!

Also included is a light-up Legend of Zelda cube. you can see the picture with a mini Link figurine that was also included. This cube is freaking cool. lights up, pulses different colors, different Zelda cut outs on each side. Clearly made with care, as some of those cuts are tiny and intricate.

Finally are the games. Two NES games from my list, Yoshi and Yoshi's Cookie. Great additions to my collection and ones that i had my eye on for quite some time but never pulled the trigger.  and then there's the NA homebrew, Kevin Power in Concert CARnage. this is basically my first homebrew, and to have it be a game tied into the history of NA and VGS means a lot to me. And it's also a fast paced and addicting game. Props to @K3VBOTon creating this one. 

edit: Thank you @SNESNESCUBE64for being our @Secret Santaorganizer this year. Props to all the work you put in!

All in all, i loved every single thing that i was gifted. A million thank yous to @Scrobins!!

Merry Christmas to all! can't wait to see what else gets revealed here. I love this community so freaking much!!

SS1 wrapped.jpg

ss2 unwrapped.jpg

ss3 zelda.jpg

ss4 games.jpg

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, twiztor said:

my Secret Santa was @Scrobinsand he was AWESOME!

each item was individually wrapped (i'm never sure if i should open the shipping box or not, it's been 50/50 so far for me...).

Inside i received a book, Blood, Sweat, and Pixels, which is about game developing. It interviews 100 developers and talks about the pressures they deal with- time crunches, bugs, glitches, cutting content out, and last by certainly not least, making sure the game is FUN. I read the introduction and it seems like it'll be a fun read. Each chapter is focused on a different game, which is a pretty neat set-up. One of the chapters is Diablo 3, so i'm already hooked!

Also included is a light-up Legend of Zelda cube. you can see the picture with a mini Link figurine that was also included. This cube is freaking cool. lights up, pulses different colors, different Zelda cut outs on each side. Clearly made with care, as some of those cuts are tiny and intricate.

Finally are the games. Two NES games from my list, Yoshi and Yoshi's Cookie. Great additions to my collection and ones that i had my eye on for quite some time but never pulled the trigger.  and then there's the NA homebrew, Kevin Power in Concert CARnage. this is basically my first homebrew, and to have it be a game tied into the history of NA and VGS means a lot to me. And it's also a fast paced and addicting game. Props to @K3VBOTon creating this one. 

All in all, i loved every single thing that i was gifted. A million thank yous to @Scrobins!!

Merry Christmas to all! can't wait to see what else gets revealed here. I love this community so freaking much!!

SS1 wrapped.jpg

ss2 unwrapped.jpg

ss3 zelda.jpg

ss4 games.jpg

Aw man, that light-up Zelda cube is frickin' rad! I really hope to get one of those myself some day, I see them everywhere on Etsy and they look amazing! That type of thing is right up my alley.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Actually, scratch that. The winner is @SNESNESCUBE64for doing all the work for Secret Santa. PM me your address and I'll send the Fire Emblem! Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Damn, I was stalking your profile waiting for a new post, haha. Oh well, SNESNES definitely deserves it for being the one to take control of the account this year! I actually hope to be the one in control of the Secret Santa account myself one of these years, I'd love to be the one to organize all of this, as much of a pain as I'm sure it is, haha.

• Like 1

My Secret Santa delivered. Copies of DW, Retrozone and RetroUSB sleeves, a poem for the collection, and a portrait of me by @CasualCart!

I've been updating the unorthodox Dragon Warrior website again, so it's just a matter a time before I get the transcribed poem up over there. The real question is, did they all know I did a photo shoot last year with me sitting on a throne made of carts? I didn't think I'd made those public, yet. Hrm...

VGS Secret Santa.png

Dragon Warrior Throne Final 01.jpg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 8
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Ferris Bueller said:

My Secret Santa delivered. Copies of DW, Retrozone and RetroUSB sleeves, a poem for the collection, and a portrait of me by @CasualCart!

I've been updating the unorthodox Dragon Warrior website again, so it's just a matter a time before I get the transcribed poem up over there. The real question is, did they all know I did a photo shoot last year with me sitting on a throne made of carts? I didn't think I'd made those public, yet. Hrm...

VGS Secret Santa.png

Dragon Warrior Throne Final 01.jpg

Hahaha, that CasualCart sketch is awesome! Definitely taking notes for next year, wish I would've thought of something like that for my giftee, haha.

• Like 1

I didn’t participate but just wanted to say congrats to those giving and receiving such awesome gifts. VGS has only been a little more than 1 year old, but I’m really impressed with the growth of this forum and how active some of the members on here are. 

Merry Christmas guys!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure who my secret santa was, but he did a great job! Hitting all three systems I collect with a great game for each - awesome idea! Im out of state for Christmas, so I opened it up early and have already enjoyed playing them before I left town. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

20201208_231645.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 11
  • Wow! 2

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Not sure who my secret santa was, but he did a great job! Hitting all three systems I collect with a great game for each - awesome idea! Im out of state for Christmas, so I opened it up early and have already enjoyed playing them before I left town. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

20201208_231645.jpg

Nice! Always good to get games for multiple systems.

1 hour ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Damn, I was stalking your profile waiting for a new post, haha. Oh well, SNESNES definitely deserves it for being the one to take control of the account this year! I actually hope to be the one in control of the Secret Santa account myself one of these years, I'd love to be the one to organize all of this, as much of a pain as I'm sure it is, haha.

As someone who ran Racketboy’s Secret Santa in July for a few years I can tell you it does take some work. That one wasn’t nearly as large as this one was but despite some issues it’s a lot of fun. Hopefully you’ll get a chance to do that. 

• Like 1