IGNORED

The 2021 Backlog Challenge

Graphics TeamPosted
15 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

The second form of the final boss is the worst. Combined with the time-wasting bullshittery of being constantly sent back to 6-1, he's the reason I've yet to properly beat the game.

I guess I'll find out when I get to him. Makes it a bit more stressful knowing if you fuck up you get sent back

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

馃槱 and what the hell is this?! 聽I can鈥檛聽even input this.

Woo, I beat Journey to Silius - and I have to say, I鈥檓 marginally proud of myself because I found it quite difficult, with the exception of the last stage and final boss which I thought were pretty ea

These are all games I'd like to see played/beaten. It's a shame they're sitting there untouched. Some I've beaten in the past, but for backlog purposes I consider a game not beaten unless I've beaten

Posted Images

Graphics TeamPosted
On 1/31/2021 at 11:37 AM, BortLicensePlate said:

Got to the final boss of Ninja Gaiden (first form). Then died. Then went all the way back to 6-1. Then rage quit.

Fuckin game.

On the plus side I got pretty good at wall climbing and slash cancels, so thats cool

This is exactly what happened to me when I sunk my teeth into Ninja Gaiden a few years back. Multiple days of abusing continues to get to the last stage, only to immediately get wrecked by the final boss and thrown all the way back to 6-1.
I still haven't had the heart to give it a serious effort again haha.聽

Best of luck, Bort.

-CasualCart

Graphics TeamPosted
1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

This is exactly what happened to me when I sunk my teeth into Ninja Gaiden a few years back. Multiple days of abusing continues to get to the last stage, only to immediately get wrecked by the final boss and thrown all the way back to 6-1.
I still haven't had the heart to give it a serious effort again haha.聽

Best of luck, Bort.

-CasualCart

Haha man that feeling of defeat after all that work to beat the last couple levels only to be sent all the way back. I'm going to keep at it though while I still have the muscle memory.聽

That said I am enjoying the game a lot, its very rewarding when you make progress

• Like 1
MemberPosted
2 hours ago, BortLicensePlate said:

With the bosses my strategy so far has been mash the sword and hope they die first, which has been working beautifully so far馃槢聽I just didn't bother trying again this time because I had been grinding the last stages for a while and didn't feel like doing it again. But now that I've beaten all the levels in world 6 it shouldn't be too bad getting back to it.

Considering how punishing your first run will feel, it's surprisingly quick to get a good feel for the stages and master them, due to their puzzle-like nature.
Ninja Gaiden doesn't take that long to conquer, but the feeling is no less satisfying.

Yeah, most of the bosses in the game are poor pushovers, but that one boss, the second phase of the final boss, is one of the most memorable fights on the NES IMO, when you're fighting it legit. You definitely can't get away with not knowing what you are doing. You need to understand exactly how it works to have a shot at it.

MemberPosted

Just wrapped up the 6th game of the years....The Last is Us..... woof what a game. I never played a modern game let alone one this story driven. In the beginning the talking was getting to me but once I got into it what a ride. I started looking at it as a interactive movie and wanted to see what came next. Have to say one of the best games I ever played.

Now I have to decide if I want to stick to my guns and go back my list or jump into the DLC included in the Remastered version or go one to The Last of Us II. Decisions.

Thanks to @Reed Rothchildfor starting this thread of I would have never got around to it.聽

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Just wrapped up the 6th game of the years....The Last is Us..... woof what a game. I never played a modern game let alone one this story driven. In the beginning the talking was getting to me but once I got into it what a ride. I started looking at it as a interactive movie and wanted to see what came next. Have to say one of the best games I ever played.

Now I have to decide if I want to stick to my guns and go back my list or jump into the DLC included in the Remastered version or go one to The Last of Us II. Decisions.

Thanks to @Reed Rothchildfor starting this thread of I would have never got around to it.聽

Welcome to the 21st century! Now I feel like I have to bump up my playthrough of Last of Us. I suppose I could delay Demon's Souls further...

• Like 1
Editorials TeamPosted

I just lost an hour plus in Resident Evil Zero because a giant frog came out of nowhere and one-shot swallowed me (while my partner sat and watched).

Uh................ that would be a dealbreaker if I wasn't so damn resolute in finishing shit.聽 COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY GAME.

• Haha 2
MemberPosted

Trying to beat 5 games is probably too ambitious. I would be happy if I beat Super Mario 2. Milon's I would love to beat, but it might be too hard. I might have a chance if I use a strategy guide. I just remembered I should put Super Metroid on this list. I started that when I got the聽SNES mini but then I聽got distracted and haven't touched it again. I need to play more with that console.

• Super Mario 2
  • Super Metroid
  • Milon's Secret Castle <-- unlikely, but it would be nice!
Edited by G-type
  • Like 1
MemberPosted
39 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Time to start calling people out...starting with @ZeldaFreak聽and @ChickenTendas聽!

You're being shown up by old men.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit late in starting to chip away at my list. I am going to start working on it very soon, I'm just trying to get through a couple other games I'm in the process of playing first before working on the stuff on my list. I'll get to it though, don't worry!