IGNORED

The 2021 Backlog Challenge

Reed Rothchild

Great idea!  This will be incredible for motivation.  Hopefully I didn't put too many long RPG's on my list.

1.    Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu (NES)
2.   The Goonies (Famicom) on 5/4
3.   Contra III (SNES) on 5/2
4.   Earthbound (SNES)
5.   Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages (GBC)
6.   Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
7.   Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii)
8.   Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (PS4)
9.   Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)
10.  Dragon Quest XI (PS4)
11.  Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4) on 7/13
12.  Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS4) on 7/20
13.  Pokemon Shield DLC (Switch) - Finished game, haven't touched the expansions
14.  Spider-man (2018) (PS5)  on 2/13
15.  Metroid Return of Samus (3DS)

PROGRESS UPDATES:

1/1 -Resumed my game of Dragon Quest XI.  Last save was 21 hours in, made in May 2019.
1/8 -One week in, made another 8 hours progress in Dragon Quest XI.
1/28 - Got the Platinum for Spider-man Miles Morales (not on my list, because I was in the middle of it when I made the list)
1/28 - Started Spider-man (2018) for PS5
2/13 - Finished the story on Spider-man (2018)
2/16 - Spider-man Platinum gotten
2/17 - Spider-man DLC completed
5/2 - Contra III beat 
5/4 - The Goonies beat
7/13 - Resident Evil 2 Remake beat
7/20 - Resident Evil 3 Remake beat
8/18 - Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu completed

Edited by Jicsan
Progress update
  • Like 5

Finished my list and by the end I realised it is very RPG heavy. This is going to be an interesting year if I can finish them all.

Famicom
Castlevania 3 - unbeaten 
Red Arremer 2 (gargoyle quest 2) - unbeaten
Robocco Wars - beaten. Time taken = 1hour 45mins
Splatterhouse - Beaten. Time taken = 3hours 35mins

SNES
Illusion of Gaia - unbeaten
Super Metroid - Beaten. Time taken = 7 hours 15 mins

Saturn
Guardian Heroes - unbeaten
Keio Flying Squadron 2 - beaten. Time taken = 1hour 40mins
Magic Knight Rayearth - unbeaten
Night into dreams - unbeaten
Panzer Dragoon Saga - unbeaten

3DS
SMT 4 - unbeaten
Persona Q2 - beaten. Time taken 60hours 32mins

PC
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1  - beaten. 70hours 25mins
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2  - unbeaten

Switch
Collection of Mana:

• Final Fantasy Adventure - beaten. Time taken = 12 hours.
  • Secret of Mana - Will not finish. Put in 5 and a half hours and wasn't enjoying it. Have replaced game with Persona 5 Strikers.
  • Trials of Mana - unbeaten 

Dark Devotion - Beaten. Time taken =16hours 32mins
Darkest Dungeon - Beaten. Time taken = 49 hours
Persona 5 Strikers - Unbeaten
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 - unbeaten
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 4 - unbeaten
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Will not finish. Put in 15hours 50mins. Was not enjoying it.

Bonus round: Start and finish Age of Calamity with my wife. - unbeaten

Games beaten: 9/25

Time taken:

Beaten games: 222 hours & 44 mins

Will not complete games: 21hours 20mins

Edited by Shmup
  • Like 4

1/25 Completed

My backlog continues to grow and I find myself finishing less and less games per year. But here goes nothing.

PS4

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • DOOM (2016)
  • Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
  • MediEvil
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Trials of Mana

PS3

• Dead Space
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • God of War: Ascension - Finished
  • L.A. Noire
  • Silent Hill: Homecoming
  • Silent Hill: Downpour

PS2

• Bully
  • Dark Cloud
  • Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
  • Xenosaga Episode 1

PS1

• 40 Winks
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Legend of Mana
  • Xenogears

3DS

• Bravely Default

Switch

• Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

N64

• Rayman 2: The Great Escape

SNES

• Chrono Trigger

Genesis

• Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

Disclaimer: I have played all of these to one extent or another but never to completion with exception of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy X | X-2. CT I have beaten about 20 years ago but it's been so long I am putting it back on the list. FFX and FFX-2 I have beaten the PS2 versions but want to play through the HD versions.

Edited by AstralSoul
  • Like 5

@Reed Rothchild are you going to link everyone’s posts on the first page to make them easier to find if there are a lot of participants?

here’s my list 

fire emblem fates - UB
wargroove - UB
pokemon sword - UB
chrono trigger - UB
solatorobo - UB
luigis mansion 3 - UB
Pikmin 3 - Beaten January 4th
Fire emblem shadow dragon switch - UB
fire emblem shadow dragon ds - UB
Zelda majoras mask - UB
Paper Mario origami king - UB
shantae and the pirates curse - UB
Hey pikmin - UB
Culdcept revolt - UB
Yugioh legacy of the duelist - UB
Final fantasy tactics - UB
tactics ogre - UB
Half minute hero - UB
Prinny - UB
prinny 2 - UB
crimson gem saga - UB
Monster kingdom jewel summoner - UB
Mega man 11 - UB
Super smash bros ultimate - UB
EVO - UB
Avalon code - UB
earthbound - UB
mother 3 - UB
lunar knights - UB
Luminous arc - UB
Luminous arc 2 - UB
Pokémon sun - UB
Advance wars days of ruin - UB
Super robot taisen og saga - UB
Pokémon ultra sun - UB

I’ll definitely be adding to this as I remember more games on my list. 

finally beat my first game of the year - pikmin 3! Really enjoyed this one!

Edited by Makar
  • Like 4

1. Blasphemous / done
2. Curse of the Moon 2 / done
3. Timespinner
4. Mario Deluxe
5. Sundered
6. Original Shantae (remake on Switch)
7. Trine 4 / done
8. Wonder Boy (remake on Switch)
9. Monster Boy
10. Final Fantasy X
11. Battle Kid 2
12. Snes game
13. Snes game
14. Snes game
15. Genesis game
16. Genesis game
17. Genesis game
18. Ninja Gaiden (NES)
19. NES game
20. NES game

Edited by LifeGame
Have to :)
  • Like 2

Great idea, might actually make me get through some of my backlog.

1. Super Metroid (SNES)
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask (3DS) 
  3. Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One)
  4. Fire Emblem Three Houses (Switch)
  5. Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PS1)
  6. Nier Automata (PS4)
  7. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4 Remake)
  8. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PS3 Port)
  9. Yoshi's Island (SNES)
  10. Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
  11. Phantasy Star 4 (Genesis)
  12. Dead Space (360)
  13. Ys Origins (PS4)
  14. Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Returns (PS3)
Edited by monkeybut625
  • Like 5

I'm going to do this too but instead of just listing "games to beat", I'm going to put more specific goals for some of them.  On top of that if I do achieve them I will post the videos on here as well.

Arcade PCB:

• Ketsui:
    • clear the ura loop in practice using mame to skip the first loop
    • full ura loop 2-all clear (probably the hardest goal I have)
  • DonPachi: 2-all clear
  • Progear: loop 1 clear
  • Deathsmiles: Clear with canyon
  • Deathsmiles II:
    • Version 4.0 Clear
    • Version 2.0 Clear
  • Mushihimesama:
    • Clear on Normal (no deaths)
    • Clear on Maniac

NES/FC:

• Burai Fighter
  • Isolated Warrior
  • Star Force
  • Star Soldier
  • Xevious
  • Tetris
    • B-Type 18-5 Clear (Done early 12/29/20)
    • 1,000,000+ point score

Game Boy:

• ZAS (Hard mode)
  • Gradius Interstellar Assault (Hard mode)
  • Solar Striker
  • Mercenary Force
  • Sagaia
  • Tetris
    • 1,000,000+ points

PS1:

• Raiden II
    • Clear on normal
    • Clear on hard
  • Einhander
    • Clear on normal
    • Clear on hard
  • Zanac Neo
    • Clear on normal
    • Clear on very hard

Game Gear:

• GG Aleste 2 - No Deaths on Maniac

TG-16/PC Engine:

• Blazing Lazers
    • Clear on normal
    • Clear on hardest
  • Spriggan
  • Spriggan 2

SNES/SFC:

• Spriggan Powered

Sega Genesis/Sega CD:

• Robo Aleste
Edited by peg
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 1

I'll bite.  I don't generally have a lot of concurrent time for gaming and thus end up "losing" games after a while and never finishing them.  My list is of games that I've always tinkered with briefly or wanted to play and beat, but have never managed the time to do so.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES) - In Progress
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64) - In Progress
Road War 2000 (Apple II) - In Progress
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - Completed (12/10/2021)
Wasteland 2 (PC)
Wasteland (PC) (Apple II) - In Progress

1/25/2021 Update - Zelda II

Spoiler

Got the chance to get out the AVS and start fresh on Zelda II for the first time in probably 30 years.  First save came an hour or so into playing, with 3 towns visited (spells obtained) and 0 palaces beaten.  Second save (with one continue) came 2-3 hours later, with 4 towns visited (spells & techniques obtained) and 2.5 palaces beaten (cleared the special items in palace 3 but didn't quite make it to the boss).

1/26/2021 Update - Zelda II

Spoiler

With the family out of the house and me nursing a gall or kidney stone, I got the chance to hook up the AVS again and get back to it.  I played for a couple of hours and got Link's stats maxed (with one rollover, which I didn't realize just refilled whatever bar it's in relation to once a stat is at 8), got 6 towns visited (spells & techniques obtained), 5 palaces beaten, and obtained all heart containers and all but one magic container.

3/21/2021 Update (Posted 9/5/2021 because I forgot) - Wasteland

Spoiler

Spent time with my brother the previous day and today and started playing through Wasteland together on my Apple IIgs.  An acquaintance made and released a viable digital copy of all disks for the game with copy protection intact, so it's now feasible to play the game via floppy drive emulator and allow my precious originals to remain safely in the game's folio.

We formed a party, completed all of the early missions, plundered all of the early game loot, and have begun building skills via practice (climbing hills for climbing, swimming in pools and the river for swimming, etc.) to get everyone prepared to survive the big mid-game missions and save character points for skills that either aren't yet available or aren't yet needed but will be vital to finishing the game.  Once everybody can swim at level 2 or 3, it's on to kick in the doors of the Blood Temple!

11/22/2021 Update - Zelda II

Spoiler

My daughter was someone calm today, watching one show on the TV and another on her tablet, so I took the time to break out my GAEMS case, hook up the AVS and see what I could get into.  I popped up my Zelda II game and after 10-15 minutes of looking around in the game and comparing it to what I could find online, I figured out where I had left off and started seeing what I could do to get this finished.  I managed to get to the second big continent, found the hidden city, got the last magic container, got the spell Spell, got the magic key, found the old man in the ruined city and got the last spell (Thunder), then proceeded to see what I could do with the next to last palace.  I got trapped in a loop where I'd be getting attacked by little flying enemies and conveniently miss the fact that I was at the same point in the level where there was a hidden hole in the floor, fall through, then have to trek back up, use the jump spell to get back up to that area, and continue on.  This loop repeated a bunch, at which point I got annoyed and hit reset on the AVS to do something else for a while...immediately afterward realizing that this totally killed all the unsaved progress I'd just made, lol.  Alas, there's always tomorrow or later this holiday week.

11/22/2021 Update - Wasteland

Spoiler

Having gotten in a newer IIgs motherboard version (ROM3) in a junker case, I swapped in the PSU from my previous system and proceeded to test it.  After it passed all its bells and whistles tests, I booted up Wasteland and proceeded to grind the party's swim skill by throwing them into the river at the furthest northeast part of the map and letting them flow all the way down into the large lake at the slightly western part of the bottom of the map.  In the end, one guy got to level 6, another level 4, one level 3, two level 2's, and two stubborn a-holes who just couldn't seem to make it off of level 1.  Around the time that the last two level ups came (level 4 & level 3), the wife and my son were due home, so I shut things down and put them away for later and/or another day.  Doesn't seem like much, but there's two fairly major plot bits coming up soon that require swimming skill so as to not immediately fail and/or have to repeat it a bunch, so grinding swimming before proceeding is actually a good idea, even if nothing much else is going on.

12/6/2021 Update - Wasteland

Spoiler

Tried one more time to get the guy who just won't level up at swimming to learn to swim by throwing him in by his lonesome and...no dice.  So, I raided the ammo dup in Needles to pick up some explosives, blew open the sealed steel doors in the waste pit, claimed the couple of radiation suits that were down there, re-spread all the armor among everybody, bumped all party members to either assault or bolt action rifles, and set my sites on the Blood Temple.  It was rough, as folks weren't really armored well enough to just wade through anything like bullet sponges, and the time passing within the place didn't go fast enough to really facilitate just waiting and allowing the party to completely heal on occasion as I would do in the overworld, but we made it through all right.  The guy with both medic and doctor skills went relatively unscathed, so when the NPC (non-player-controllable) party members went down, he was always there to overuse his medical skills on them, causing them to pop back up with anywhere from 4-8 HP when waking back up versus the standard 1.  We made it through the chessboard, down into the depths, across the blood moat, slaughtered all the snipers, guards, and their vicious patrol dogs (sorry, Pup, no choice), then butchered the Blood Priest and his retinue, obtained the Bloodstaff, returned it to the Mushroom Cloud Church bishop, then proceeded to sell off extra and low level gear before breaking for dinner.  Hopefully more tonight.  Believe it or not, the game is about halfway done, all without cheesing or cheating!

12/9/2021 Update - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Spoiler

So this had a lot of hopeful prep (got my kids distracted, swapped out all the cabling from the Genesis for that of the SNES, etc.), then a horrible stall/false start (I didn't realize my newly acquired RAD2X cable required a mini HDMI cable/adapter), followed ultimately by success (Best Buy actually did have two adapter cables in stock, and I found them, despite their efforts to hide them and send me to virtually every corner of the store since they literally have TV cables everywhere in our store).

I had started playing it a year or two ago on my Retro Duo Portable when I re-acquired a copy of the game.  I'd actually owned at least two copies previously, both given to me by friends who had sold off their consoles but had the game still hanging around, but sadly I just wasn't at all interested in doing anything with my SNES at that time and promptly traded both copies in (for something like $15-20 each in the late 90s, so pretty good) and turned them into NES titles I needed.  A couple of years ago I finally felt the need to play the game, so I asked my friends who own a local game store to hold onto the next beat up copy they'd be willing to sell for $20 and ended up lucking into a copy with exactly zero things wrong with it.

When I started the game up, I was impressed by how things looked on my 4K TV in the living room, then disappointed when I noticed only 4 heart containers on the single save on the cartridge.  The last time I remember playing it, I had absolutely played all the way through the light world and, I believe, through the first dungeon of the dark world, so I had to have had more than 4 heart containers to achieve that.  My only explanation is that it might have gotten bumped while in the RDP, causing the power lines on the connector to flicker and nuke the save, and me to have to start over, which didn't get far.  I don't remember that happening, but it happened enough times with Super Metroid when I was traveling 5-6 years back that I specifically cut a cardboard wedge to keep everything immobile.

Regardless, I started anew, had a fun time, albeit rushed, and called it a night with 13 heart containers + 2 heart pieces (including the one from the accursed "Digging Game" in the Dark World--never again).  I've picked up all of the magic medallions, and IIRC only have 2-3 item slots that are still empty in my inventory.  The last tool I picked up was the hookshot, and the last dungeon I completed was the swamp one in the dark world, netting me two crystals.  As best I can determine, it seems like I'm somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of the way done with the game, with 5 more dungeons/crystals to go, then the big, final fight with Ganon and rescuing Zelda.

My kids enjoyed watching me play, forgoing their nightly "bedtime" tablet time (quiet time from 8-9 to get them to wind down before cutting off internet and electronics and forcing the issue of having to go to sleep) in lieu of sitting next to me on the couch, watching.  With that in mind, I'm hoping to get back into it by midday tomorrow, while my son is still at school, and hopefully have it wrapped up by tomorrow evening, or early Saturday at the latest.  If successful, I'm torn about whether I want to try to fight my way through the last 2-3 palaces of Zelda II and get it knocked off the list or see what the RAD2X can do to my N64 and try to go full bore on Conker before the year rounds out.

12/10/2021 Update - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Spoiler

So, I started out around mid day like I'd planned, but only after starting then stopping a seriously tough to watch movie on Netflix.  My next task was the dungeon in the forest in the Dark World, and boy was that not fun.  I ended up finally, eventually, getting all the things from the dungeon as well as figuring out which back asswards paths I had to take through the over and underworld in order to get to the final part where I could actually fight the boss.  I was pretty beat to crap by the time I got to the boss and was still worried about being conservative with magic, so I ended up eating it pretty quick (having previously lost my 2 spare fairies before I got there), so I saved and quit, as the movie I'd been watching was easier to endure than these shenanigans.

Fast forward a bunch of hours, and I got started again somewhere around 9:00 PM.  I spammed the crap out of the Mothra knockoff boss, got refueled when I grabbed the heart container (hadn't noticed that magic refilled as well), then proceeded to just bum rush my way through the rest of the game, holding onto everything I could until I got into a room with a boss, then unloading with utter abandon once I was there.  Honestly, the toughest part of finishing up was the absolute slog that was Ganon's Tower--1/10, would not recommend.  However, after trading out a bottled fairy for a bottle of blue potion, I did manage to wreck Ganon's weekend on the first try, which makes me happy.

In the end, I can see why so many people like this game, but honestly, if it weren't for getting help in figuring out what I needed to do or where I needed to go when it wasn't obvious, I could very easily see myself getting pissed off at the game and walking away for long stretches of time.  I know that the original game technically had a lot of that type of gameplay as well, but at least in those days our parents were also trying to play the game, so playing Zelda 1 was this big, collaborative event, and after the family managed to get through it all once, it was never so daunting again.  I faced this one down all on my own, and without some hints and tips to guide me here and there, I'd have ended up miserable.  Still, glad to have finally played through this one, and happier still to have finally knocked something off of my checklist that I was supposed to be playing this year.  Now, onward to bed.

12/11/2021 Update - Conker's Bad Fur Day

Spoiler

Having thoroughly enjoyed what my new-to-me RAD2X cable proved it could do via the SNES, I went ahead and located an N64 and Conker's Bad Fur Day.  Having done so about halfway through the day, I decided that I'd check around and see who, if anyone, in the area had some alternative controllers locally in stock, as my disdain for Nintendo's default offering is well enough known in some circles on here.  Discovering that my locally owned shop had both the Brawler64 as well as Hyperkin's Admiral on hand, I dragged my son out of the house, hopped in the car, and headed down to the shop.

I was greeted by a friend, one of the owners, upon entering, and he ended up telling the staff that he'd give me a hand.  He quickly brought both options to the front case (both wireless) and let me take a look.  Liking the design of the Brawler64 better than the HORI-inspired Admiral, I asked if it was ok if I opened it and took a look, and Just told me that was fine.  It felt good in my hands, so I handed it to my son who gripped and released it several times (imitating me, but not adjusting his hands in any way to determine how it actually felt--cute, but totally ineffective, chuckles all around by me and the staff at that) then told me that it felt great and that he wanted it, because it was the blue, his favorite color.  I let Justin know we'd take it and started to continue shopping when he told me that he'd just give it to me, and to let him know how it performed.  I tried to object, but he pointed out that it and its brethren had been on a shelf for a year with nobody even asking to look at it, so he wasn't worried and was happy it would be going to someone who would appreciate it and put it to use.  I was happy, humbled, and hey, early Christmas!

I didn't get around to getting the N64 set up after we got home until comparatively late, around 9:00 PM.  The Brawler64 was stone dead, so I hooked it up to a charger and quickly read through the little fold out booklet it came with.  After learning how to sync it, I powered up the N64, enjoyed Conker destroying the N64 logo, synced my wireless controller, then started up a new save on my cart (also purchased from the same friend at the same store a few years ago) in slot 3, since 1 & 2 clearly had someone's fairly advanced, far along saves in them (the first one had roughly 15 hours and $1M, so I figured I'd take a look later, when I knew more of my way around).

I hadn't played the game since it was new, when a friend rented it and we passed a controller back and forth while trying to work our way through the game, so I sat back and thoroughly enjoyed the opening scenes.  When I finally gained control, I noticed that Conker kept wanting to stumble forward, regardless of what I was doing, which made things a lot more difficult than I thought they would be, and much more than I remembered.  After getting through the bits with the scarecrow then trying and failing badly to do the first jump in the game a half dozen times, I looked up whether you can hot swap N64 controllers (apparently you can), then swapped in the Nintendo one that came with the system.  Conker abruptly stopped moving.  I plugged the receiver for the Brawler64 back up and linked it...and Conker started shuffling forward again, like a zombie.

I immediately took to the internet to see what I could learn about issues with the controller, possible fixes, etc., and found only vague descriptions of complaints from people in general about the first run of the Brawler64 (from ~2018, so clearly not my controller), but not much else.  Not coming up with anything and desperate not to use the Nintendo controller that I absolutely loathe, I dug through the manual again, discovered a diagram showing a reset switch on the back, popped open my sewing box to grab a pin, crossed my fingers, and clicked the reset switch with Conker slowly shuffling forward toward the waterfall.  He immediately stopped.  I left my sewing box open just in case, but cautiously picked up the controller and attempted to move Conker around, fearing that I had only killed power to the controller in resetting it.  Nope.  It appears that from the factory, someone had apparently broke the cardinal rule of N64 controllers and held the stick off-center when booting the system, a setting which remained in my controller, even post-new-in-package-battery-death, until I'd hit reset to clear whatever memory the thing had onboard.  Throughout gameplay, the only time(s) I ran into any further issues with the controller was when it completed charging while in use.  In those cases, the onboard light would stop blinking to indicate the controller was full, then it would act like it was disconnected from the receiver, not accepting any input until I unplugged the charging cable and reset it again.

After resolving my controller issues, play proceeded fairly easily, although I do have to say that the controls, while decent, absolutely suffer from a plethora of bad camera angles and constant inability to adjust it to something more usable.  I rescued the queen bee's hive, killed the dung beetles to open up the barnyard, finished everything you can do in the barnyard, then proceeded to open up the poo tower but was unable to get The Greaty Mighty Poo to come out and play, so I dumped a turd on one of the spiked guys in the lake, hit a switch to open up the bottom, then proceeded to the next area to see what I could get into.  I sat through the speeches by the catfish, dodged the dogfish, then proceeded into the deep to be abused by a two faced gear.  I made it to the point where I fell off the third tier of the tower the gear sent me up to retrieve three cogs when I decided to call it a night.

So far I'm still playing within the realm of what I remember from back in the day, but I'm pretty sure I'm beginning to hit the edge of it.  I do recall assisting with the Great Mighty Poo fight and beating him, but nothing past that.  With any luck, I'll be able to overcome the point where I'm stuck sometime tomorrow, when I'm a bit brighter and more bushy tailed.

12/12/2021 Update - Conker's Bad Fur Day

Spoiler

Managed to get all the way through the tower I'd been stuck on, completed everything in the water area, returned to the main map and knocked out The Great Mighty Poo, then started working through the game in that direction.  It took me a good long while to get through the underwater fan blades, but only one try to get through the vertical ones on the other side.  What really pissed me off, though, is that I didn't have enough cash on me to bribe the guards, so I had to go back through everywhere I'd ever been so far to search for cash I might have missed, then spend even MORE time going through that stupid underwater fan blade obstacle again.

I managed to get through the bits with the cave men pretty easily, but am now fairly thoroughly stuck in the club scene.  I know what I have to do, but the sluggish, inaccurate controls of the game paired up with even more crappy camera angles and doubled down with non-respawning chocolate in the club has made the stage a nightmare, regardless of how amused I was initially with the concept.  At this point I've decided to knock off, get some sleep, and approach it fresh in the morning.  I believe I'm roughtly halfway through the game, but honestly, at this point, it feels like the edge of forever due to the inconsistencies and inaccuracies in all the mechanics.

Edited by darkchylde28
Updated all update entries to spoilers to take over less of this page/thread.
  • Like 5

Social Team · Posted

PC

• BioShock Remastered
  • Borderlands 2 (Co-Op)
  • Broken Age
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Half-Life
  • Half-Life 2
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
    • Halo: Combat Evolved (Co-Op)
    • Halo 2 (Co-Op)
    • Halo 3: ODST (Co-Op)
    • Halo 4 (Co-Op)
    • Halo Reach (Co-Op)
  • Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter
  • Psychonauts (completed on PS3/4 though 😅)
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
  • Overcook (Co-Op)
  • Overcook 2  (Co-Op)

DS

• The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

3DS

• Luigi's Mansion
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

PS Vita

• The Nonary Games
  • Mind 0
  • Tearaway
  • Wolf Among Us
  • Zero Time Dilemma

PS3

• inFamous 2
  • Resistance 3
  • Killzone 3
  • Enslaved:  Odyssey to the West
  • Jak and Daxter Collection
    • Jak and Daxter
    • Jak 2
    • Jak 3

PS4

• Valkyria Revolution (completed on PC though 😅)
  • Valkyria Chronicles Remasterd
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • God of War
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Marvel's Spiderman

Wii

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Wii U

• Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Switch

• AI: The Somnium Files
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Super Mario 3D All Stars
    • Super Mario 64
    • Super Mario Sunshine
    • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy
    • Ace Attorney
    • Justice For All
    • Trials and Tribulations
  • Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
  • Indivisible
Edited by FireHazard51
Added more games just before midnight
  • Like 5

In no particular order (but at least grouped by console)

Unfinished

1. Portal 2 (PC) - I've gotten all the achievements in single player, but now I want all the achievements in co-op. I've started playing several times, but I've never stuck with it with someone else.
  2. Gears Tactics (PC) - It's about time I beat a game with name in the credits
  3. Crypt of the NecroDancer (PC) - I've put off playing this for so long
  4. Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight (PC) - Man I didn't realize I had so much stuff in my steam backlog
  5. Q*Bert (NES) - I hesitated putting this on my list because I know it's really difficult. But why the hell not swing for the fences. Hopefully using continues will help a little.
  6. DuckTales (NES) - Got it for VGS SS. Somehow didn't have it even though it's right up my alley
  7. Mega Man 3 (NES) - I beat 1&2 in 2020, so it's time to try out 3
  8. Metroid (NES) - Another one of those games where you beat half of it, get busy, and never come back to
  9. Star Tropics (NES) - I've been meaning to spin a yoyo for awhile
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GCN) - Like Metroid beat half of it, got busy, and never came back to it.
  11. Metroid Prime (GCN) - Another classic still unstarted
  12. Pikmin (GCN) - I've been curious about the Pikmin series for awhile
  13. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - I somehow never bought this one until recently
  14. Hollow Knight (Switch) - A metroidvania I've been meaning to play for a while
  15. Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB) - To beat after Metroid for NES
  16. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past and Four Swords (GBA) - I've completed the aLttP part over a decade ago, but I've never played the Four Swords part. Maybe I'll convince a friend into playing that part.
  17. Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (DS) - I got the UKV version not too long ago and want to see why this game never made it to the US
  18. Tingle's Balloon Fight DS (DS) - This is the JPN only sequel to Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
  19. Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love (DS) - And why not complete the trilogy
  20. Picross DS (DS) - Who doesn't like Picross
  21. Picross 3D (DS) - It's like Picross 2D with one more D. Who doesn't like more Ds.
  22. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - Got it for VGS SS last year and never touched it. Now's the time.
  23. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - Another VGS SS for this year that I want to play
Spoiler

Intro comments from 2020 of finished games

1. Shovel Knight: King of Cards (PC) - I started the latest update, but got busy and never came back. My goal is to 100% it and get all the achievements again
  2. Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) - I've been meaning to play this for awhile
  3. The End is Nigh (PC) - I've picked this one up and put it down several times. Hopefully, I can finish it this time. I probably won't do a whole lot of side stuff, since this isn't grabbing me as good as Super Meat Boy.
  4. Minit (PC) - Looking forward to this
  5. Ape Out (PC) - I wasn't the biggest fan of Hotline Miami, but the music in this one is intriguing enough
  6. A Short Hike (PC) - Looks like a nice short game
  7. Cave Story+ (PC) - And there's a lot I forgot I had through Epic's free games
  8. Dandara (PC) - It turns out I have some free games from twitch Prime as well
  9. Gato Roboto (PC) - I like the look
  10. Snake Pass (PC) - What's not to love than controlling a snake
  11. Outer Wilds (PC) - I've heard really good things
  12. Kirby's Dream Land (GB) - I stopped playing handheld games when my commute stopped (due to covid-19). I was almost done with this one but hadn't figured out the final boss quite yet.
  13. Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB) - Might as well beat the 2nd as well
  14. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) - I want to beat at least one Castlevania this year
  15. Adventure Island (NES) - I played it for the weekly competition, now I want to beat (with more than 1 life this time)
  16. Bubble Bobble (NES) - Another weekly competition game that hopefully I'll get farther with more lives
  17. The Battle of Olympus (NES) - Another one I've heard good things about
  18. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (GB) - Like MM3, beat 1&2, so it's time to try out 3 (GB) - Like MM3, beat 1&2, so it's time to try out 3
  19. Anodyne (PC) - Seems like a fun Zelda-like. Might add the 2nd game too if I like this one enough

Yeah, there's no way I'm finishing this list is there. Sigh... At least I showed some restraint. This list could have been twice as long, if I added everything I could think of.

Finished

1. Shovel Knight: King of Cards (PC) - 1/12/2021 - I've 100%'ed everything but showdown mode. This includes all the non-showdown achievements and all the challenges in challenge mode. I might come back to the showdown stuff eventually, but I'm not particularly motivated after playing a bit of it.
  2. Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) - 1/16/2021 - I love puzzle games and this is an amazing one. From the style to interestingly told story, this game has it all. I got all the achievements and am now a little sad that there's no more game to play. Although it's uniqueness is part of what this game feel so fresh, I wish that there were more games like this.
  3. The End is Nigh (PC) - 1/16/2021 - I beat the past which seems to be the first half of the game. But, it's starting to get a bit boring. I think I'm going to call it done here. (I'm starting to get better about not wasting my time when I'm not having fun anymore)
  4. Minit (PC) - 1/18/2021 - Fun short game. I got 110% completion in the normal run and 112% completion in my NG+ run.
  5. Ape Out (PC) - 1/18/2021 - Another even shorter one (1.5 hours). I beat all levels plus the bonus one. I think the reason why I like this better than Hotline Miami is because it's a bit easier. For some reason I have no problem grinding away at a hard platformer level, but grinding in a Hotline Miami style game is much less fun. Luckily there was only three or so levels that I died on more than three or so times. 
  6. A Short Hike (PC) - 1/19/2021 - Should have been another very short game, but I ended up taking a bit longer to 100% it. It took forever to get the last fish. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable game.
  7. Cave Story+ (PC) - 1/28/2021 - Very fun game, kickass music, and I guess I just ignored the second word in the title because it had an unexpectedly good story. The controls were a little more floaty than my tastes, but other than that it was really good. I beat the game blind and got the normal ending and then replayed with looking stuff up and got the best ending with all the secret items.
  8. Dandara (PC) - 2/10/2021 - Another fun action platformer. This one had an interesting movement system. It was a bit fiddley at times, but overall it was a fun concept to explorer. I ended up 100% the game. Apparently I have the version that comes with DLC built in, so I 100%ed that too. I tried to make the game harder for myself by trying to never use the health or energy boosts (to be honest this was because I originally thought they were one time use, but I kept it up after I realize they regenerate at checkpoints), but I had to give in at the DLC final boss. If I spent another couple hours practicing I probably could have gotten it, but I was getting a bit bored. 
  9. Gato Roboto (PC) - 2/18/2021 - A fun short metroidvania. It around 3.5 hours to 100% it.
  10. Snake Pass (PC) - 3/5/2021 - The controls were fun to start, but got frustrating at times.
  11. Outer Wilds (PC) - 3/12/2021 - This game was a bit longer than my past couple games (took 17.5 hours to pretty much 100% it). But man did I beat it fast. It just got it hooks in me and I couldn't put it down. Both Tuesday and Thursday night I stayed up till 4 AM and I almost never stay up past 2 AM on week nights. I really enjoyed the exploration, light puzzling, flight mechanics, and surprisingly the story.
  12. Kirby's Dream Land (GB) - 3/18/21 - I was on a road trip so time to pull out the Gameboy (or GBA SP in my case). I think I had beat this previously, but I hadn't beat the hard mode. So, I beat both modes.
  13. Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB) - 5/1/21 - My game playing drastically slowed due to survivor, but I finally beat this one. It was fun and not too bad to 100%.
  14. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) - 8/16/21 - It's been awhile since I last cleared one of these. I figured I try Castlevania next. I used a guide since I knew this was one of those games with a couple BS things that there's no way you could figure out without beating your head against a wall for hours. Anyway, I definitely did not expect it to be that much of a departure from the first. I did enjoy the less linear gameplay, but the game feels a bit unfinished especially since there's only three bosses. It's also a bit on the easy side. My first playthrough, I went for 100% and got the normal ending (I beat it in 11 IG days). I decided to play again to get the good ending, and just beat that in 5 days (5:14:58).
  15. Adventure Island (NES) - 8/31/2021 - Man does the difficulty spike in world 8. I was stuck on 8-2 for what felt like forever, and 8-3 took awhile as well. I eventually had to resort to practicing with save states on an emulator, but I was able to complete it using the cart. I only had to keep the NES on for four days to save Tina.
  16. Bubble Bobble (NES) - 10/9/2021 - This one wasn't too bad difficulty wise, but then again I used like a billion continues. I did end up getting the happy ending, but didn't care enough to go back and beat the super bubble bobble mode.
  17. The Battle of Olympus (NES) - 10/12/2021 - I really enjoyed this one. There were a few times where grinding olives got annoying as well as hitting a few difficulty spikes (I kept forgetting about the "RETRY" option which helped solve a couple), but other than that I liked it. Had a decent amount of exploration without having any dumb "how was I supposed to figure that out" for the next thing to do. Partly, this is due to the NPC dialog actually being understandable and mostly useful. I did enjoy mapping out those two maze sections. Had some interesting mechanics like the gravity changing that I totally didn't expect. I liked the music as well.
  18. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (GB) - 12/26/2021 - I still don't know how I feel about this one. The best I could describe it is it feels like a really good game that just didn't hit with me. There's a lot there that on paper sounds like something I would like, but in practice I didn't care enough about the game to 100% even though I compulsively have the urge to 100% everything and getting all the treasures seems like a fun challenge.
  19. Anodyne (PC) - 12/30/2021 - Probably my last completion of the year. It's a Zelda-like so of course I enjoyed it. I 100%'ed it including all the extras that aren't included in the 100% achievement. That left me only missing the speedrun achievement to 100% the game in under 3 hours. So, I tried that one and missed it by a couple minutes on my first attempt, however I tried again and had 40 minutes to spare (would have been faster if I had realized I missed a couple things that counted for 100%). Interestingly one of the best parts about the game is that the level design isn't the greatest. That sounds weird, but the key is it doesn't feel bad, however there are a bunch of overlooked shortcuts where you can get to places you shouldn't be. It feels great when you do something like skipping around a key door or jumping puzzle. Post beating the game ramps this up even more with a certain upgrade. Although this time breaking the game is intended. 
Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Like 5

For @FireHazard51

PC : 

• Borderlands 2 (Co-Op)
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Co-Op)
    • Halo: Combat Evolved
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3: ODST
    • Halo 4
    • Halo Reach
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Overcooked
  • Overcooked! 2

Switch

• The Legends of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

For Myself:

PC:

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (finally beat it after starting and restarting .... 361hrs worth)
  • Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

Great idea!

Genesis:
Boogerman - Beaten 10/3/21
Super Fantasy Zone - Beaten 1/1/21
Task Force Harrier EX
Thunder Fox

Saturn:
Astal

SNES:
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VI

N64:
Banjo Kazooie
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/

Gamecube:
1080 Avalanche
F-Zero GX
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2

Wii:
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles 
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Beaten 8/21/21
Kirby Return to Dreamland

Wii U:
Bayonetta 2

Switch:
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated - Beaten 9/5/21
Streets of Rage 4 - Beaten 1/2/21

Xbox 360:
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

PS1:
G-Darius
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
R4 Ridge Racer Type 4

PS4:
Metal Wolf Chaos XD - Beaten 2/12/21
Spider-Man - Beaten 1/14/21
Resident Evil 7
Last of Us Remastered - Beaten 1/26/21
Yakuza Kiwami - Beaten 1/7/21
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 
Battlefield 1 - Beaten 2/22/21
Final Fantasy VII Remake

GBA:
F-Zero GP Legend

3ds:
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Edited by acromite53
  • Like 2

Events Team · Posted

Damn you, Reed, for making me take stock of my poor gaming habits.

Nintendo

Unbeaten
Akira - Famicom translation
The Cowlitz Gamers' 2nd Adventure - homebrew
Deadpool - Ninja Gaiden hack
Fester's Quest
Haradius Zero - homebrew
Hangman - homebrew
Haunted Halloween '85 - homebrew
Haunted Halloween '86 - homebrew
Jay and Silent Bob Mall Brawl - homebrew
The Legend of Zelda - with guide
The Legends of Owlia - homebrew
The Mad Wizard - homebrew
Portopia Serial Murders - Famicom translation
Project Blue - homebrew
Star Tropics
Twin Dragons - homebrew

Beaten

7vyOsR5.jpg Trophy - homebrew 

Spoiler

aGkdI15.jpg

M3q4k7X.jpg Super Mario Bros Kraft Dinner - hack

Spoiler

LBINedZ.jpg

dlwlgXH.jpg Battle Kid 2: Mountain of Torment - homebrew 

Spoiler

eyCVFKH.jpg

Switch

Unbeaten
Axiom Verge - digital
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Burnout Paradise Remastered
Katamari Damacy Reroll
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection
     - Mega Man Zero
     - Mega Man Zero 2
     - Mega Man Zero 3
     - Mega Man Zero 4
     - Mega Man ZX
     -Mega Man ZX Advent

Beaten

GsqZrvL.jpg Mega Man 11

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

Here is my list of games I would like to beat in 2021.

nintendo GIF

NES
Mega Man 1
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6

River City Ransom - Completed 5/3. Easier game than I remember. Just pad up the stats and the rest of the game is easy.

aitCEIN.jpg

Homebrews
The Incident

Hacks
Super Mario 1-3 Xmas Versions (Closer to the holidays)

Pride Xbox One X GIF by Xbox

XBOX
Alien Isolation

pc GIF

PC
Halo Master Chief Collection - I have never completed the campaigns
Starcraft 1/ Broodwar - I have never completed the campaigns
Starcraft 2 - I have never completed the campaigns

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Like 3

1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City PS2
2. Epic Mickey 2 Wii 
3. Luigi’s Mansion 3 Switch
4. Conkers Bad Fur Day Nintendo 64
5. Super Mario Galaxy Wii
6. Marble Madness NES
7. Donkey Kong Country 2 SNES 
8. Pikmin GameCube
9. Pokemon Yellow Gameboy
10. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past SNES
11. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii

2/5 update Epic Mickey is done, let’s hope the next game is better 

2/26 Donkey Kong Country 2 is done, completed 51%

10/31 Mario Galaxy was finished. I ended up playing on switch to avoid motion controls

11/17 Skyward Sword beaten, on switch again and much better 

Either Conkers or Vice City next! 

Edited by Foochie776
Update
  • Like 4

I have this problem with not finishing games. I almost exclusively picked games I have not beaten but am deep into. 

No shoot-em-ups. (Only listing games I can potentially beat :P)

Blaster Master - Nes
Contra - Nes - beat 5.09.21
KickMaster - Nes - beat 5.09.21
Shadow of the Ninja - Nes - beat 5.11.21
TMNT - Nes
Pulseman - Mega Drive
Metal Warriors - Snes
Out of this World - Snes
Plok - SNES
Pocky and Rocky - Snes
Sparkster - Snes
Zero - The Kamikaze Squirrel - Snes
Skullmonkeys - PS1
Alice - PS3
Dark Souls - PS3
Rayman Origins - PS3 - beat 9.11.21
Doom - 2016 - PS4 beat on Ultra Violence 01/04/2021
Blazing Chrome - PS4
Nioh - PS4
Valfaris - PS4 - beat on 5/3/21
Volgarr - PS4 - beat on 5/2/2

* Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - beat 10.03.21

* Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 - beat 09.30.21

* Wallachia -beat 11.01.21

* Tanuki Justice -11.05.21

20210509_115440.jpg

20210509_081541.jpg

20210503_092802.jpg

20210511_145341.jpg

20210911_155818.jpg

20211003_093211.jpg

20210930_080826.jpg

20211101_070131.jpg

20211105_085459.jpg

Edited by Californication
  • Like 2

Gotta keep it simple. Some games I owned as a kid but never finished. 

1. Blaster Master
2. Boy and His Blob
3. Mega Man 3
4. Mickey Mousecapades
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 

That's it. I'd be happy to knock these off.

Edited by BriGuy82
Updated List
  • Like 4

gonna swing for the fences and make this the year of the NES.

Some of these are replays. If I haven’t beaten it more recently than the beginning of 2019, it got put on the list.

Finished:

1. Mario Bros. - 01/01/21
  2. Ice Climber - 01/01/21
  3. Dragon Warrior - 01/03/21
  4. Faxanadu - 01/04/21
  5. Batman: The Video Game - 01/05/21
  6. Totally Rad - 10/05/21
  7. Donkey Kong - 10/05/21
  8. Batman: Return of the Joker - 01/06/21
  9. Power Blade 2 - 01/08/21
  10. Monster Party - 01/09/21
  11. Dig Dug (well, got far enough for the dirt to go back to the first level's colors anyways) - 01/10/21
  12. Crystalis - 01/10/21
  13. Vice: Project Doom - 01/11/21
  14. Strider - 01/12/21
  15. The Trolls in Crazyland - 01/14/21
  16. Journey to Silius - 01/15/21
  17. Mega Man 4 - 01/16/21
  18. StarTropics - 01/17/21
  19. Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II - 01/17/21
  20. Yo! Noid - 01/19/21
  21. S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team - 01/20/21
  22. Kekkyoku Nankyoku Daibouken - 01/21/21
  23. Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness - 01/22/21
  24. Ys: Ancient Ys Vanished - 01/24/21
  25. Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight - 01/27/21
  26. M. C. Kids  - 01/28/21
  27. Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished - The Final Chapter - 01/31/21
  28. Ys III: Wanderers from Ys - 02/01/21
  29. Kid Dracula - 02/03/21
  30. Puyo Puyo  - 02/03/21
  31. Bomberman II - 02/04/21
  32. The Guardian Legend - 02/06/21
  33. Little Nemo: The Dream Master - 02/07/21
  34. Clash at Demonhead - 02/07/21
  35. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu - 02/08/21
  36. Donkey Kong Jr. - 02/10/21
  37. Mega Man 5 - 02/12/21
  38. Dragon Warrior II - 02/17/21
  39. Donkey Kong 3 - 02/19/21
  40. Tetris (Played both Nintendo and Tengen Tetris. Probably didn't get to the highest level or whatever, don't really care!) - 02/19/21
  41. Barbie
  42. Galaga: Demons of Death
  43. Pac-Man
  44. Dr. Mario
  45. Super Mario Bros.
  46. Dragon Warrior III
  47. Metal Slader Glory
  48. Dragon Warrior IV
  49. Earthbound Beginnings
  50. Sweet Home
  51. Mouryou Senki Madara
  52. Final Fantasy
  53. Final Fantasy II
  54. Final Fantasy III
  55. Radia Senki: Reimeihen
  56. Magic of Scheherazade, The
  57. Little Samson
  58. Mega Man 6
  59. Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti
  60. Double Dragon
  61. Rockin’ Kats
  62. Destiny of an Emperor
  63. Bonk's Adventure

Upcoming (obviously subject to change):

1. Dragon Fighter
  2. Conquest of the Crystal Palace
  3. Xexyz
  4. Metroid
  5. Lagrange Point
  6. Legacy of the Wizard
  7. Battle City
  8. Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland
  9. Destiny of an Emperor II

To be determined:

1. Snow Brothers
  2. Gradius
  3. Batman Returns
  4. Blaster Master
  5. Battle of Olympus, The
  6. Mighty Final Fight
  7. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  8. Gun-Nac
  9. Super Mario Bros. 2
  10. Metal Storm
  11. Mr. Gimmick
  12. Super C
  13. Kick Master
  14. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
  15. Double Dragon II: The Revenge
  16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
  17. Life Force
  18. Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
  19. Bucky O'Hare
  20. Bubble Bobble
  21. Guerrilla War
  22. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  23. River City Ransom
  24. Fire 'n Ice/Solomon's Key 2
  25. Ghosts 'n Goblins
  26. Kid Icarus
  27. Kung Fu
  28. Maniac Mansion
  29. Adventures of Lolo
  30. Bionic Commando
  31. Cowboy Kid
  32. Yoshi's Cookie
  33. Moon Crystal
  34. Adventure Island 3
  35. Gremlins 2: The New Batch
  36. Jackal
  37. The Lone Ranger
  38. G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
  39. Krion Conquest, The
  40. Burai Fighter
  41. Zen the Intergalactic Ninja
  42. Dragon Spirit: The New Legend
  43. Legendary Wings
  44. Hammerin' Harry
  45. Low G Man: The Low Gravity Man
  46. New Ghostbusters 2
  47. Kickle Cubicle
  48. Metal Gear
  49. Pirates!
  50. Arkista's Ring
  51. The Punisher
  52. Contra Force
  53. Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa
  54. Cocoron
  55. Cosmo Police Galivan
  56. Getsu Fūma Den
  57. King Kong 2: Ikari no Megaton Punch
  58. Majou Densetsu II: The Maze of Galious
  59. Mitsume ga Tooru

Other stuff played and completed to some level of satisfaction:

• Kid Klown in Night Mayor World - 01/01/21
  • Ninja Crusaders - 01/01/21
  • Gargoyle's Quest (GB) - 01/21/21
  • Ys: The Vanished Omens (SMS) - 01/24/21
  • Ys Book I & II (TCD) - 01/30/21
  • Shadow of the Ninja - 02/28/21
  • 428: Shibuya Scramble - 02/28/21
  • Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia
  • Spy Kids Challenger
  • Primal Rage
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Food Fight
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Higanbana: The First Night
  • Higanbana: The Second Night
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  • The Final Fantasy Legend
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Astal
  • Clockwork Knight
Edited by MagusSmurf
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 4

Editorials Team · Posted

I did some test runs on Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi III the last week.  I hadn't played either one in at least a decade.

RoS is too damn hard for me to deal with right now, so I swapped it out for Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and I beat Shinobi III on Easy, but I'm a little too scared of that final level to try it on medium just yet.

I'm starting Disgaea 4 right now to play in tandem with Xenoblade 2 which I am already a good way through.  I owned it for PS3 for years and years, but never got around to playing it.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to The 2021 Backlog Challenge
1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

RoS is too damn hard for me to deal with right now.

RoS has a very deliberate cadence, even more so than Shinobi III. If you try to force the pace, you'll get your ass kicked. But once you get "into the groove" of it, it is such an incredible feeling and the game makes you feel like a ninja-god. RoS is in the running for me for "Best Game of All-Time". I only wish I had given my Genesis more attention when I was younger so I could have discovered some of these absolute gems.

Edited by Webhead123
  • Like 2

Guys. If you hold down shift when pressing enter you can make single-line line breaks instead of the double height ones. 😉 
There's also the "list" formatting button in the top of the editor which is useful for when listing stuff and you don't want to bother with those line breaks, or numbering stuff manually.

• Like 2