IGNORED

The 2021 Backlog Challenge

Reed Rothchild

Events Team · Posted
30 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Undertale is done.  I have been told i need to get the good ending for reasons i guess.  But, i beat the final boss.  So count it!!!!!!

@ChickenTendas

There is still more to the game, so yes, I would also highly recommend you get the good ending.

• Confused 1

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@ZeldaFreak i kinda need to know ^^^^  

kuz um, i really wanna count it done, but if i can't then i wont 😒

I'm not actually at my PC 24/7, despite what it may seem 😛

And no, I wouldn't say so, since there's actually new content here, whereas second quest is basically just New Game+ with nothing particularly new or different about it other than the difficulty.

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I'm not actually at my PC 24/7, despite what it may seem 😛

And no, I wouldn't say so, since there's actually new content here, whereas second quest is basically just New Game+ with nothing particularly new or different about it other than the difficulty.

😒  So new content as in i didnt beat the game?  Would you consider it beaten?  I kinda feel like if its just little piddly stuff then I count it......We talking new areas or new dialog?

Just now, Jeevan said:

😒  So new content as in i didnt beat the game?  Would you consider it beaten?  I kinda feel like if its just little piddly stuff then I count it......We talking new areas or new dialog?

Call it beat if you want, who cares what other people say. That said it's more than new dialog and areas, yes.

What did you think of the game?

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

We talking new areas or new dialog?

All of the above and more.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like there's still like 10 more hours of content, but no, for all intents and purposes, I would personally consider the game not fully beaten, and it's certainly not just little piddly stuff.

• Angry 1

It's surprisingly fast to go through the game again, but I kind of had the feeling you didn't want to (and I can understand that too).

This is also the exact reason I told you, when you started, that it's important that you didn't kill anyone, even though some people thought that was a spoiler. 😉 

If you'd killed a lot of stuff, the differences on a second playthrough would have been bigger.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Ok, it is counted for the purpose of this backlog, i can't go around appeasing everyone, just myself.  I will come back to it and beat it again if I get the rest of my list knocked out!  

Fair?

OK, well I certainly hope you get through the rest of your list then, haha.

• Eyeroll 1

Events Helper · Posted

@BortLicensePlate

Forgot to answer the how did u like it.

For an rpg it was diff.  It was a good game, just weird, and by that i mean, not leveling.......It was a decent atmosphere to the game.  Did remind me a lot of FF3, moreso than earthbound.  I mean espers and humans........monsters and humans........and of course the opera scene.

Overall I'd prolly rate it a 7 out of 10, not sure where that falls on the @Reed Rothchild scale of fuck you jeeves if u rate something 10, but I would say i will play it again, just not for this backlog challenge unless i finish more.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sumez said:

This is also the exact reason I told you, when you started, that it's important that you didn't kill anyone, even though some people thought that was a spoiler. 😉 

Spoiler

To be fair, the scene where you kill Toriel is still quite powerful, I felt like a bag of dicks after that. I think the intention is you experience that, and then go back through a second time without killing her because you know what the consequences are.

But it does suck having to play the whole game again. I didnt bother

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@BortLicensePlate

Forgot to answer the how did u like it.

For an rpg it was diff.  It was a good game, just weird, and by that i mean, not leveling.......It was a decent atmosphere to the game.  Did remind me a lot of FF3, moreso than earthbound.  I mean espers and humans........monsters and humans........and of course the opera scene.

Overall I'd prolly rate it a 7 out of 10, not sure where that falls on the @Reed Rothchild scale of fuck you jeeves if u rate something 10, but I would say i will play it again, just not for this backlog challenge unless i finish more.

7 "fuck Jeeves for rating something"s translates to about 14 "Richardheads giving up in the first week"s or 21 "chickentendas totally not pretending to actually play the games"s

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BortLicensePlate said:
  Hide contents

To be fair, the scene where you kill Toriel is still quite powerful, I felt like a bag of dicks after that. I think the intention is you experience that, and then go back through a second time without killing her because you know what the consequences are.

But it does suck having to play the whole game again. I didnt bother

It's confusing to me that people do it in the first place. Like the game specifically tells you not to do that.

But I hear a lot of people accidentally do it. 🙂 I guess they are still coming to terms with the mechanics? 

• Like 1

I've been playing a game that's been in my back log for a while, but it isn't a game that I put on my list.......  Oh well, I'm having too much fun to stop now.  

For those interested, the game is Shovel Knight.  I had only ever played the first level or two and never got around to paying it any further.  Now I'm a ways in with lots of upgrades and I'm loving it. I wish I had played it earlier.  

• Like 2