IGNORED

POLL - Best User 2020 Holiday Chiptune Entry (Site Contest)

Deadeye

2020 Holiday Chiptune Music Contest  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Listen to the Soundcloud playlist below. Pick your favorite user made chiptunew entry.

• Spacepup - Carol
    • Famicuber - 12 Days of Christmas: Chiptune Euro Style
    • Casual Cart - Rudolph the R-type Reindeer Chiptune
    • Zi - Santa's Coming For Us
    • TWarwick07 - 8bit
    • ZeldaFreak - Very Merry Holiday Cheer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2020 at 04:59 AM

Homebrew Team · Posted

275557022_Soundcloudimage.thumb.png.4eb4929e3c45dd727c082f64f7560ee5.png

HoHoHoHo!  Spreading the holiday cheer for you all.  We had a impromptu chiptune contest running and the submissions have  closed.  Now is the fun part, all of you get to listen to their efforts and vote on your favorite chiptune entry.  Poll votes are not public, but feel free to discuss about the tunes or even say which one you voted for if you wish in this thread.  Voting closes on 12/24/2020 at 11:59 VGS time.  The contest was mostly for fun and holiday cheer, but first and second place get prizes.  

Playlist (make sure to scroll in the window to play all the chiptunes)

Direct Link: https://soundcloud.com/deadeye_bit/sets/vgs-2020-xmas-chiptunes/s-ZdvJoSE7hTp

Carol by @spacepup
12 Days of Christmas: Chiptune Euro Style by @Famicuber
Rudolph the R-Type Reindeer Chiptune by @CasualCart
Santa's Coming For Us by @zi
8 Bit by @TWarwick07
Very Merry Holiday Cheer by @ZeldaFreak

The primary submission was the chiptunes and that is what you are voting on, but a couple entries submitted bonus items for your enjoyment.

• Famicuber made the entry into a NES ROM and it playable on your emulator or flash cartROM file attached to post.
  • Casual Cart made the entry into an animated video with lyrics.  Link here

VGS12DaysDemo.nes

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted

Yay!  Honestly, this was pretty tough as you all made some great ones! I voted for Famicuber's entry - I thought it was very well made and I love the way he incorporated the different tones to signify the different days of Christmas.  Well done!

These were all fun to listen to - thanks everyone for your entries! 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I went ahead and voted for Famicuber's entry, I knew he was gonna win this thing as soon as I heard it. They're all great though!

I don't think it's a given!  Still several days to go, and honestly, I really struggled as I like several of them very much!

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Ok,

So here is the deal, I have it narrowed to 3.

@Famicuber you did really well and it reminds me so much of a nes game.

@zi Thanks for sharing this song.  I never would have known about it.  I'm glad you put the OG up for reference.  

@CasualCart I am so loving this song.  You did so well.  I had to go back and read the lyrics again.  I am not basing it off of the video tho.  I am basing it off of the music only.

I will deliberate and get back to you on all of this.  Good job everyone.  

@ZeldaFreak You did well and I love the tempo changes.  Kind of wish you would have done a bit more with each, but I know you were pressed for time

@spacepup Very good for a first timer.  

@TWarwick07 Very good beats.  Am I missing something tho.  I don't get a super christmassy vibe from this.  Did u base it off of this:

Anyways, I will vote when I decide.....

Once again, good job everyone!!!!!  I enjoy them all in their own little way 😉  

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I don't think it's a given!  Still several days to go, and honestly, I really struggled as I like several of them very much!

We'll see I suppose, but if I could get money on this, I'd definitely bet on Fami's winning, haha. We'll see if my entry can secure even a single vote, I'd be happy with that, haha.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@ZeldaFreak You did well and I love the tempo changes.  Kind of wish you would have done a bit more with each, but I know you were pressed for time

Well like I said when I talked to you about it, there were about 6 more songs I wanted to include so it would've been longer, but I just didn't have time to implement them all. If I had planned to only include 8 songs from the beginning, I would've done more with all of them.

I do like that mine is the last song in the playlist, though. I think the We Wish You A Merry Christmas ending is a fitting way to cap the playlist off 🙂

• Like 1