IGNORED

Stop Smoking Coach on DS

I just stumbled on a description of this game, I figured it was a joke. But after searching a little bit there are ebay listings and ign listings. How have I never heard of this before?!! This seems like something I should have seen become an inside joke on here or back on NA. But Ive never seen it mentioned. It just seems so ridiculous that it should have been a mem or something.

https://www.ign.com/games/my-stop-smoking-coach-with-allen-carr

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=smoking+coach+DS&_sacat=0

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I legit got this for my girl who used to smoke... she never turned it on once lol 

I have one. Smells like smoke.

It gets an “E” rating...what the?

2 hours ago, The Strangest said:

I remember seeing it in GameStop, next to all of the “Learn Spanish/French/German/etc.” coaches. The DS was something else, a weird cultural phenomenon that’s hard to explain to kids that weren’t around for it back in the day.

I mean I could see the language learning, though boring its something that kids would participate in. But to stop smoking? Was there really a large enough base of adults trying to quite smoking that also had a DS? 

Member · Posted
2 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I mean I could see the language learning, though boring its something that kids would participate in. But to stop smoking? Was there really a large enough base of adults trying to quite smoking that also had a DS? 

You don't question why shovelware exists. You only accept it.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

If I do remember correctly, Nintendo was banking on adults owning the handheld themselves. The marketing for the DSi XL showed older adults with their system sideways like a book for reading software.

Member · Posted
9 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I don't even think this qualifies as shovelware, it is its own weird thing. lol

It's definitely border line.  I'm guessing the company had a tool for training-ware generation and they had covered the top 4-5 languages, and were looking for something else to easily make a few bucks.  I could be wrong though.

Regardless, I've wanted to hunt down a sealed copy of this just because I agree it's quite an oddity.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I just stumbled on a description of this game, I figured it was a joke. But after searching a little bit there are ebay listings and ign listings. How have I never heard of this before?!! This seems like something I should have seen become an inside joke on here or back on NA. But Ive never seen it mentioned. It just seems so ridiculous that it should have been a mem or something.

https://www.ign.com/games/my-stop-smoking-coach-with-allen-carr

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=smoking+coach+DS&_sacat=0

I legit got this for my girl who used to smoke... she never turned it on once lol 

• Haha 2