IGNORED

Quick Holiday Giveaway! LE Homebrew Gyrodine 46 / 50 and Mario Pins (New)

jonebone

Must've been around 99, when Donkey Kong 64 cane out. I remember opening a Nintendo 64. But back then I was only about 7 years old, I know most of my friends had a Playstation. So I said to my parents, wow a Playstation! When I opened the N64. My parents told me that it was actually a Nintendo, but we can exchange it for the Playstation if I want. I decided to keep the N64, which was the best decision I could make. Still playing that same console to this day

• Like 2

When my brother and I were younger, my mom often got us a shared big gift for Christmas. One year, we got the gold N64 that was the toys r us exclusive. We would all play pokemon stadium together, including my mom, and even mario party together. Not sure what happened to the system sadly. 

• Like 1

I've told the deluxe system story before sometime in the past.

Christmas 1989 was an interesting one though, ruined my parents fun that year.  I had wanted a Gameboy and kept up deeply through Nintendo Power about all the abilities it had, the games that existed or would into the next year and it got me very wrapped up into it around playing what I did have.  That year I had been busy opening up gifts and came across a small box thinking nothing of it, kids love the big boxes, with big gifts, so I tore it open and before I could be stopped out peeks Super Mario Land.  It was on at that point, and I found that Gameboy.  By now I don't remember what else there was that year, other than I was playing with all sorts of stuff, but I can't even begin to guess how many times I finished off Super Mario Land if not that day, shortly after and repeatedly so ever since as it's fun, not TOO easy, even if it is easier than most, yet short enough to keep at it time and again.

• Like 2

Every Christmas growing up we would open our stockings (with an attached bag full of smaller gifts) upstairs on our parents' bed before going downstairs where the big stuff would be waiting for us in the living room. I remember one year going downstairs and seeing a package which was unmistakably a Super Nintendo. The rules were we had to all get dressed and have breakfast before we could open those presents, but it must have been the fastest breakfast ever because my brother and I were not patient at that point. My memory is terrible so I don't remember much beyond that, but I'm sure we played Super Mario World non-stop for probably the rest of the week.

• Like 2