IGNORED

Paradise Copy Device (famicom)

fcgamer

I just updated my blog with a post on the Paradise copy device, which was used to copy games in retail shops back in Taiwan during the 80s and 90s.

https://fcgamer.wordpress.com/2020/12/13/retail-shops-copy-carts/

I hope to revive my blog so if you like odd gaming stuff, please check back. 

Thanks!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

I just updated my blog with a post on the Paradise copy device, which was used to copy games in retail shops back in Taiwan during the 80s and 90s.

https://fcgamer.wordpress.com/2020/12/13/retail-shops-copy-carts/

I hope to revive my blog so if you like odd gaming stuff, please check back. 

Thanks!

Very cool. I've never actually seen a rom copying device like this before. Interesting that they could cut out the middle man by skipping the dumping process and instead just flashing(?) directly to the pirate cart. Presumably the owner just made a bunch of copies of good games and then sold those. Or maybe people brought in their original copy of a game to make a copy for a friend.

1 hour ago, attakid101 said:

I stand by my statement. 
#americafirst

If I were to write a similar article about America, I'd be writing about buying single games for full price in shops, a story we all likely know. That's not too interesting is it? Furthermore, when my blog focuses on obscure and rare gaming items, such a theme wouldn't match.

• Like 4

I actually stumbled across your blog last night on a random google search about licensed and bootleg Famicom games so it is clearly getting a lot of hits (was third place for me).

I didn’t know you had a blog so I look forward to reading through it to learn all the weird things about Famicom.

• Like 2

His site really is a gem that is and isn't known.  If you do that right search due to the bizarre and unique content it pops up fairly quick and gives you far more than probably anyone else can given his insanely overkill collated collection of both licensed but the screwball unlicensed, pirate and wonky ass stuff that comes out of that region as well.  Duplicated elsewhere, sure, but by far not quite so much and in broken pieces while that place is more of a decent personal experience catch all and not third person nonsense.

• Like 1