IGNORED

Help identifying inserts for Dragon Warrior and Zelda

MiamiSlice

11 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

It's not like B.A. to be wrong about this kind of thing but those Dragon Warrior inserts are from the NES game.

Different print runs of DW came with different inserts.  There are two different styles of manuals (Explorers Handbook NES-DQA-USA and standard style manual NES-DQ-USA); your checklist does not account for both of them.

Edited by Dr. Morbis

Here is exactly how the promotion was shipped and packaged:

Bubble mailer from Nintendo:

20201212_143226.jpg

The contents inside were the sealed DW game, the DW2 envelope that came with a map/monster/item chart for DW2 and a letter from Enix advertising DW2.  The rest of the contents were in the clear bag with a letter from Nintendo. You can tell all of the extras were the same size.  

20201212_143454.jpg

The first paragraph on the letter from Nintendo spells out the extras that were included:

20201212_143505.jpg

Most of the stuff came with the game, but not packaged inside of the actual box. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, B.A. said:

20201212_143226.jpg

The contents inside were the sealed DW game, the DW2 envelope that came with a map/monster/item chart for DW2 and a letter from Enix advertising DW2.  The rest of the contents were in the clear bag with a letter from Nintendo. You can tell all of the extras were the same size.  

20201212_143454.jpg

The first paragraph on the letter from Nintendo spells out the extras that were included:

20201212_143505.jpg

Most of the stuff came with the game, but not packaged inside of the actual box. 

Wow, you weren't wrong! So how is the monster chart different from the one that came inside the game?

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Wow, you weren't wrong! So how is the monster chart different from the one that came inside the game?

I opened a sealed DW for the NES Sealed Contents list and it came with a yellow tip sheet.  The NP give away was suppossed to be a "baby's first RPG" helper kit, so it has a much-expanded manual (the Explorer's Handbook) and a much expanded Yellow Tip Sheet (the Adventure Guide Card).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 2:08 PM, Code Monkey said:

It's not like B.A. to be wrong about this kind of thing but those Dragon Warrior inserts are from the NES game.

Screenshot_20201212-120104.jpg

Ok I have to ask, what tool is that?  I recently started stuffing my things onto gameye since it was free, but it seems to be a bit lacking in places for odd stuff.  That one seems a bit over the top but maybe that's needed for special notes, inserts etc.

On topic though, back in the 90s one time I called Nintendo when I learned they had mountains of out of print game manuals lying about, cheap too, with flat rate shipping.  At the time I had won my friends copy of DW1 on a bet, so I tried to get what I could.  DW1 came with a low profile manual, but separately and it was in a clear bag sealed up still original from the mass run of NP(Nintendo)'s thing with the game you got the manual tall with helper bits in it as it's very expanded, the map, and the stiff cardboard/pressboard reference thing you see there.  I do not recall anything else in the bag.  It was fun to bust open and thumb through it all as it's pretty well done for the time.

20 minutes ago, DestructoDisk said:

Hmm, both me and my friend had the map, Explorer's Handbook, and Adventure Card, but neither one of us had a NP subscription. Not sure where he got his. My parent's bought mine. It's possible it was second hand, but it was complete.

Like someone said above, I think there was one version of the game that had those 3 items in it. 

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ok I have to ask, what tool is that?  I recently started stuffing my things onto gameye since it was free, but it seems to be a bit lacking in places for odd stuff.  That one seems a bit over the top but maybe that's needed for special notes, inserts etc.

I'm a software developer, I made it. It is written to allow for anyone to create a login and use it themselves but I just never got around to putting it on the Android Play Store. I'm currently in the process of creating a web based solution instead.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, B.A. said:

20201212_143226.jpg

20201212_143454.jpg

20201212_143505.jpg

Looks like the inserts just came in the same type of bag the games came in.

23 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm a software developer, I made it. It is written to allow for anyone to create a login and use it themselves but I just never got around to putting it on the Android Play Store. I'm currently in the process of creating a web based solution instead.

Fun it looks solid and more inclusive of the strange things, and seems maybe easier to add them too.  Gameye big fail is it has holes, odd ones, and you have to then create an account on the games database and research the info, supply art, and add it so it'll show up in the app which kind of blows.  I've got both formats but android is mostly retired, so I'd welcome the web one, or even apple if that appeared.  If it's happy on my phone either way I would not care.  Don't mind using my ancient list I do, but I liked the idea of the quick links, arts, estimated values, etc.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Fun it looks solid and more inclusive of the strange things, and seems maybe easier to add them too.  Gameye big fail is it has holes, odd ones, and you have to then create an account on the games database and research the info, supply art, and add it so it'll show up in the app which kind of blows.  I've got both formats but android is mostly retired, so I'd welcome the web one, or even apple if that appeared.  If it's happy on my phone either way I would not care.  Don't mind using my ancient list I do, but I liked the idea of the quick links, arts, estimated values, etc.

You'll like what's coming.

• Like 1