IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077

fox

40 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Can anyone explain to me the appeal of a first-person game avatar having genitals.

Seems sort of like a pointless thing even if it were third-person, unless of course the game is a full blown adult dating sim.

You could say that about any avatar customization past skin tone and voice when it comes to first person perspective. 

36 minutes ago, Aguy said:

You could say that about any avatar customization past skin tone and voice when it comes to first person perspective. 

True.

Although you might call me prudish, but it feels like there's a not-so-fine line between immersive character customization, and choosing how thick, hairy, veiny, and cut your third leg of a penis should be in a video game.

Then again, it feels good to finally be represented....

7 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

True.

Although you might call me prudish, but it feels like there's a not-so-fine line between immersive character customization, and choosing how thick, hairy, veiny, and cut your third leg of a penis should be in a video game.

Then again, it feels good to finally be represented....

I'm not very far into the story, but after investigating, genital size doesn't seem to have any affect on gameplay, so I'm going to go with marketing gimmick. But at least it's not as immature as the Saint's Row series.

6 hours ago, Aguy said:

I'm not very far into the story, but after investigating, genital size doesn't seem to have any affect on gameplay, so I'm going to go with marketing gimmick. But at least it's not as immature as the Saint's Row series.

Where you could beat people with gigantic floppy Dildo swords? That was amazing   

And I agree, it was a marketing gimmick. Other than the eight seconds I spent customizing mine on my character, I haven't thought about it otherwise. 

13 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Where you could beat people with gigantic floppy Dildo swords? That was amazing   

And I agree, it was a marketing gimmick. Other than the eight seconds I spent customizing mine on my character, I haven't thought about it otherwise. 

Yeah, but instead of dildo swords, Cyberpunk has dildo billy clubs. I just spent a couple minutes just going through some of the rng creations till something came up that wasn't hideous.

Yeah, I don’t understand why they even released this game on PS4 and Xbox One. Granted, the current gen and PC versions aren’t exactly homeruns either.

I think there’s a lesson here about developer worship. This game was deemed a masterpiece before it was ever close to seeing the light of day.

(I also think Witcher 3 is massively overrated but that’s a rant for another day.)

3 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Yeah, I don’t understand why they even released this game on PS4 and Xbox One. Granted, the current gen and PC versions aren’t exactly homeruns either.

The moral of the story boys and girls is if you don't do it right you gotta do it twice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I think there’s a lesson here about developer worship. This game was deemed a masterpiece before it was ever close to seeing the light of day.

(I also think Witcher 3 is massively overrated but that’s a rant for another day.)

The Witcher 3 was a good game, but I agree it was overrated and not as good as Witcher 2 or the very first Witcher. And unlike Cyberpunk it was playable 🙂

Although I have to give credit to CDPR, they have given us quite a goldmine of laughs! Enjoy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:57 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I can think of about 150 million reasons.

After Witcher 3, everyone was ready to purchase anything from CDPR. They could have released a game called "Watch Some Turd Dry" and people would have preordered the shite (see what I did there) out of it! Ain't gonna happen now. Once your reputation is down the toilet, you're going to have to work hard to get people to trust. Huge loss of goodwill from gamers, huge loss of money for refunding games, huge drop in stocks, I bet in hindsight those 150 million reasons just aren't worth it.

Oh, and did I mention lawsuits?

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-red-could-face-a-class-action-lawsuit-over-misrepresentation

Screenshot from 2020-12-20 21-13-41.png

Edited by avatar!

On 12/20/2020 at 8:11 PM, avatar! said:

After Witcher 3, everyone was ready to purchase anything from CDPR. They could have released a game called "Watch Some Turd Dry" and people would have preordered the shite (see what I did there) out of it! Ain't gonna happen now. Once your reputation is down the toilet, you're going to have to work hard to get people to trust. Huge loss of goodwill from gamers, huge loss of money for refunding games, huge drop in stocks, I bet in hindsight those 150 million reasons just aren't worth it.

Oh, and did I mention lawsuits?

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-red-could-face-a-class-action-lawsuit-over-misrepresentation

And did I mention a little something about self respect? 😛  And I guess just like with cheaters, corner cutters never win either.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:08 AM, Shmup said:

The best thing about this thread is that @fox started the thread doing a bit (at least I assume it was) and it actually turned out to be a bad game haha.

Well... It sounds like the game is actually pretty awesome if you have the ability to play it on a powerful console or PC. I'm also pretty sure only a small fraction of hardcore gamers actually care about the performance. We just happen to be among those people who would notice and care. It is funny how quickly we forget the performance disasters of Elder Scrolls 4 on 360, GTA 4 & 5 everywhere, and many others. I played through those games on consoles and barely noticed the poor performance since there wasn't quite the internet echo chamber we have today.

I'm not excusing the poor performance; it plays like trash on old consoles. But you don't sell through 13 million copies in a week if a game sucks. And yes, that number accounts for refunds.

A bad game is bad forever, but a poorly performing game is only bad until the patches drop.

Personally I'm waiting for the next gen upgrade before playing.

Edited by DoctorEncore

On 12/20/2020 at 8:25 PM, The Strangest said:

That’s fair, but at some point you have to look at the product and think “This isn’t going to work.” Even if you have to delay it further.

It's crazy how often publicly traded companies will trade their reputation for short term profit. If I ever owned a largesuccessful company, I would keep it private forever to avoid this kind of stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Well... It sounds like the game is actually pretty awesome if you have the ability to play it on a powerful console or PC. I'm also pretty sure only a small fraction of hardcore gamers actually care about the performance. We just happen to be among those people who would notice and care. It is funny how quickly we forget the performance disasters of Elder Scrolls 4 on 360, GTA 4 & 5 everywhere, and many others. I played through those games on consoles and barely noticed the poor performance since there wasn't quite the internet echo chamber we have today.

I'm not excusing the poor performance; it plays like trash on old consoles. But you don't sell through 13 million copies in a week if a game sucks. And yes, that number accounts for refunds.

A bad game is bad forever, but a poorly performing game is only bad until the patches drop.

Personally I'm waiting for the next gen upgrade before playing.

Yeah I agree. I’m sure it will be fixed within 6 months or so. Just like New Vegas was an absolute mess on launch but is probably one of the best fallout games now.

I’ll grab it in a year or so when everything is fixed and I have gotten through some games I’m more excited to play.

• Like 1