IGNORED

And then there were none...

Reed Rothchild

Editorials Team · Posted
On 12/10/2020 at 11:20 PM, DarkTone said:

I need to know the story behind that. 

Behind me getting the cart?

No story, really.  I put it off until the end because I (almost) never drop hundreds on a game.

I mentioned it in a facebook group and @acidjaguar talked to one of his guys and got it below market value.  So I traded him some stuff (ie Kickmaster, some games for his secret Santa, etc) for it.  Much easier to replace a $90 game in the future.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Behind me getting the cart?

No story, really.  I put it off until the end because I (almost) never drop hundreds on a game.

I mentioned it in a facebook group and @acidjaguar talked to one of his guys and got it below market value.  So I traded him some stuff (ie Kickmaster, some games for his secret Santa, etc) for it.  Much easier to replace a $90 game in the future.

Good move and networking.  I do the same on prices and finding ways to slice them.  I got rid of a Dragon Warrior 4 cart a few years ago or so with a guide to knock $200 off my neo geo purchase.

• The title was changed to And then there was none...
Editorials Team · Posted

I stopped by @acidjaguar's garage sale and he surprised me with a gift.  I didn't ask him to acquire this, he didn't ask for any money, and I had no idea it was happening.

IMG_20210605_082707.jpg

720/720.  "Set" complete.

This is not an easy game to find, it's even harder to find in this shape, and I can't imagine it was cheap.

I'll figure out a way to return the favor.  Perhaps his Secret Santa needs to reach out to me this year...

• Like 21
  • Wow! 6
  • Love 5

Incredible.  That's a hell of a way to finish it off that's for certain.  Usually you see someone get the weird one done at the end you put off, not always the weird expensive one, but the stuff you know you can put away for later.  But then that, and a hand off free...meme above covers it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to And then there were none...