IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - 2020 Tournament - Bubble Bobble + Circus Charlie

BeaIank

3 hours ago, Richardhead said:

You don’t think he’s going to win with those scores do you? Because I can beat both of those. 

@Gaia Gensouki put up a circus charlie score thats 27k higher than bert's before bert had even posted his scores. He is the quiet giant no one sees lurking. He'll get that bubble bobble score up in due time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@Gaia Gensouki put up a circus charlie score thats 27k higher than bert's before bert had even posted his scores. He is the quiet giant no one sees lurking. He'll get that bubble bobble score up in due time. 

Why did you have to bring that up? I was hoping I could fly under the radar without anyone noticing.😂

Bubble Bobble however is an entirely different beast. There are so many levels and it's tough to master in such a short amount of time, if you've never played it before. I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Why did you have to bring that up? I was hoping I could fly under the radar without anyone noticing.😂

Bubble Bobble however is an entirely different beast. There are so many levels and it's tough to master in such a short amount of time, if you've never played it before. I'll see what I can do.

I spent most of my day off on bubble bobble!  🤣

Also imo it is really fun!  gonna have to go back and beat it at some point since I can rack up the lives now lol

2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Way to throw him under the bus! 😂 Now @bertsampson might have to actually try!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I thought about that for a split second but figured there was no way the guys who are actually playing wouldn't catch it when I did as a casual observer. If someone wants to offer a wager of bert vs the field, ill load up on the field. Deaf, gaia, richie. Any one of them could detrhone the champ. Id set the odds pretty even across the board

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I mean you could always just... play Bubble Bobble. 😛

I played it a little last night out of curiosity since it had been so long and Id never really gotten into it. The shortcomings of bubble bobble made me appreciate and want to play rainbow islands. Far and away the best of the bb series imo

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I played it a little last night out of curiosity since it had been so long and Id never really gotten into it. The shortcomings of bubble bobble made me appreciate and want to play rainbow islands. Far and away the best of the bb series imo

Rainbow Islands is fuckin TIGHT. 

• Like 3

Events Helper · Posted

Nothing like playing bubble bobble and practicing a level you couldn't get passed, then the next run it throws u one of those potion thingies and ur like.....shit, why didn't u do that last run lol.   pretty unpredictable for me. I think it's an overall great game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I think it's an overall great game.

It hits my biggest pet peeve of making you play as a character that moves so goddamn slow. Even mario 1 gave you the option of holding down B to run fast. I think if I could speed the dude up, I might enjoy it. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

It hits my biggest pet peeve of making you play as a character that moves so goddamn slow. Even mario 1 gave you the option of holding down B to run fast. I think if I could speed the dude up, I might enjoy it. 

ya, it takes a little getting used to, but there are turbo shoes.....just make sure u don't keep them for levels you need more precision on.

• Like 1